• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

EURO

scottmac

Suspended
$15 a month.

THEN,

A months lost wages,
cost of redoing your resume,
cost of alcohol (and what ever tickles your fancy) for the month,
Petrol to get to your new job interviews,
etc,etc,etc  :thumbup:

skilbeck

skilbeck said:
Without Ireland or Scotland Im going to have to back Portugal or maybe Italy

I decided now Poland is the team im backing. Underdog status. Plus the Holy Goalie is one of my favorite Celtic Players

loyalist

Kareem said:
I would personally classify the Euro's a major tournament
then by your standards they have won a major tournament
don't see why your bringing up the wc as it has nothing to do with the euro's
feel free to make a thread about spain being failures at that though

serious14

Quite frankly, whoever thinks that Euro isn't a major tournament (it's the third biggest sporting event on Earth behind the World Cup and the Olympics) is an idiot.  Bonafide, genuine, idiot.

Germany to win the whole thing and pocket me $500.  ;D

FFC Mariner

Serious, can you double up on Germany to scrape through their group with at least 2 0-0 draws, then fortuitious penalty wins for the rest of the comp??

Like they usually do.

Kareem

To CCYouth
sorry- my bad
:ashamed:
they won 1964. Still they havent achieved as much success as say France and that was my point. I swear hearing somewhere that they hadnt but just saw 1964 in Wiki. So my apologies!

bulldogmariner

Spain will win Euros i think they have the fire power to score enough goals with Torres and Villa up front and there defence is rock solid.
For outsiders look for Switzerland they only got eliminated from the world cup on penalties and before that they topped a group which included France who went onto the World Cup final. The will be playing at home and could make the Semi's at a nice price.
The Group of death will be fun to watch but i will say Italy and Holland will go through but it wouldnt supprise if Romania and France go through.

Arabmariner

bulldogmariner said:
Spain will win Euros i think they have the fire power to score enough goals with Torres and Villa up front and there defence is rock solid.
For outsiders look for Switzerland they only got eliminated from the world cup on penalties and before that they topped a group which included France who went onto the World Cup final. The will be playing at home and could make the Semi's at a nice price.
The Group of death will be fun to watch but i will say Italy and Holland will go through but it wouldnt supprise if Romania and France go through.
Spain for me aswell.Re the group of death......any two from four there but I fancy Italy(they always find a way) and Romania.Romania are my underdog...a good young side who finished on top of Holland in the qualifyers.I think the bookies have underated them because they are in that group.

Kareem

centralcoastyouth said:
i feel whoever wins the group of death will win the tournament
+1
i agree
but i cant believe every1 thinking Italy will got thru
i think France and Holland. Van Persie returning to fitness, Robben + Van Nistelrooy returning to form- looks only good to me.
and France- RIBERY!!! + Nasri and Benzema looking to make this their official entrance to the world stage IMO!

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
Serious, can you double up on Germany to scrape through their group with at least 2 0-0 draws, then fortuitious penalty wins for the rest of the comp??

Like they usually do.

Wouldn't have it any other way.  But what odds are you offering??  Tab Sportsbet is offering me $5 for ze Germans to win the whole thing, and that's pretty hard to pass up......  ;)

Sym

Holland..perform on a big stage..I'd love to see it
It can go anyway though really unpredictable
Last edition the Czechs were the standout team for most of the tournament

I can believe everyone saying Italy to go through.
I think they won some little competition called the world cup

Germany and France seem a good choice
Italy maybe
I dunno I dunno I dunno

Might just pick England
Oh wait a sec..

Hmm I dunno safest bet is on a European country..lol:D

Arabmariner

Kareem said:
centralcoastyouth said:
+1
i agree
i think France and Holland. Van Persie returning to fitness, Robben + Van Nistelrooy returning to form- looks only good to me.
and France- RIBERY!!! + Nasri and Benzema looking to make this their official entrance to the world stage IMO!
France??...............they lost to Scotland TWICE in the qualifyers.They only qualified because Scotland as usual f**ked up against Georgia and Italy when it really mattered.
Lithuenia were only 10 mins from pulling off a result in Paris as well.

Theres no doubt they,ve got a lot of talent but they are also a bunch of poseurs and cry babies who go missing when the going gets tough.

Kareem

Sym said:
I can believe everyone saying Italy to go through.
I think they won some little competition called the world cup
world cup means nothing on this arena...it doesnt give them a free pass. New coach- no Totti, Cannavaro is past it (and I say this as a madrid fan)- no gamebreakers in their squad (Totti IMO was)(look at other teams Spain- Fabregas, Torres, France- Henry, Ribery, Holland-VP, RVN, Sneijder, Germany- Ballack etc.).
I would see them normally at least to quarters but when i put them next to France and Holland I just dont know!
I think whoever wins btn Holland and Italy shall decide group (also mayb if Romania takes off any points).

Kareem

Arabmariner said:
Kareem said:
centralcoastyouth said:
+1
i agree
France??...............they lost to Scotland TWICE in the qualifyers.They only qualified because Scotland as usual f**ked up against Georgia and Italy when it really mattered.
Qualifiers mean nothing. Is England the 17th best team in Europe? NO! But they didnt qualify- just bad run of form for England just like France did (except France were fortunate enough to scrape thru). As far as I am concerned the qualifiers should and hopefully will be on the back of their minds

Arabmariner

Kareem said:
Arabmariner said:
Kareem said:
centralcoastyouth said:
+1
i agree
Is England the 17th best team in Europe? NO!
Correct.They,re worse than that!! :p

Aden

holland really need a full fit on form van persie . However i heard coach isnt gonna rush him into any games so maybe we can see him starting on the bench for a few of the  early  games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred