• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dukes - Maybe a Socceroo again

midfielder

IMO should be picked on form only ... but if fit and in form a great boost to the side.

No other striker can play that back to the goal and lay balls off like Duke ... he and Scotty Mac could be a lethal combination....

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/socceroos/viduka-in-socceroos-frame--187396/

A reborn Mark Viduka is set to return to the Socceroos squad for Super June with Australias assistant coach Henk Duut confirming the long absence of the former skipper could soon to be over.

FFC Mariner

I found a replacement for Scotty Mac if he isnt fit

carbonrod29ty.gif

serious14

midfielder said:
the long absence of the laziest c*nt ever to pull on a Socceroos jersey could soon be over

If this mercenary shithead is expecting a warm welcome in Sydney against Bahrain, he is _sorely_ mistaken.

F*ck off.

:naughty: :naughty: :vomit: :vomit: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :redcard:

midfielder

serious14 said:
midfielder said:
the long absence of the laziest c*nt ever to pull on a Socceroos jersey could soon to be over

If this mercenary shithead is expecting a warm welcome in Sydney against Bahrain, he is _sorely_ mistaken.

F*ck off.

:naughty: :naughty: :vomit: :vomit: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :redcard:

IMO one of the best players we have ever produced and has been on the side lines for the best part of 18 months with Newcastle ... but in form he is a class above all the other strikers we have.

serious14

midfielder said:
IMO one of the best players we have ever produced

*blank stare*  Fair enough, each to their own..... but _really_?? 

Kewell??  Cahill??  Yankos??  Warren??  Baartz??  Tobin??

Not to mention we've done just fine without him thus far.

tuftman

I wouldn't want him in the squad, we've gotten this far without him. He's proved he isn't committed to the national team by not playing for the best part of 3 years, and his scoring record is ordinary and he's injured more then he's fit these days. Give Kennedy time to grow into the role, and perhaps give him Cahill and Kewell to play with and we'll be fine. So thanks Mark, but no thanks

midfielder

serious14 said:
midfielder said:

*blank stare*   Fair enough, each to their own..... but _really_?? 

Kewell??  Cahill??  Yankos??  Warren??  Baartz??   Tobin??

Duke & Baartz would be my two strikers in an all Australian team as I said in http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=2580.0

But again here is my all time pick for the Socceroos

Bosnich-
Neill (capt)- Zelic   Joe Marston - Harry Williams
-Cahill-Okon CrinoKewell
BaartzDukes

Bench
Goal Keeper: Schwarzer
Strikers: Abonyi, Fraina
Mids: Griller, Johnston
Backs: Tobin , Moore

Coach Guus Hiddink

Jocwa08

with a few games left and australia certain to make it,
do you think we should be tying down aussies for life
Dean Bouzanis, Rhys Williams, Inman Bradden, Shane Lowry
Paul Gianou, Richard Porta ??

dibo

serious14 said:
midfielder said:

*blank stare*   Fair enough, each to their own..... but _really_?? 

Kewell??  Cahill??  Yankos??  Warren??  Baartz??   Tobin??

^^^

wot he said, innit.

midfielder

Serious & Dibo

So you don't rate him as one of our best ever... He has done what wrong .. opps sorry after the Asian Cup and with heaps of injuries he says I cannot come to every match and for that honesty ... you say what, he is uncaring, does no respect the shirt...

People often had a go at Kool for saying I won't come to play the island nations but will be there for the important ones... Many had a go at him... he was at the time  getting flogged to death by O'Leary and at Leeds he was the most marked player playing heaps of games each year ..  finally his body broke down and it took what four years to recover and he was right all along ... so is Dukes he has worn the shirt with pride and captained the side.. He has had almost two years of injury and has been always honest and upfront ........ cannot understand the bile you guys have said about him.. (Serious in particular "the long absence of the laziest c*nt ever to pull on a Socceroos jersey")

Sean

midfielder said:
IMO should be picked on form only ... but if fit and in form a great boost to the side.

No other striker can play that back to the goal and lay balls off like Duke ... he and Scotty Mac could be a lethal combination....

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/socceroos/viduka-in-socceroos-frame--187396/

A reborn Mark Viduka is set to return to the Socceroos squad for Super June with Australias assistant coach Henk Duut confirming the long absence of the former skipper could soon to be over.

He must have grown a heart or stolen one from shearer because he has four.

That or a succesful athroscopy on his heartilage.

midfielder

I will stand my ground that Duke is one of the best players we have ever produced and in in my first eleven all time side.

Aside from the past 18 months I think Duke was one of the players that always put up his hand.

Each to his own as someone told me earlier ... but ... in form he is in a class above any other striker we have. Australias best strikers IMO as I posted above are Baartz, Dukes, on the park, with Abonyi, Fraina on the bench.

dibo

at club level he's been terrific, but it's never really translated for his country. this contrasts to kewell (please stop writing kool - even the daily telegraph got over that about 10 years ago!) who has often been rubbish or simply chronically injured at his clubs but when he's turned out in gold he's typically done very well.

i don't think there's any reason to bring dukes back into the setup. we've got a big bloke who can play the target/setup man and who can score some goals himself already, jesus is his name. he hasn't been going gangbusters at karlsruher but at least he's seen something other than a treatment table in the last two years. he's also generally done pretty well in gold, which contrasts to the mascot of the gallowgate piemakers.

dru

The thing is after playing 4 games for the geordies there is no certainty that he is fit and it's not like he is scoring goals for them anyway. (he musn't be up for a new contract, it is the only times he becomes a prolific scorer)

Anyway I'd rather see Brad Jones given a run up front before Viduka gets a gig.

dibo

Jones knows from close quarters what a ball looks like hitting the back of the net, so sure, why not? :p

serious14

midfielder said:
Serious & Dibo

So you don't rate him as one of our best ever... He has done what wrong .. opps sorry after the Asian Cup and with heaps of injuries he says I cannot come to every match and for that honesty ... you say what, he is uncaring, does no respect the shirt...

Do you know what I, and many others on here (and all the other teams forums, and in the junior ranks, and in the State Leagues, etc.) would do to earn but _one_ cap for the National Team??  And just how much it would mean to us and how much we would cherish it for the rest of forever??  And then to have this lardarse demean it with "oh, I'll play when I want, not when I'm called upon", especially when his performances on the field for the 'Roos for the last couple of years were nothing short of "kick it to me, don't make me run for it - oh, and let me be the penalty taker"..... this isn't Oceania any more.  Every game means something, and we need our strongest and most commited XI for _every one_ of these games, because we can't take any for granted.  See our 2-0 loss to Kuwait in Kuwait, the 1-0 loss to Iraq in Jordan, or the 1-0 win over Bahrain that we _scraped_ at the last minute.  The last thing we need is a lazy plod up front who will bring nothing to the setup.... you know why??

i). Jesus is far better at holding up the ball and headers than Dukes ever was
ii). Cahill, Bresciano, and Kewell have a _really_ good thing going on where they play off Kennedy, who isn't half bad with his feet either
iii). It's not always pretty under Pim, but we've got that "hard work" thing going on - do you think Dukes would fit well in that system??

Re: Kewell and the islander games - I seem to recall a lot of players not playing in them, and the simple answer is "they were not needed".  What benefit would anyone have gained from our strongest XI playing in that 31-0 game against American Samoa, or the various shellackings of Vanuatu and the Cook Islands and such??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred