• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

bikinigirl

Quite a lot has happened in a month, we will have an off season show next Tuesday.
If you have any questions for us, Shaun, the club or anything at all, leave it here.

. what exactly does the role of 'Head of Football and Elite Performance' entail and what is required on a day-to-day basis?

. can the fans expect to see Monty in this role longer than the 12 or so months typical of Mariners Legends ushered into retirement (eg. Hutch and Patrick)?

Tassiemariner

Questions are probably more for Dan but I'll ask anyway.

What's the difference between the 'Non-Ticketed' and the 'International' memberships? Outside of one of them being $5 more?
What is the incentive to purchase either of these aformentioned memberships when one can pay $15-20 more and get 3 match tickets (valued at min $20 each) through the 'Home and Away' or '3-game' options.

Also, what is the benefit of having a '10% discount at Rebel Sport Erina & Central Coast Stadium' when you live 2000km away? Why not at the online store?

Otherwise, great to have the priority access to finals tickets incorporated into all memberships. Worth it just for that.

scottmac

Suspended
. what exactly does the role of 'Head of Football and Elite Performance' entail and what is required on a day-to-day basis?

. can the fans expect to see Monty in this role longer than the 12 or so months typical of Mariners Legends ushered into retirement (eg. Hutch and Patrick)?
I spose it depends on wether he delivers in the job then doesn't it??? :headbutt:

If you want to have a dig at them about Monty then do it straight up. Sniping like that just makes you look like an idiot because it will brushed aside just like i have replied above.

bikinigirl

I spose it depends on wether he delivers in the job then doesn't it??? :headbutt:

. of course. if there are clear deliverables

... unless the position is only intended to be short term

If you want to have a dig at them about Monty then do it straight up. Sniping like that just makes you look like an idiot because it will brushed aside just like i have replied above.

. if i wanted to have a dig at 'them' about Monty I would have

. i don't need sniping to make me look like an idiot, but i won't try to dissuade you from such techniques

Tevor

Questions are probably more for Dan but I'll ask anyway.

Also, what is the benefit of having a '10% discount at Rebel Sport Erina & Central Coast Stadium' when you live 2000km away? Why not at the online store?

I agree with this, I would use more than the 10% discount driving to Erina. Suspect it has to do with the Rebel Sports deal so we are somewhat tied to purchasing through them preventing the online purchases. direct with the club.

Luca Brasi

can the fans expect to see Monty in this role longer than the 12 or so months typical of Mariners Legends ushered into retirement (eg. Hutch and Patrick)?
I think it is a good question, not necessarily about Monty but about the role itself. Is it fair dinkum or is it just a means of addressing an issue for 12 months? I am not sure what a role like this would pay, but if it was $100k then I would be expecting us to spend the full cap as I would just as much prefer to see Monty in the squad for $100k than back of house.

Timmah

What's the difference between the 'Non-Ticketed' and the 'International' memberships? Outside of one of them being $5 more?
What is the incentive to purchase either of these aformentioned memberships when one can pay $15-20 more and get 3 match tickets (valued at min $20 each) through the 'Home and Away' or '3-game' options.
I can't speak for others but non-ticketed suits me fine over H&A, knowing it would be next to impossible to get to Gosford for a game to use those particular elements of the membership.

Presuming International is $5 more I imagine it just covers postage for the club?

pjennings

I think it is a good question, not necessarily about Monty but about the role itself. Is it fair dinkum or is it just a means of addressing an issue for 12 months? I am not sure what a role like this would pay, but if it was $100k then I would be expecting us to spend the full cap as I would just as much prefer to see Monty in the squad for $100k than back of house.

Assuming it is a legitimate role (I wouldn't think Monty would take it otherwise) we will be in the position where we have a standby injury replacement for CB or central midfield roles on site.

pjennings

76 minutes all on the Mariners. I must admit sometimes I skip through the previews and reviews unless they are our games. Really enjoyed all of the show tonight - the focus on just our club was great :thumbup:

Yoda

I'm just curious what happens at Bunnings sausage sizzles for those strange types that keep their sauce in the fridge. Do you bring your own sauce in an Esky?

Big Al

I'm just curious what happens at Bunnings sausage sizzles for those strange types that keep their sauce in the fridge. Do you bring your own sauce in an Esky?
That is when the most important sauce question takes over
Tomatoe or BBQ

Myself i am a tomatoe fridge saucer and always Masterfoods. If u want BBQ sauce don't come to my house.

I was raised a cupboard man until i got married, at that point I converted to her religious beliefs and now its kept in the fridge

Big Al

It's interesting discussion about the youth getting another year. I think this would benefit them.
Personally i think it should be under 23's for the academy teams.

Interesting discussion about the FFA cup game, is that Shaun being a forward thinker and planning for all options (i like that) or the FFA saying you should have a backup venue.

Good to hear they also believe the same positions as us need filling and most importantly a #10 meaning hopefully Hoole won't be the primary option there

Wombat

It's interesting discussion about the youth getting another year. I think this would benefit them.
Personally i think it should be under 23's for the academy teams.

Interesting discussion about the FFA cup game, is that Shaun being a forward thinker and planning for all options (i like that) or the FFA saying you should have a backup venue.

Good to hear they also believe the same positions as us need filling and most importantly a #10 meaning hopefully Hoole won't be the primary option there

Hoole is a out and out winger. No hope as a number 10

Luca Brasi

Really enjoyed all of the show tonight - the focus on just our club was great :thumbup:
This.
Re FFA Cup, Pluim would be a great venue but I dont think the lighting would comply, unless they approved additional temporary lighting. Sauces (from the fridge) suggesting 2 pre season games at Pluim in July.

Big Al

Why do you keep it in the fridge Al?
And btw there is no E in tomato.
Because the wife put it in there and it never came out. So now converted

My spelling is as good as a Mariners defence with TW in charge.
Having the bad spelling button removed wasnthe highlight of my CCM fans career.

JoyfulPenguin

Because the wife put it in there and it never came out. So now converted

My spelling is as good as a Mariners defence with TW in charge.
Having the bad spelling button removed wasnthe highlight of my CCM fans career.
Thanks for the genuine chuckle their Big Al. I'm a cupboard man myself and fantastic podcast as always lads!

Last edited:

Big Al

Also good to hear about rejecting the shirt drafts. Not going to just take a basic or ugly design.

Looking forward to the strip, hoping it's a beauty

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami