• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Con threatens Timmy V

marinersman

keensy said:
marinersman said:
Thanks for your reply keensy. Lots of love back.

On a serious note, if my young bloke misses the game on Sunday, I'm going to pop into the Kendall and meet a few of you blokes. You going to be there? I'll glady buy you a beer.
due to my christian faith i do not consume beer, tis the devils drink. :naughty:

I was trying to be nice keensy, I should have known better. Sorry about that.

Please resume you're sarcastic duties. It is much appreciated by all and sundry etc etc

Paolo

dibo said:
keensy said:
BBB - Dinamo Zagreb
25.jpg

erm... that's just croatian football. they don't exactly get big crowds over there.
they dont exactly get big crowds in any other part of the ground...which is why the ultras have such control of the clubs
Can usually expect to see this
dinamozagreb0tu.png

dibo

bollocks. their average crowds are somewhere in the order of 7k. the mariners have more week to week supporters than them. they *sometimes* pull big crowds for their matches against hajduk split, but not even always then. i think they had a derby this year that only pulled 10k or so. we got a bigger crowd to see qld the other week.

their support is far better organised and far louder than us*, but frankly at times a high school swimming carnival is louder than us.

* and full of far right nutjobs who would probably be more appealing *after* being beaten about the head and body with iron bars...

furns

MrCelery said:
4zamariners said:
MrCelery said:
furns said:
The league die-hards are having a field day on The Herald - yet funnily enough the poll says 72% of people disagreed "The Squadron went too far with their displays of disappointment...."

The problem with the Squadrunts protest was that it had no class.
So all football fans around the world that protest by hanging their banners upside down have no class?
Better tell most european nations then as i think they must have missed the memo

Er, methinks you are not fully aware of what the protest entailed.  ::) Tell me, do most european nations supporters run around during the game looking for a Bay to hide in, and wear white knotted handkerchiefs on their head like a 1950's Pommy at a summer camp? Do they meekly front up to a nob like Con and cop a barrage of abuse and then go "Oh diddums, I've been insulted" to the press?  :'(

Upside down banners was but a small part of the protest. The total mix was a big embarrassment for most Jets supporters at the ground.
errr methinks YOU have no idea of what the protest entailed.
The banners were upside down was the MAJOR part of the protest. Many worldwide examples but keensy has done a good enough job of posting some.
The white hankies were waved pre-match - also as protest. Barcelona use this method.
Banners were ripped down to a chorus of boos, once we received word we marched from the supporters bays in protest at being censored. Again examples of deserting the supporters bays has been illustrated by keensys pics.
Timmy was called to come up to see Con, we were under the mistaken impression that we would receive some sort of explanation as to why he had taken down the banners. One of the guys walked out after about 30 seconds, the rest of us decided to stay to try to explain but weren't allowed to get a word in edgewise. We ended up getting frustrated about not being allowed to explain ourselves and left.
Boz posted the original thread to clarify to people that were going on hearsay as to what happened, I decided to write an article for our front page that detailed what happened before any false stories started to circulate.
And for the record we didnt go to the press - they came to us.

Any other questions? And with regards to your "class" comment, why would we care what you think? Would you rather we have stormed NBN - AC ultraz style? Threw a few burning vespas off the 2nd tier at eas? Wake up to yourself, it was the most benign and least offensive protest and a lot less than what we could have done considering the season we have had. The clusterf*ck that ensued was due to a completely unnecessary overreaction.

Auburn Mariner

At the risk of being labelled a smart-a__e, Steven Bradbury, the above photo of me at the morning-after a gender-bender night at Orange Ag College in 2001 should really have been cleared by me before publication.

It must be the morning after, I still have my fake beauty spot. Man-cans, errrrrggghhhhh.

It was a funny night, drop-dead glamours in skimpy shearer's shirts, Rugby players dressed as Frank'n'Furter, General Managers looking like a putting-from-the-rough John Candy, $3.50 440ml Red Bear cans AND an Overproof Bundy & Cola promotion. Aye, Caramba, twas a messy campus the next morning.

Paolo

dibo said:
bollocks. their average crowds are somewhere in the order of 7k. the mariners have more week to week supporters than them. they *sometimes* pull big crowds for their matches against hajduk split, but not even always then. i think they had a derby this year that only pulled 10k or so. we got a bigger crowd to see qld the other week.
Which may be the reason why i said "they dont exactly get big crowds in any other part of the ground"....as in, at most clubs it is only the ultras and organised support which shows up...which is why they have so much control over the club as the club need them.

MattSimon

furns said:
Any other questions?

Sup furnsy. Welcome to the forums. I have a question for you. When you were called up to see Con, how good was his corporate box? Did it have like a buffet spread going with a private bar? Also, did he offer you anything to drink before beginning his tirade?

Jorome Alexander Bennett

I thought Squadron's protests were done well.

I was very unimpressed with the squadron when they were using horrendous language in their chants, but they enacted their show of disquiet in an apparently quite effective but innoucuos manner. Noone in Australian football wants anything overboard.

It is Con alone who comes out of this episode lacking class.

MrCelery

furns said:
MrCelery said:
4zamariners said:
MrCelery said:
furns said:
The league die-hards are having a field day on The Herald - yet funnily enough the poll says 72% of people disagreed "The Squadron went too far with their displays of disappointment...."

The problem with the Squadrunts protest was that it had no class.
So all football fans around the world that protest by hanging their banners upside down have no class?
Better tell most european nations then as i think they must have missed the memo

Er, methinks you are not fully aware of what the protest entailed.  ::) Tell me, do most european nations supporters run around during the game looking for a Bay to hide in, and wear white knotted handkerchiefs on their head like a 1950's Pommy at a summer camp? Do they meekly front up to a nob like Con and cop a barrage of abuse and then go "Oh diddums, I've been insulted" to the press?  :'(

Upside down banners was but a small part of the protest. The total mix was a big embarrassment for most Jets supporters at the ground.
errr methinks YOU have no idea of what the protest entailed.
The banners were upside down was the MAJOR part of the protest. Many worldwide examples but keensy has done a good enough job of posting some.
The white hankies were waved pre-match - also as protest. Barcelona use this method.
Banners were ripped down to a chorus of boos, once we received word we marched from the supporters bays in protest at being censored. Again examples of deserting the supporters bays has been illustrated by keensys pics.
Timmy was called to come up to see Con, we were under the mistaken impression that we would receive some sort of explanation as to why he had taken down the banners. One of the guys walked out after about 30 seconds, the rest of us decided to stay to try to explain but weren't allowed to get a word in edgewise. We ended up getting frustrated about not being allowed to explain ourselves and left.
Boz posted the original thread to clarify to people that were going on hearsay as to what happened, I decided to write an article for our front page that detailed what happened before any false stories started to circulate.
And for the record we didnt go to the press - they came to us.

Any other questions? And with regards to your "class" comment, why would we care what you think? Would you rather we have stormed NBN - AC ultraz style? Threw a few burning vespas off the 2nd tier at eas? Wake up to yourself, it was the most benign and least offensive protest and a lot less than what we could have done considering the season we have had. The clusterf*ck that ensued was due to a completely unnecessary overreaction.

For a balanced sensible comment on the whole debacle, I suggest you read Dillon's article in today's Herald. He reckons you're a bunch of wankers too.

Squadrons_head_up_ass.jpg

loyalist

he will have ur opinion aslong as it is based on a bias against newcastle and has no logic/facts involved in it

MattSimon

forzamariners said:
he will have ur opinion aslong as it is based on a bias against newcastle and has no logic/facts involved in it

If there's another kind of opinion, I don't want to know about it

Timmyv

No surrender: Con Constantine promises more of the same as FFA orders mediation with fans

JETS owner Con Constantine will comply with a Football Federation Australia directive to hold a mediation session with members of The Squadron he admitted verbally abusing but he has no intention of apologising.

Constantine said he was happy to meet with the disgruntled supporters, one of whom he threatened to throw out of his private box during Newcastle's last home match of the A-League season, but also indicated he would deliver some home truths.

"I can never make an apology for what I did, I told them the facts," a defiant Constantine said yesterday.

"You've got to understand in life there are rules not only for them, but for me and for everyone in life.

"When they go to another level, someone has to discipline these boys.

"We can't allow people in the crowd to have their own way and just do what they like. It's not the case."

FFA officials launched an investigation into the January 18 incident, after Constantine reacted angrily to a match-day protest from Squadron members.

Despite suggestions that Constantine would face some form of sanction, FFA has instead requested he meet with a delegation of supporters.

Constantine said he planned to arrange the sit-down once the Jets were not preoccupied with trying to recruit players before the Asian Champions League deadline of February 11.

But whether he is ready to extend the olive branch appears another matter.

"They will get respected, providing they show respect, the same as any other supporter," Constantine said.

"We as a club must maintain that we can't tolerate nonsense. And on that particular day, there was a lot of nonsense."

Constantine said there was "an element" of the Squadron who were "troublemakers".

"They've got to be told there are rules there, not only for them, for everyone," he said.

"The Squadron is about two or three hundred people, and if half a dozen of them want to do things the wrong way, well it's not going to happen.

"The rest of the supporters who come to the game, they have to be looked after.

"If half a dozen people in the Squadron think they are in charge, that's not the case."

An FFA spokesperson said there would be no official mediator appointed for the peace talks, which raises the question of what would happen if no amicable resolution was reached.

FFA has asked to be kept informed of what transpires and will "monitor" the situation.

The spokesperson denied that FFA had placed the incident in the "too-hard basket".

"We haven't put it into the too-hard basket, but we do want to try and get the parties to talk to each other in a mature, pragmatic, sensible way, rather than having to yield a big stick, which may or may not be effective," she said.

Squadron president Tim Versheleden, who bore the brunt of Constantine's angry words in January, was reluctant to comment yesterday.

"We're treating this as an issue between us and the club, and we're going to keep it in-house until it's resolved and go from there," Versheleden said.

Asked whether he thought Constantine should apologise for his actions, he said: "Everyone's got their own opinion on what they think should happen, and that's up to themselves."

Constantine was hopeful the two parties could reach a mutual understanding.

"It's got to be a win-win situation," the Jets owner said.

"I respect what they do for the club, but also they have to respect my views that, at the end of the day, you can't just do what you like because you're part of the Squadron."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred