• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Con threatens Timmy V

FFC Mariner

http://newcastlefootball.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6522

(Details/facts seems a bit hazy so Timmy if you are around, please fill us in mate.)

In short, Con seems to have objected to some protests and uttered threats to a group of supporters.

Surely the FFA are going to deal with this f**king clown one day?

A few posts from their site:

Dear fellow jets fans

As a huge jets fan like everyone home game i found my self in the squadren expecting to have a great night cheering for our team but when crap all was being sung and a terribly boring game i knew something was wrong.

When the whole "banners" thing with the security got heated it seemed like something that would "g" us up more and sing even louder yet the idea came about to move away from the squadren in protest, like a loyal jets fan i flowed but for what, for the group of people to sit down in protest, what is this going to acheive, i hate constantine as much as every other jets fan but what was sitting down going to do, a loud chant or large sign would have worked better, instead we were left with a shit atmosphere when we should have been buzzin, we were winnin!!! a very rare site this season.

im not saying what happened today was wrong but i think it killed the game. i fnd my self increadibly confused, do i bother going in the squadren again or is this crap gunna happen again.

i no the whole story behind the protest and it angers me very much but honestly ill say it again, what is moving away and sitting down going to do, the jets wont sack con, he's the only cash the jets have.

so if possible i would love for con and possibly ego to be sacked but dont ruin a game protesting unless its going to acheive something.

jeff

And

This might sound a bit harsh, but wake up yourself. We had won 2 home games all year, the club has become the laughing stock of the A-League, we were confirmed last with 2 rounds still to play, this was a complete dead rubber game. You seriously expected that all of the supporters that spend hours upon hours dedicating their time to the support of their team would just sit back and watch us lose in front of a third of the fans that were turning out last year?

I'll be straight out honest and say that tonight was my first time in Bay 2 and yet when timmy et al requested that everyone moved to the terrace I gladly followed and stayed there all game. It wasn't entertaining at all, it wasn't meant to be, it was a protest against the way the club has been ****wits to people that have given their 110% support to the club in their own time for the last few seasons.

It's not alright for people like you and me to sit back and have a dig at the people that have put in countless hours of their own time to make our support one of the best in the league. Take a step back and have a think about it. You're criticising these people that have created your entertainment all season who aren't getting paid to do it. Is it fair that you're having a go at these people? Are they obliged to be there every match just so you can feel good about the atmosphere they are creating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflambert8 View Post
When the whole "banners" thing with the security got heated it seemed like something that would "g" us up more and sing even louder yet the idea came about to move away from the squadren in protest
Might have something to do with the fact that the club was forcibly taking down banners that people had worked on for hours upon hours and spent their own money just to show a bit of support to their team. You have to see what a massive kick in the face it would be to see that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflambert
instead we were left with a shit atmosphere when we should have been buzzin, we were winnin!!! a very rare site this season.
Mission accomplished. And is that not the ultimate 'sing when you're winning' mentality? We should just forget all about the disgraceful season we've had because we happen to be a couple of goals up against the 2nd worst team in the competition...yep, that would be an awesome protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflambert
im not saying what happened today was wrong but i think it killed the game. i fnd my self increadibly confused, do i bother going in the squadren again or is this crap gunna happen again.
hahaha, I think the answer is pretty obvious to that one.

I would simply suggest this to you and everyone like you. If you did not like what happened today then organise your own chants, your own tifo, spend a shit load of your money and free time and create your own atmosphere. Then when the club gives you a kick in the face for being a loyal supporter continue to mindlessly give them 100% of your support for every match of the season.

tuftman

To this point, we've more or less said(jokingly or not im not sure) that Con should stay so he sinks the Jets etc. But at this point, im going to say, for the sake of the HAL..CON OUT. He's shown ineptitude, and now he's shown that he doesnt value the fan base Newcastle have...what good does it do for him to stay in his position??

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
This might sound a bit harsh, but wake up yourself. We had won 2 home games all year, the club has become the laughing stock of the A-League, we were confirmed last with 2 rounds still to play, this was a complete dead rubber game. You seriously expected that all of the supporters that spend hours upon hours dedicating their time to the support of their team would just sit back and watch us lose in front of a third of the fans that were turning out last year?

I'll be straight out honest and say that tonight was my first time in Bay 2 and yet when timmy et al requested that everyone moved to the terrace I gladly followed and stayed there all game. It wasn't entertaining at all, it wasn't meant to be, it was a protest against the way the club has been ****wits to people that have given their 110% support to the club in their own time for the last few seasons.

It's not alright for people like you and me to sit back and have a dig at the people that have put in countless hours of their own time to make our support one of the best in the league. Take a step back and have a think about it. You're criticising these people that have created your entertainment all season who aren't getting paid to do it. Is it fair that you're having a go at these people? Are they obliged to be there every match just so you can feel good about the atmosphere they are creating?

Very good points, especially the ones I have highlighted at the end.

it is just like the people on this forum who come on and criticise the marinators yet have made no effort to better the situation themselves.

FFC Mariner

Can you imagine LG not only drunk at a game (its a work day for him) or threatening say Mick or Aub?

Con must go for the sake of the game

tuftman

FFC Mariner said:
Nah, Timmy. I'm out.

I can't support a club owned by a person that does this to the very people who give their blood, sweat and tears for the team and for the city.

He should have called you up to apologise. I was waiting all week for some kind of apology from the club to the supporters...nothing.

I've got my summers back to spend with my kids at the beach again.

Never again while Con is in charge.

I assume thats again off the Jets forum?

marinersman

I've been listening to Football Fever tonight and there was a guy who called in (don't know who he is) who said he was one of the guys who was dragged in for the tounge lashing. He said it was because a banner was unfurled "Newcastle United we've been con'd", which is pretty funny. Paul Williams and Damo pissed themselves.

Auburn Mariner

Holy Cow!!! What's doing with this?? Con, maaaaaaate, been on the Retsina, have we??

Celery, Mick & Kevrenor have been telling about this lunatic for YEARS. Leopards CLEARLY do not change their spots.

marinermick

tuftman said:
FFC Mariner said:
Nah, Timmy. I'm out.

I can't support a club owned by a person that does this to the very people who give their blood, sweat and tears for the team and for the city.

He should have called you up to apologise. I was waiting all week for some kind of apology from the club to the supporters...nothing.

I've got my summers back to spend with my kids at the beach again.

Never again while Con is in charge.

I assume thats again off the Jets forum?

that quote came from dezy - an ex-employee of the club

Timmyv

hey,
in next couple of days. there will be blogs on 442 and our column in the herald, will spill the beans of what actually happen so people know.

Gavin on 2ky tonight was one of the 5 and he said it in the nice version. but stay tuned to our forum if you want to follow up on it.

serious14

As much as we all hate your club blah blah blah, this is just not on, and I'd be pretty confident of saying you have a majority support from this part of the world in any attempt to get that clown removed.

That man has been a virus to football in Newcastle for far too long now, he has to go.

Bear

serious14 said:
As much as we all hate your club blah blah blah, this is just not on, and I'd be pretty confident of saying you have a majority support from this part of the world in any attempt to get that clown removed.

Speak for yourself buddy ;)

serious14

Bearinator said:
serious14 said:

Speak for yourself buddy ;)

That's why I said majority and not unanimous.

But you can't honestly think that leaving that man in charge of a football club any longer is a good idea??

Bear

Dont give a flying rats ass

You know my feelings on Newcastle and everything in it James

serious14

So you'd be happy to see the Jets crash and burn _off the field_ and have one of the biggest nurseries of football in Australia left to its own, football team-less devices??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred