• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Con threatens Timmy V

Bear

You already know the answer

It wont happen anyway, ffa wont let it get to that imo

dibo

as i was saying last week:

dibo said:
FFC Mariner said:
Con's problem is that no one in their right mind would invest with him still involved. Football at the end of V4 is a lot more viable than post NSL and if he was applying for a new franchise now, he would be rightly laughed at.

exactly - if FFA advertises 'ready made franchise complete with one shiny toilet seat, one idiot owner kicked to the kerb' they'll have people lined up around the block.

i'd wager newcastle fans aren't there for con either, they're there for a newcastle football team. if con goes, i doubt you'll see torrents of tears from anyone but con.

since yesterday, i think the last para can be underlined.

clarence

Timmyv said:
hey,
in next couple of days. there will be blogs on 442 and our column in the herald, will spill the beans of what actually happen so people know.

Gavin on 2ky tonight was one of the 5 and he said it in the nice version. but stay tuned to our forum if you want to follow up on it.

Hey Timmy. All the best in getting this issue sorted.

While it would seem ridiculous of me to offer an opponent's supporter group's leader any advice, I'd respectfully suggest that any public comment by you or others involved in the incident be very carefully constructed. You'd hate to give Con cause to sue.

clarence

dibo said:

dibo said:
FFC Mariner said:
Con's problem is that no one in their right mind would invest with him still involved. Football at the end of V4 is a lot more viable than post NSL and if he was applying for a new franchise now, he would be rightly laughed at.

exactly - if FFA advertises 'ready made franchise complete with one shiny toilet seat, one idiot owner kicked to the kerb' they'll have people lined up around the block.

i'd wager newcastle fans aren't there for con either, they're there for a newcastle football team. if con goes, i doubt you'll see torrents of tears from anyone but con.

Do you think that you are the best person to give advice or possibly comment in the future about Con's allegedly drunken behaviour, given the total hatred the Squadron have for you (still) after that drunken outburst of yours, a year or two back on their forum.

Your comments were disgraceful, drunken or not.

How you are still one of our Mods is beyond me as on that day you really crossed the line and became a bad ambassador for the Marinators...

furns

Its now in the media - be interesting to see how the FFA deal with it
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/94343,ffa-probe-jets-boss-flareup.aspx

Mariner Girl

Con needs to be put away somewhere. He is a total disgrace to the game. Whatever we may think of the Squadrunts they are entitled to show their displeasure for the teams performance this season. They did it in a non offensive, non violent way, and if an owner / CEO or coach cannot accept critisism and responds in this fashion, should not be holding the position they have.

Goes to show he is a complete and utter NUTTER.

dru

And TBF the flag they unfurl is normally upside down anyway so whats the offense to a couple of banners as well? 

marinersman

It wouldn't suprise me if all this has more to do with Con's personal issues with the drink than anything else. Sounds to me he needs to seek help with his little problem.

dibo

clarence said:
dibo said:

dibo said:
FFC Mariner said:

Do you think that you are the best person to give advice or possibly comment in the future about Con's allegedly drunken behaviour, given the total hatred the Squadron have for you (still) after that drunken outburst of yours, a year or two back on their forum.

Your comments were disgraceful, drunken or not.

How you are still one of our Mods is beyond me as on that day you really crossed the line and became a bad ambassador for the Marinators...

the fact that i owned up to it with no prompting and made a full and frank apology off my own bat surely mitigates it. fact is that i've seen stuff in the same league on this forum and theirs that has not been followed by anything like the same genuine contrition.

my record as a pretty sensible, level headed member of this forum and others also gives me a bit of cred i reckon. if you don't like me being a mod, feel free to take it up with the forum admin and the other mods. it's not like i get paid for keeping the joint nice and respectable, so if i were no longer a mod from tomorrow it'd hardly be skin off my nose.

feel free to make any further comments via PM rather than slagging me off on the forum.

MattSimon

I won't hear a bad word against Dibo. He speaks his mind and offers good commentary in all threads he contributes to, unlike the sarcastic, useless dribble I produce. He's a moderator for a reason and as good an ambassador for the Marinators as any. [/offtopic]

[ontopic]
Can we expect some good coverage of this whole issue on Fox Sports FC or do you think they will try and avoid it?

marconigirl

What caused the saga... Written by Furns...
I wasn't sure what this was all about till I saw this- Very disappointing Con...
I can't believe Con did that (Well maybe I could)...  :redcard: :redcard:

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2009/the-final-straw/

David Votoupal

The treatment of fans this way is an absolute disgrace. Fans have every right to express displeasure at their club's management in a peaceful and non-threatening way, and do not deserve the contempt that someone like Con shows for them. It's their hard-earned money that makes the whole point of running a football club worthwhile, right?

He's running the club into the ground- and whatever we may think it's not a good thing for the league.

Paolo

I'm now hearing stories of few people getting ejected for minor things by unreasonable security....can only assume that this was a directive from con.

Also alot of security inciting violence and both security and police failing their duty of care

Timmyv

clarence said:
Hey Timmy. All the best in getting this issue sorted.

While it would seem ridiculous of me to offer an opponent's supporter group's leader any advice, I'd respectfully suggest that any public comment by you or others involved in the incident be very carefully constructed. You'd hate to give Con cause to sue.

thank you. People are in place to ensure that everything that goes to the media is sorted so something like that cant happen.

Blackadder

This a pure genius stroke by Con, Not only getting rid of the Squadrunts but making a arse out of himself again.
Bravo on two fronts Con.  :thumbup:

Brighty

marconigirl said:
What caused the saga... Written by Furns...
I wasn't sure what this was all about till I saw this- Very disappointing Con...
I can't believe Con did that (Well maybe I could)...  :redcard: :redcard:

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2009/the-final-straw/

After reading that article, I truely believe Con needs to go for the sake of the Jest club and the league!!! I wouldn't believe that Furns would write an article like that without knowing the WHOLE facts behind what transpired on the day in question.

To say that Con has no respect for all his loyal fans is an understatement with the things he said to Timmy & Co. If LG were to attack the Marinators like that, I'd hate to see the backlash that'd bring from the fans.

As much as I hate the Jest and their fan base, being F3 rivals and all..... I really hope they get this sorted out before the ACL..... Good luck Timmy & Co, keep us posted bud!!!

MattSimon

Made SMH
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-league/jets-owner-abused-fans/2009/01/19/1232213546212.html

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred