• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dukes - Maybe a Socceroo again

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
Now that performance last night - that was vintage Viduka..... i.e.  utterly heartless shite.  And he got substituted.  ROFL.

Didnt watch it, too busy watching the toffees. But did notice he was able to knock one in off his head.(dissallowed) Must then mean he is on fire?

Jerem

im also in the get f***ed corner,
need we remember how bad he is at the spot kicks (granted cahill had a shocker in the
FA cup, but has a scoring record far beyond dukes)
November 05 springs to mind, we have done adequately with out him
and i believe pim just needs to work out his best lineup and positions, and
his services wont be needed. . . .

serious14

scottmac said:
serious14 said:
Now that performance last night - that was vintage Viduka..... i.e.  utterly heartless shite.  And he got substituted.  ROFL.

Didnt watch it, too busy watching the toffees. But did notice he was able to knock one in off his head.(dissallowed) Must then mean he is on fire?

Pretty easy to score when the keeper's being held back.  But don't let that detract from your 'argument'. 

Andrew - you wouldn't wish Mrjda and Viduka as a front two on anyone, surely??  That's just cruel.....

FFC Mariner

Actually, he didnt "score". The whistle had already gone for nolans shirt pull on the keeper.

What he had was a free header as the defence stopped.

Sean

Viduka out of Qatar qualifier
Ray Gatt

MARK Viduka won't be part of the Socceroos squad to play Qatar in a World Cup qualifier next month and his distinguished career as an international player could be over.

While national coach Pim Verbeek will leave the door open to the big striker when he names an extended 30-man squad for the final three qualifiers against Qatar in Doha on June 7, Bahrain in Sydney on June 10 and Japan in Melbourne on June 17, it appears unlikely he will take up the offer.

It is believed Viduka, who is considering his options after Newcastle United was relegated from the English Premier League to The Championship, is not keen to be involved in the Qatar match.

And his international and club future beyond that remains up in the air.

An insider said yesterday he wasn't sure whether Viduka wants to play at all next year.

``He has issues with his weight and I don't know whether he has the burning desire any more,'' he said.

That news comes on top of a suggestion Viduka won't finish his career in the A-League after he confided he is wary of putting himself through the same pain and drama that engulfed John Aloisi last season.

Viduka admitted recently to Perth Glory coach David Mitchell that he had watched with disappointment the developments which saw Aloisi jeered, abused and berated by fans and criticised by the media after failing to produce the goals expected of him in his first season with Sydney FC.

A $2.8million marquee signing, the former Socceroo striker struggled with injury and form and managed just two goals in 16 matches as Sydney missed out on the finals.

A shattered and devastated Aloisi was eventually relegated to the bench amid calls for Sydney to cancel his contract.

Mitchell spoke to Viduka in Newcastle last month and said the striker had mentioned what had happened to his World Cup teammate.

``At the back of his mind is the fact that so much would be expected of him and if he did not produce he would cop the same treatment as John.''

He said he would not be surprised if Viduka stayed with Newcastle to try to help it get back to the Premier League.

``I know a few of the coaches there and they have a huge regard for Mark ... they believe he has been one of the best players to come to the club,'' Mitchell said.

``I don't think he'll come back to Australia to play.''

serious14

Sean Francis Lacy said:
MARK Viduka won't be part of the Socceroos squad to play Qatar in a World Cup qualifier next month and his distinguished career as an international player could be over.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

"Not keen to be involved in the Qatar match".  What an utter, utter c**t.  F*ck the f*ck off you utter, utter waste of space.  F*ck you.  :naughty: :fireup:

Sean

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_5340866,00.html

"A hungry man is an angry man," Jimmy Cliff once sang.

And Mark Viduka is hungry. He's at his most dangerous when he's hungry, and I'm not just talking about the perils of pushing in front of him in the queue at the Newcastle canteen.

Like Jimmy, Mark wants His Piece Of The Pie (ideally chicken and mushroom, with a lasagne thrown in and a few chips if they're ready) - and that could be bad news for Hull, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.

History has taught us that there are two Mark Vidukas: the fat knacker who huffs and puffs around the pitch apparently not giving a toss; and the fat knacker who huffs and puffs around the pitch but has a superb first touch, shoots like a rocket, wins everything in the air, has the vision and skill to get past people and the brain to get into scoring positions.

It is sometimes said of players or teams that "you don't know which one's going to turn up". With Mark, well...you kinda do. The popular perception is that it depends if he's coming to the end of a contract.

Interviewed on Football Focus before the Fulham game, when it was put to Mark that, "You're playing for a contract - as well as survival", he did this weird sort of smirking, snarling thing with his upper lip. Based on a scientific study, this probably means that he was suppressing his contempt for the question, or that he'd got a bit of chicken pie stuck in his teeth.

"Whether it's for Newcastle, or some other club, I'm happy to play," was the gist of Mark's answer. And indeed he probably is. Newcastle, Boro, whatever. It's all gravy to Mark.

Football fans seem to have a strange relationship with the idea of a footballer 'playing for a contract'. On the one hand, we hear "50 grand a week, and he's not even trying", but then when a bloke really tries his best in order to earn himself his 50 grand, he's decried as some sort of mercenary. Admittedly, he's only really trying his best at times when he feels the performances matter most, i.e. towards the end of the season. But, then again, that is when they do matter most. A Mark Viduka goal against Aston Villa this Sunday will be worth bloody millions.

The West Indian cricket captain, Chris Gayle, recently expressed the view that all this playing cricket for the West Indies was frankly hard, unrewarding graft and he would be better off as a freelancer picking up a day's work Twenty20ing as and when he fancied. You feel that this would appeal very much to Mark: like Chris, he is an established performer in the twilight of his career who is not going to get any better with coaching, nor does he need any "come on lads, 'up and at 'em" Henry V shite from the gaffer. He knows what he's about and, on his day, he can be great.

Is it worth having Mark around for a whole season, tweaking this and niggling that, blocking the path of a young talent into the club (not literally, he's not that fat)? No. He would be ideally suited as a self-employed footballer.

Perhaps this is the way the game should go: it is obviously untenable for most clubs to keep spending a fortune on having people sitting round the place. Let Mark 'play for his contract' several times a season - perhaps three games for Newcastle, then four at Hull, maybe Wigan for the Easter period. You might argue that the richer clubs will just buy up all the best players and stop their poorer rivals getting their hands on them. But that's happening anyway, and at least this way, players would be trying their hardest all the time.

FFC Mariner

Lazy fat tosser is out - good we can all marvel at the silky skills and sublime finishing of Scotty Mac.

D'oh

Kareem

From the chat section of the 442 website
ljubo milicevic said:
VIDUKA! Simply the best footballer to ever come out of this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

end of discussion surely :p

Kareem

hmmm...i am starting to rethink Viduka proposition
we are light on strikers, and an injury to 'star striker' (eg. like for Egypt)- then you are aimless in attack, although tbh we are like that sometimes as is :p
+ we have Kewell + Cahill who can take pressure off strikers, we (australia) are lucky to have 2 players like them ;)

But selecting him may send out a negative message?
Its ok to dissrespect your country?

Jesus

Jesus
What negative message? He does not want to play while he does not have the hunger? I would have thought that was a good thing.

If dukes wants it there is years of daylight between him and our next best strikers. If he doesnt he wont put his hand up.

Kareem

ok...fair enough pint
What I meant was
we had 30-40 other people work hard for our qualification, Viduka was missing for every single game of the campaign...if he walks into the squad, its a bit unfair

why cant other high profile players do the same (even if Viduka's intentions are noble, which I am sceptical of). Luckily playes like Cahill, Schwarzer + Kewell hove an unbelievable love for the shirt...but you need your players committed
See African players in relation to WCQ
McCarthy for South Africa
Jon Obi Mikel (and a fellow countryman, dont remember who)
Zidan (back in 06 qualifying)- although later agreed to be a misunderstanding I believe
etc.

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
ok...fair enough pint
What I meant was
we had 30-40 other people work hard for our qualification, Viduka was missing for every single game of the campaign...if he walks into the squad, its a bit unfair

why cant other high profile players do the same (even if Viduka's intentions are noble, which I am sceptical of). Luckily playes like Cahill, Schwarzer + Kewell hove an unbelievable love for the shirt...but you need your players committed
See African players in relation to WCQ
McCarthy for South Africa
Jon Obi Mikel (and a fellow countryman, dont remember who)
Zidan (back in 06 qualifying)- although later agreed to be a misunderstanding I believe
etc.

There is now enough competition for places, and enough want for places to not have to worry about players like kewell not stepping in until the olympics. There are only 2 places on the field where that is not the case. The top and the bottom.

At the top jesus and macca have been ok, but neither has put a mark down for the spot. Djite etc will need a good year with lots of game time to even knock them out.

The goals though we have options, Marks experience is great and he is at the top of his game.

If kewell decided not to play he would give carle/bres/holman/sterj/cahill/culina etc a chance to take his spot. If anyone else in the team wants their spot they have to hold onto it so as the dont have to dislodge the incumbant.

Pl;ayers now care about that because they can go to the world cup, something which was not on offer really for 20 odd years.

Kewell could probably sneak in like dukes and mark. But only because he is that notch above.

If we had players who were serious contenders for dukes, then no one would be mentioning dukes. No one would be asking him if he wanted to come back. Dukes would be forced to ring pim and say "i want to be considered for the team, i want to work my way back". And pim could say "you have to earn it".

serious14

Jesus said:
If dukes wants it there is years of daylight between him and our next best strikers.

Do the pro-Dukes people see something I don't??  Please, try and explain it to me, 'cause I just don't get it..... Pim's 4-2-3-1 isn't the place for lazy lard-arses to stand around and hope the ball gets kicked to them.  Kennedy may not win the ball 100% of the time, but he works his arse off to get it back.

marinermick

serious14 said:
Jesus said:
If dukes wants it there is years of daylight between him and our next best strikers.

Do the pro-Dukes people see something I don't??   Please, try and explain it to me, 'cause I just don't get it..... Pim's 4-2-3-1 isn't the place for lazy lard-arses to stand around and hope the ball gets kicked to them.  Kennedy may not win the ball 100% of the time, but he works his arse off to get it back.

Pim's system requires someone to effectively hold the ball up in attack in order to get support from the midfield. No one in the current socceroos squad, including Kennedy, is able to do this.

It doesn't take a huge workrate but rather the right runs, a huge arse for holding defenders back, close ball skills and good at distribution. All these abilities Viduka has in multitudes.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
Jesus said:

Do the pro-Dukes people see something I don't??   Please, try and explain it to me, 'cause I just don't get it..... Pim's 4-2-3-1 isn't the place for lazy lard-arses to stand around and hope the ball gets kicked to them.  Kennedy may not win the ball 100% of the time, but he works his arse off to get it back.

Pim's system requires someone to effectively hold the ball up in attack in order to get support from the midfield. No one in the current socceroos squad, including Kennedy, is able to do this.

It doesn't take a huge workrate but rather the right runs, a huge arse for holding defenders back, close ball skills and good at distribution. All these abilities Viduka has in multitudes.

+1, but he needs to decide now if he wants to be a part of the team, not in 6 months time.  That means getting fitter, staying injury free as far as possible, and getting lots of game time. Going to Turkey did wonders for Harry.

Jesus

Jesus
Jazzie said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
Jesus said:

+1, but he needs to decide now if he wants to be a part of the team, not in 6 months time.  That means getting fitter, staying injury free as far as possible, and getting lots of game time. Going to Turkey did wonders for Harry.

If he decides to play on he will either be fit or injured. I dont think he needs to decide now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred