• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Wombat

Also good to hear about rejecting the shirt drafts. Not going to just take a basic or ugly design.

Looking forward to the strip, hoping it's a beauty

I'm hoping it's not skin tight. I just had my son bagging me out coz the Thailand jersey in an XL looked like I was trying to steal a football under my shirt. He wasn't listening to the....Asian sizes are always way smaller routine.

Please Umbro....be kind!

nebakke

Great return but, one question keeps bugging me here...

I am one of the few who genuinely couldn't care less about NRL - I don't care about code wars, don't see the point and I don't even peripherally follow an NRL team - I simply don't see the point of the game.
So I haven't got the faintest, what happened at the NRL game on the weekend, with the screen, the food or the crowd, but there's been a bunch of references, both on the Facebook page and the podcast here... Would someone mind updating me on what the council's done this time?

Atomic

I am one of the few who genuinely couldn't care less about NRL - I don't care about code wars, don't see the point and I don't even peripherally follow an NRL team - I simply don't see the point of the game.
So I haven't got the faintest, what happened at the NRL game on the weekend, with the screen, the food or the crowd, but there's been a bunch of references, both on the Facebook page and the podcast here... Would someone mind updating me on what the council's done this time?
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/ae9dab10bc5ad8d3c2cb13ffbc670de7

true believer

I got a rant from a bloke at work . that the beer queue took 40 minutes . People left and went to the club to watch it.

nebakke

Wait WTF!? It's been what? A year since the council was going on about how it owned the screen as proven by the big fat sign next to it that says "Property of Central Coast Council" but now that there was an issue, it belongs to the Mariners after all?
This management mode for the council clearly hasn't made anything any better at this point, what a f*****g embarrasment! :(

Thanks everyone, for the responses though... Appreciate it!

Pirate Pete

nebakke, I think the Property of...... sign or whatever it says means the stadium.

I thought the screen was ours. Didn't the council cause a stink a few years ago because we owed them $250000 for it? Edited. see below
To be honest the report of the lack of screen and poor catering could be just what Mike wants to hear.
He's probably thinking, let the Mariners take it over and we'll run it properly.

So there was no big screen at all for the NRL

Though, it's not the end of their financial difficulties as a separate matter related to a six-year outstanding loan granted by the council is still disputed by the club. In 2008, the Mariners took out a loan from the council understood to now be worth close to $200,000 for the purchase of a big screen scoreboard at the stadium they are yet to repay and the matter was recently forwarded to legal mediation

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2...ar-stadium-debt-before-opening-a-league-game/

Last edited:

Big Al

You need Alcohol to watch NRL and they couldn't get it.:mad:

Seriously if you pay money to go to an event you ditch the que no matter what at the start of it. I rarely drink but surely you prioritise the event over food and drink. Why would you miss half the event to spend a fortune on warm beer and cold chips

The current administration is hell bent on running the stadium. Here's hoping they do the fixes before they are out in September and some other useless people have a go

pjennings

So Energy Australia pays for original screen for the stadium and it becomes a Council asset, the Council then bills us for the original screen and threatens to shut us out of the stadium - this despite that it is owned by them. We pay up full price for an old screen. We offer to pay for two larger screens but are rebuffed by the Council saying they can handle it and now they look to only be looking at one screen while blaming the Mariners for their debacle.

Who is this administrator serving? I can't figure it out. Developers don't like the administrator, ratepayers don't like him, council workers don't like him. :redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

pjennings

Just on your comments about Kennedy versus Ivan.

Statistically the best two keepers in the league have been Maty and Mitch. After that there is a group headed by Danny of Theo, Eugene, Thomas, Covic & Vedran that have been very good. Then there is a group headed by Tando of Ben, Birighitti and Bouzanis that have performed steadily.

I've been everywhere Reddy then fronts a group of Redmayne, Moss, Pasfield, Ivan, Jack Duncan and finally Izzo.

Statistics don't prove everything - Izzo is not the worst keeper in that list. However, the only keeper that has performed better at Newcastle than Kennedy is Covic and Ben is a much better performed keeper over many more games than Ivan. My biggest concern over him as a backup keeper is that he didn't play last year and some of the mooted # 1 keepers have also been injured.

Big Al

Cup gain and quality signings. Spanking WSW in 18's and 20's
When's the monthly pod due good times need good entertainment

Big Al

Hey Al
We were due to do one tomorrow the 1st, however we're going to wait until after the FFA Cup game.
So it'll be next Tuesday the 8th.

Great wins by our 18s and 20s on the weekend.
Great stuff yeah makes sense to wait till after the game.

I went and watched the 20's and saw last 5 mins of 18's. WSW very disappointing for a club of there size. They should have 5 solid teams at every age group.

Some cracking goals but you won't see better than that bomb before half time.

Dominant performance WSW barely looked likely.

McGr1m3

Guessing that the next show will be a record breaker in whay you guys will be discussing.
Quite a bit has happened since last broadcast & then the FFA cup V Blacktown on top.
May be a late night..........Or do you record earlier?

Coast Football Ramble

Guessing that the next show will be a record breaker in whay you guys will be discussing.
Quite a bit has happened since last broadcast & then the FFA cup V Blacktown on top.
May be a late night..........Or do you record earlier?

I start setting up the gear around 3:30, then we tidy up a run sheet between 4-4:30
Interviews usually start between 4:30-5:30, with the rest of the show is recorded around that.

Depending on what we're discussing and who we're interviewing the show could be recorded completely out of order or totally in order.

We could wrap up anywhere between 7-9.
Editing and uploading could take anywhere between 30 mins to 1 1/2 hours depending if there's anything we need to take out or sections that just drag on. Thankfully the faster internet speeds have quickened the upload process.

I think the latest finish I've had is around 11:30pm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred