• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dukes - Maybe a Socceroo again

dru

dibo said:
Jones knows from close quarters what a ball looks like hitting the back of the net, so sure, why not? :p

Especially when it is a high pressure game like a derby for survival.  ;)

tuftman

Jocwa08 said:
with a few games left and australia certain to make it,
do you think we should be tying down aussies for life
Dean Bouzanis, Rhys Williams, Inman Bradden, Shane Lowry
Paul Gianou, Richard Porta ??

Dunno about the rest, but Dean Bouzanis has declared himself for Australia

Sean

It also seems that out of all of those names listed, there are a few who have come out to the media (maybe all?) and just sounding like theyre using their passport as a bargaining chip to get a show with the 'roos and ultimately more attention with clubs, more dollars, so on and so forth. I dont know if I like that more than Viduka's "I will play when I want to" ethos. or will the same thing occur with these players if we did cap them?

FFC Mariner

These wogballers arent real Australians anyway.

Did they bleed at Eureka stockade? Do they like Alan Jones and reading the Tele? No. They just want to come over here and take the jobs we dont want to do and sell us greasy food.

I bet they dont even approve of abusing young women as part of a team bonding exercise

Sacko

FFC Mariner said:
These wogballers arent real Australians anyway.

Did they bleed at Eureka stockade? Do they like Alan Jones and reading the Tele? No. They just want to come over here and take the jobs we dont want to do and sell us greasy food.

I bet they dont even approve of abusing young women as part of a team bonding exercise

:postcount:  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :piralaugh:

Redline

I've never liked Dukes. Ever. Incredibly over rated IMO. He's old...we need to blood our youngsters, ge them settled, and give more field time to the new generation...scotty mac, jesus, cahill etc.

I'm also of the opinion we need to blood a new keeper, and put Schwarzer on the bench.

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
Do you know what I, and many others on here (and all the other teams forums, and in the junior ranks, and in the State Leagues, etc.) would do to earn but _one_ cap for the National Team??
Problem being your probably.... no, definitely shite and dont have the skill present in one of Vidukas pubic hairs

serious14 said:
  And just how much it would mean to us and how much we would cherish it for the rest of forever??

Are you saying that he doesn't? The guy who had made his mind up to retire before the asian cup only to forge on when he saw his son in an aussie shirt?

serious14 said:
And then to have this lardarse demean it with "oh, I'll play when I want, not when I'm called upon",

Would that make Kewell an emaressment to the shirt too? Shit, half the side would have at one stage not wanted to come back and play thailand or singapore or fiji.

serious14 said:
i). Jesus is far better at holding up the ball and headers than Dukes ever was

Wrong, your just making shit up now.

serious14 said:
ii). Cahill, Bresciano, and Kewell have a _really_ good thing going on where they play off Kennedy, who isn't half bad with his feet either

I will pay that, but Viduka would provide more for these guys. No matter how much you dont like it, if he is available he will be there. unless something has changed and your now the expert who picks our national team? I mean come on, show me one football expert who would say Viduka is not needed if available. (other than you of course)

tuftman

scottmac said:
serious14 said:
Do you know what I, and many others on here (and all the other teams forums, and in the junior ranks, and in the State Leagues, etc.) would do to earn but _one_ cap for the National Team??
Problem being your probably.... no, definitely shite and dont have the skill present in one of Vidukas pubic hairs

serious14 said:
  And just how much it would mean to us and how much we would cherish it for the rest of forever??

Are you saying that he doesn't? The guy who had made his mind up to retire before the asian cup only to forge on when he saw his son in an aussie shirt?

serious14 said:
And then to have this lardarse demean it with "oh, I'll play when I want, not when I'm called upon",

Would that make Kewell an emaressment to the shirt too? Shit, half the side would have at one stage not wanted to come back and play thailand or singapore or fiji.

serious14 said:
i). Jesus is far better at holding up the ball and headers than Dukes ever was

Wrong, your just making shit up now.

serious14 said:
ii). Cahill, Bresciano, and Kewell have a _really_ good thing going on where they play off Kennedy, who isn't half bad with his feet either

I will pay that, but Viduka would provide more for these guys. No matter how much you dont like it, if he is available he will be there. unless something has changed and your now the expert who picks our national team? I mean come on, show me one football expert who would say Viduka is not needed if available. (other than you of course)

GET THE TANK!

serious14

scottmac said:
serious14 said:

At what point did I ever profess to having any skill on the field what-so-ever??  Don't let your love for a player spill over into an unwarranted personal attack for no reason other than...... well, I don't quite understand your reason.  Please to be explaining??

And I also put forward my argument for why the others can be forgiven for the missing of the Oceania games.  Nice to see you didn't read it.

"Wrong, your just making shit up now." - I LOVE how solid that argument is..... care to elaborate??  I might be fired up about this particular issue but at least I take the time to sit down and outline what I feel is wrong with this whole situation in a calm and rational manner - you've just flown off the handle for no other reason than............ no, really, why the Cronaldo crybaby hissyfit??

We are a point away from the World Cup, have a solid starting XI downpat with an alternative XI (formations included) available for away games - why change that now to accomodate someone who is not only lazy, but who's heart is not in it and hasn't been for a couple of years now??  PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE NATIONAL TEAM WOULD BENEFIT FROM HIS UN-NEEDED AND UNWARRANTED RETURN??

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
scottmac said:
serious14 said:

At what point did I ever profess to having any skill on the field what-so-ever??  Don't let your love for a player spill over into an unwarranted personal attack for no reason other than...... well, I don't quite understand your reason.  Please to be explaining??

And I also put forward my argument for why the others can be forgiven for the missing of the Oceania games.  Nice to see you didn't read it.

"Wrong, your just making shit up now." - I LOVE how solid that argument is..... care to elaborate??   I might be fired up about this particular issue but at least I take the time to sit down and outline what I feel is wrong with this whole situation in a calm and rational manner - you've just flown off the handle for no other reason than............ no, really, why the Cronaldo crybaby hissyfit??

We are a point away from the World Cup, have a solid starting XI downpat with an alternative XI (formations included) available for away games - why change that now to accomodate someone who is not only lazy, but who's heart is not in it and hasn't been for a couple of years now??  PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE NATIONAL TEAM WOULD BENEFIT FROM HIS UN-NEEDED AND UNWARRANTED RETURN??

you said, Do you know what I would do to earn but _one_ cap for the National Team?? I mearly pointed out that it doesn't matter what you would do cause it aint gonna happen. Same for most of the state league players running around. So who cares what you would do.

I saw your reason for one game the 31 -0 drubbing. Does that "excuse" also cover Viduka?

I dont see a hissy fit. When jesus makes even a hundreth of the impact Viduka has made on Australian football, not just national team scoring, then you may have an argument.

If you were looking at this in a rational manner then you could admit that in no reality other than your own is jesus even half the player Viduka was.

Don't let your hatred for a player get in the way of fact. Unneeded and unwarrented by you, not the national coach. In fact i dont think i have heard any one say Viduka should not be brought back if available. Your opinion Serious is not fact.

serious14

scottmac said:
serious14 said:
scottmac said:
serious14 said:

"Wrong, your just making shit up now." - I LOVE how solid that argument is..... care to elaborate??  I might be fired up about this particular issue but at least I take the time to sit down and outline what I feel is wrong with this whole situation in a calm and rational manner - you've just flown off the handle for no other reason than............ no, really, why the Cronaldo crybaby hissyfit??

you said, Do you know what I would do to earn but _one_ cap for the National Team?? I mearly pointed out that it doesn't matter what you would do cause it aint gonna happen. Same for most of the state league players running around. So who cares what you would do.

I saw your reason for one game the 31 -0 drubbing. Does that "excuse" also cover Viduka?

I dont see a hissy fit. When jesus makes even a hundreth of the impact Viduka has made on Australian football, not just national team scoring, then you may have an argument.

If you were looking at this in a rational manner then you could admit that in no reality other than your own is jesus even half the player Viduka was.

Don't let your hatred for a player get in the way of fact. Unneeded and unwarrented by you, not the national coach. In fact i dont think i have heard any one say Viduka should not be brought back if available. Your opinion Serious is not fact.

You're misunderstanding my point..... I'm saying it is beyond insulting to any player who would bleed and kill to wear that jersey just once to hear Viduka pull the whole "I'l pay when I want" routine.  It is the ultimate honor in and pinnacle of Australian football, so to me personally and a _lot_ of others, his attitude is nothing short of arrogant.

And yes, the Oceania games reasoning did excuse Viduka. And I said that covered all the games, not just the 31-0.  Do you even read these things or do you just skim over and do a Daily Telegraph, i.e.  pick out the points that make what you think to be a good argument??

And do pray tell, what lasting impact has Viduka made on Australian football??  And what does that even have to do with my original argument anyway??  I'm talking about the current (2009) national team.  What does anyone care if he was nice to some kids at a kickaround clinic in 2002 or banged in 4 goals against Liverpool (so did Arshavin, does that make him the single greatest Russian player ever with the most lasting impact??)........ I'm interested in what he can bring to the team _HERE AND NOW_.  And that answer is nothing.  He has been out of the setup that long that his reintroduction would be nothing but disruptive.  We have a system that works for our current requirements, so why change it??  He quite infamously does not get along with Arnoldout, so there's another point of contention.

No goals all season either...... that's exactly what the 'Roos need right now - a chronic sick-not who can't score.  Assess him as he stands right now, in 2009, not as he was a couple of years ago before he turned shit.  One good game for a club battling relegation after he's been out for half a year and you're ready to throw him back into the starting XI of our national team no questions asked??  _REALLY_??  WHAT sense is there in that??  Especially when Kennedy has been on fire??

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
You're misunderstanding my point..... I'm saying it is beyond insulting to any player who would bleed and kill to wear that jersey just once to hear Viduka pull the whole "I'l pay when I want" routine.  It is the ultimate honor in and pinnacle of Australian football, so to me personally and a _lot_ of others, his attitude is nothing short of arrogant.

And yes, the Oceania games reasoning did excuse Viduka. And I said that covered all the games, not just the 31-0.   Do you even read these things or do you just skim over and do a Daily Telegraph, i.e.  pick out the points that make what you think to be a good argument??

And do pray tell, what lasting impact has Viduka made on Australian football??   And what does that even have to do with my original argument anyway??  I'm talking about the current (2009) national team.  What does anyone care if he was nice to some kids at a kickaround clinic in 2002 or banged in 4 goals against Liverpool (so did Arshavin, does that make him the single greatest Russian player ever with the most lasting impact??)........ I'm interested in what he can bring to the team _HERE AND NOW_.  And that answer is nothing.  He has been out of the setup that long that his reintroduction would be nothing but disruptive.  We have a system that works for our current requirements, so why change it??  He quite infamously does not get along with Arnoldout, so there's another point of contention.

No goals all season either...... that's exactly what the 'Roos need right now - a chronic sick-not who can't score.  Assess him as he stands right now, in 2009, not as he was a couple of years ago before he turned shit.  One good game for a club battling relegation after he's been out for half a year and you're ready to throw him back into the starting XI of our national team no questions asked??   _REALLY_??   WHAT sense is there in that??   Especially when Kennedy has been on fire??

Who says it would be disruptive? You. Who says he would bring nothing to the team? You. If your so right, why then do the people that matter when it comes to squad selection keep talking about Viduka coming back, and chasing him down to be a part of the NT? Either their missing something or your letting your personal opinion cloud the fact he would be of value to us.

And as for Kennedy who has he been on fire for? The socceroos? A few games here and there where he gets on the end of a cross and heads one in? Hardly on fire. He can not even tie down a regular starting spot for his club side.

bjw

bjw
Jcxz47n1olvsuqvjuwQX9VkAo1_500.jpg

;D

Jocwa08

Redline said:
I've never liked Dukes. Ever. Incredibly over rated IMO. He's old...we need to blood our youngsters, ge them settled, and give more field time to the new generation...scotty mac, jesus, cahill etc.

I'm also of the opinion we need to blood a new keeper, and put Schwarzer on the bench.

WTF!! WHY!!?? Schwarzer has saved aussies too many times, i wouldnt give him up for anyone

blakus

dukes was great in his day but i think he needs to be left in the pastures where he currently is.

serious14

Now that performance last night - that was vintage Viduka..... i.e.  utterly heartless shite.  And he got substituted.  ROFL.

FFC Mariner

And is now sucking up to Shearer so he gets a gig at his true level now (CCC).

One last payday in UK before he comes back and does a Mrdja to the Melb Heart.

LOL @ Mrdja and Viduka as the dream strike force for Melb HEART BTW

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred