• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Con threatens Timmy V

FFC Mariner

Timmy, that man can now take his place among the worlds worst chairman

I would put him alongside Jesus Gil (Athletico Madrid) Ernie Clay (Fulham) David Bulstrode (Fulham Park Rangers architect) and that guy Reynolds who burnt down his own ground as part of an insurance scam (Doncaster was it?)

It is perfectly acceptable to hate the owner and support the club, you will be there long after he has gone.

Having said that, a lot of complaints about the Squadron get made by members/sponsors etc so dont expect too warm a welcome

Redline

The only nonsense I'm aware of, from what I've read and seen on youtube clips was from Con...from everything I've seen, the Squadron weren't at all over board with their protest. But thats only IMO.

I think its silly the FFA isn't going to appoint a mediator...who's going to be in there's as referee keeping the peace?

Timmyv

FFC Mariner said:
Having said that, a lot of complaints about the Squadron get made by members/sponsors etc so dont expect too warm a welcome

yea that is there opinion and they can have it, not all Jets fans support the things we do. Its the same with every group of supporters and other club fans.

to me its just showing more issues that need to be noticed by others

Jesus

Jesus
What is con talking about, "we cant have nonsense"? What the f**k does that mean. I dont remember ever reading in their stadium policy, or that of the club, that you can not protest by turning banners upside down etc?

According to all the rules set out there was nothing done wrong by the squadron. FFA showing a complete lack of spine for not pulling con into line. Con thinks he is the club. The ffa should remind him, the club is owned by the ffa and the people of newcastle, he is just renting it.

dibo

Timmyv said:
FFC Mariner said:

yea that is there opinion and they can have it, not all Jets fans support the things we do. Its the same with every group of supporters and other club fans.

to me its just showing more issues that need to be noticed by others

i think the reaction means you got under his skin. you don't have to be loved by everyone, but there's a certain PR battle on here - you've got to stay ahead of Con in that battle or you're up against it.

dibo

not among those who are up to speed with his history, but there are more than a few seduced by the 'i've put $15 million into this club' bullshit.

MrCelery

FFC Mariner said:
Timmy, that man can now take his place among the worlds worst chairman

It is perfectly acceptable to hate the owner and support the club, you will be there long after he has gone.

Based on my past experience with Con, you might very well still be there, but the owner and the Club will have vanished. Who are you going to support then?

MrCelery

dibo said:
i think the reaction means you got under his skin. you don't have to be loved by everyone, but there's a certain PR battle on here - you've got to stay ahead of Con in that battle or you're up against it.

:goodpost:

Excellent observation. The PR score IMHO is currently -1 - -1. Nay, I'll amend that back to 0-0. A goal to Con for winning a GF, and a goal to Squadrunts for their GF TIFO, but a loss of a goal each for the latest shenanagans.

Timmyv

MrCelery said:
Based on my past experience with Con, you might very well still be there, but the owner and the Club will have vanished. Who are you going to support then?
we only ever support newcastle and we will always have a club in the A-league.

masmariner

"Constantine said he was happy to meet with the disgruntled supporters, one of whom he threatened to throw out of his private box during Newcastle's last home match of the A-League season, but also indicated he would deliver some home truths.

"I can never make an apology for what I did, I told them the facts," a defiant Constantine said yesterday.

"You've got to understand in life there are rules not only for them, but for me and for everyone in life.

"When they go to another level, someone has to discipline these boys."

We'll con threating to throw some someone out your private box would I think be a criminal offence, yes Con there are rules in life and maybe the squadron should get you charged. ?

Me thinks nothing will be gained by the mediation it is his way or the highway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred