• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

EURO

Kareem

Arabmariner said:
Kareem said:
Arabmariner said:
Kareem said:
centralcoastyouth said:
i feel whoever wins the group of death will win the tournament
+1
i agree
but i cant believe every1 thinking Italy will got thru
i think France and Holland. Van Persie returning to fitness, Robben + Van Nistelrooy returning to form- looks only good to me.
and France- RIBERY!!! + Nasri and Benzema looking to make this their official entrance to the world stage IMO!
France??...............they lost to Scotland TWICE in the qualifyers.They only qualified because Scotland as usual f**ked up against Georgia and Italy when it really mattered.
Is England the 17th best team in Europe? NO!
Correct.They,re worse than that!! :p
lol
knew someone would say that ;)

loyalist

0K1UHJ5R--346x212.jpg

Cannavaro out
Buffon to take the armband
Massive loss

Kareem

taylor said:
France would be big favourites for that group now wouldn't they?
thats wat i am thinkin but i have a unique opinion ;)
Dont Italy still have Nesta and Materrazzi?

Aden

it would be  tough to pick a favourite in that group and whoever is  favourite  guaranteed its not by much

jarrad

Group A -
Switzerland
2)Czech Republic
1)Portugal
Turkey

Group B -
Austria
2)Croatia
1)Germany
Poland

Group C -
2)Holland
Italy
Romania
1)France

Group D -
Greece
2)Sweden
1)Spain
Russia

Quarter Finals -

Portugal - Croatia = Portugal (W)
Germany - Czech Republic = Germany (W)
France - Sweden = France (W)
Spain - Holland = Spain (W)

Semi Finals -
Portugal - Germany = Germany (W)
France - Spain = Spain (W)

Final -
Germany - Spain = Spain (W)

Yeah, i can tell the future. All bets on Spain to win. ;)

happy

DOn't know if you know this but Germany hasn't won one single match at any EURO since the victory in 1996...
I am quite confident that that will change this year but I don't think we will make it up  to the final...

jarrad

Lol, actually I didn't know that.. uh okay. lol
Well, I don't know, here's to hoping they
get lucky enough and make it. ;)

Arabmariner

Are Poland and Ukraine about to lose the host rights to Euro 2012?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7437379.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/7440929.stm

Off to the TAB now................COME ON YOU SPAIIIIIIIN WIN ME SOME MANDIES!! :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

marinermick

i'll go with the flow here and predict spain as euro champions

seems i pick argentina or spain in every tournment they are in and they always let me down

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
i'll go with the flow here and predict spain as euro champions

seems i pick argentina or spain in every tournment they are in and they always let me down
Better change my mind then! ;)

crooksey

Kareem said:
I am going for
1. France
2. Spain
3. Holland
I think Spain might be better then France- but they choke...never won a major tournamnet b4. Now would be a good time to start but I doubt it...but things looking good for both France and Spain- they are nurturing IMO a new golden era (bot won junior championships + France grooming Nasri, Benzema, Ben Arfa etc. and Spain grooming parejo, krkic, granero, merida, + Fabregas will be even better in 5 years).

thats all good and well but none of them are participating so doesn't really carry much relevance to anything EURO 08

that being said im all about Spain winning and Torres golden boot

Arabmariner

Just been up the TAB.The moneys on Spain! :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

After that I had $80.00 left in my pocket so I,ve gone for glory!

Turkey,Croatia,Romania and Russia all to qualify for the next round!!

Nearly 3 and a half grand if that lot comes up!! :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Lots of swearing and shouting at the telly coming up in the next couple of weeks! ;D

happy

My predictions are:

Group A: Portugal and Czech Republic will go to the quarterfinals
Group B: Germany and Croatia
Group C: Netherlands and France (hopefully not Italy...)
Group D: Sweden and Spain

Quarter finals:
Portugal vs. Croatia
Germany vs. Czech Republic
France vs. Sweden
Netherlands vs. Spain

Semi finals:
Czech Republic vs. Portugal
France vs. Spain

Final:
Portugal vs. Spain
There I am going for Portugal

Don't think it will come like that but it is just a try

happy

The first 2 matches are over:

Czech Republic won against Switzerland (1:0) in a match in which the host was the better team but had to suffer from an injury of its best striker after 44mins.

Portugal won 2:0 against Turkey. This was a very good match as Portugal hab about 10 clear chances to score.

crooksey

happy said:

Czech Republic won against Switzerland (1:0) in a match in which the host was the better team but had to suffer from an injury of its best striker after 44mins.

Portugal won 2:0 against Turkey. This was a very good match as Portugal hab about 10 clear chances to score.

that opening game was utter boring, the swiss dominated for no result. worst performance i've seen in a long time from the czechs, they really missed rosicky

Portugal looked very good last night completely carving the turks and could have had a much bigger win when you think they hit the post twice as well as the crossbar...perfect start for them and if they can keep up that level of performance they'll waltz through top of their group as predicted and i reckon will be on course to meet germany in the semis if they both finish top of group

happy

crooksey said:
happy said:

that opening game was utter boring, the swiss dominated for no result. worst performance i've seen in a long time from the czechs, they really missed rosicky

Portugal looked very good last night completely carving the turks and could have had a much bigger win when you think they hit the post twice as well as the crossbar...perfect start for them and if they can keep up that level of performance they'll waltz through top of their group as predicted and i reckon will be on course to meet germany in the semis if they both finish top of group

I personally don't think that we will make it to the semis. I think Germany quits in the quarter final...

happy

the 2nd day was nearly a copy of the 1st one.

Austria lost against Croatia 1:0 but was the better team, especially in the 2nd half.

Germany won 2:0 against a weak Poland. Polish born Podolski scored twice but it could have been 3:0 or 4:0 easily.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred