• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dukes - Maybe a Socceroo again

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
I've never subscribed to the "we hate Dukes club" but the fact is by the time of the WC he'll be nearly 35, well past his best,probably half fit and used to playing in a cold climate.

Then he's supposed to waltz into a side that qualified without him and perform miracles in hot weather.

Get a grip Pim.

you do realise that it will be winter in south africa during the world cup right?
Yes I did think about that.

It's still a lot warmer than what he's used to.Especially for an unfit 35 year old.

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
I've never subscribed to the "we hate Dukes club" but the fact is by the time of the WC he'll be nearly 35, well past his best,probably half fit and used to playing in a cold climate.

Then he's supposed to waltz into a side that qualified without him and perform miracles in hot weather.

Get a grip Pim.

you do realise that it will be winter in south africa during the world cup right?

It's still a lot warmer than what he's used to.Especially for an unfit 35 year old.

south africa gets pretty damned cold in winter, especially when a southerly hits

i do not think heat will be an issue at all

scottmac

Suspended
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:

Get a grip Pim.

south africa gets pretty damned cold in winter, especially when a southerly hits

2781-0-0-0_1627132.gif

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:

Get a grip Pim.

KO times will make a big difference especially to teams from colder climates.

In could be 4 degrees or 24 degrees depending when ko is.

clarence

Arabmariner said:

Get a grip Pim.

I tend to agree mostly with this comment, but not about the weather aspect. Would seem an almost ideal climate for Football in SA during winter.

There has to be a line drawn about players making comebacks. Viduka did have the second half of the EPL season to prove his fitness and get back into the groove.

I don't think he achieved that & I don't think it was only money or a clause in his contract that led Newcastle to let him go either, once they were relegated. In a lower League, they probably couldn't afford the luxury of a player up to the level of performance that Viduka would offer to them.

Now, if he had recovered from injuries and was blasting goals in and playing with a massive amount of commitment you'd be almost inclined to overlook him sitting out the qualifiers and bring him in for the WC as his experience will be needed up front.

There's only so many times that attacking midfielders can save the team's ass, we do need strikers who can get into position and snap the goals too.

midfielder

HMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25900159-5014539,00.html

Mark Viduka's agent says he still wants to play for Socceroos

August 09, 2009

Striker Mark Viduka still wants to play for Australia, his agent says.

Despite a two-year absence from the national side, the former Socceroos captain was keen to make a comeback, agent Steve Kutner said.

But Viduka's priority will be to have an injury-free season with a new club, which looks likely to be English Premier League side Portsmouth.

"He's still keen to play again for the Australia national team, and hopefully we'll bring things to a conclusion soon so he can get back on the pitch again," Kutner told the Portsmouth News.

A report on the newspaper's website said Viduka, 33, wanted a two-year contract and $80,000 a week to sign for Portsmouth, which had offered a weekly salary of $60,000.

"There are a few things which need to be sorted out before a deal is agreed, it could take some time yet," Kutner said.

"Portsmouth is still the most likely outcome but nothing is agreed yet and there could be quite a way to go before anything is sorted out.

"Mark is always relaxed about everything. He's away at the moment and will come back when things are sorted."

Viduka, who is on holiday in Greece, was plagued by injury during his time at relegated Newcastle United, where his contract ended at the conclusion of last season.

The Premier League kicks off again on Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred