• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

McGr1m3

I start setting up the gear around 3:30, then we tidy up a run sheet between 4-4:30
Interviews usually start between 4:30-5:30, with the rest of the show is recorded around that.

Depending on what we're discussing and who we're interviewing the show could be recorded completely out of order or totally in order.

We could wrap up anywhere between 7-9.
Editing and uploading could take anywhere between 30 mins to 1 1/2 hours depending if there's anything we need to take out or sections that just drag on. Thankfully the faster internet speeds have quickened the upload process.

I think the latest finish I've had is around 11:30pm.

McGr1m3

That's quite a shift, but the product is good, interesting & funny.
I have my own little radio spot up @ Lake Macquarie FM on a Tuesday Night.
The signal covers the North end of The Coast & the majority of Newcastle.
So makes it tough to push our barrow without commenting our northern neighbors.
I could just comment how crap they are on a weekly basis...lol......but we are no Barcelona FC at the moment ourselves.

scottmac

Suspended
Should the FFA cup be viewed as a glorified pre season tourney or given the respect of a serious knock out comp.

Just quickly though. Dont want it to turn into the full redesign of the comp talk like it got to on this website. Unless your up for that.

Pre season ramifications of being knocked out? What effect if any will it have on our prep for the season.

Our forward men of Pain, De Silva, Bingham Asdrubal, Hoole, Appiah and Buhager. Who is going to be the 4 of these starting and are we light on here.

localpom

Should the FFA cup be viewed as a glorified pre season tourney or given the respect of a serious knock out comp.

Just quickly though. Dont want it to turn into the full redesign of the comp talk like it got to on this website. Unless your up for that.

Pre season ramifications of being knocked out? What effect if any will it have on our prep for the season.

Our forward men of Pain, De Silva, Bingham Asdrubal, Hoole, Appiah and Buhager. Who is going to be the 4 of these starting and are we light on here.
We should add Powell to that list.....would love to see him get a chance in his rightful position. But, Pain, Hoole, DDS, and Asdrubal for me.

Big Al

Liam Rose, where you guys would play him. CB or bench Versatility to cover backs and mids. Should he be ahead of McGing at backup DM. Apears not to be

Who should be out backups at RB and LW

Bingham. Should he be getting more game time than last year at CF or depends on Asdrubal

Big Al

Can you explain the NPL setup. I understand only the club champions go up? Does the winner of GF go up as well or just a glorified competition for a trophy and nothing else

Should the 18's who I think are doing really well be disadvantaged by results of the other guys? I don't think so

Yoda

Can you explain the NPL setup. I understand only the club champions go up? Does the winner of GF go up as well or just a glorified competition for a trophy and nothing else

Should the 18's who I think are doing really well be disadvantaged by results of the other guys? I don't think so
One up, one down based on Club Championship (1st Grade points x 4 plus 20's x 2 plus 18s x 1).

NPL 1: Parramatta go down
NPL 2: Marconi all but guaranteed to go up. Bankstown City Lion all but guaranteed to go down.
NPL 3: Rydalmere Lions and Fraser Park battling it out to go up.

There are/were rumors of a competition shakeup with a 3 up / 1 down in NPL2 to increase NPL1 to 14 teams but havent heard any truth to the rumors.

dibo

There are/were rumors of a competition shakeup with a 3 up / 1 down in NPL2 to increase NPL1 to 14 teams but havent heard any truth to the rumors.
NPL1 was going to go to 14, and frankly it still might.

FNSW was going to make a bunch of changes for 2018, including:
  • abolishing the fourth tier (State League),
  • expand NPL1 to 14 teams (matching NPL2 and NPL3) and ditch finals
  • reshuffle the older age groups to create a new grade (16/18/20/First to 16/17/19/23/First)
  • kick A-League clubs out ("there is an argument for A-League academies to continue in youth, but not in seniors")
  • make all NPL3 sides run SAP
  • abolish the player points system...

When it was pointed out that the changes were drastic, proposed with minimal consultation and benefited nobody much apart from NPL1 sides, they put the changes on ice.

It's hard to know whether they'll take any of the changes on for 2018 - they'll leave the age groups and they won't touch State League, but I wouldn't bet against them making other changes for 2018.

The rest will be rammed through for 2019 though, and they'll be announced later this year.

pjennings

Interesting thoughts re new investment as the major announcement. With development happening in Gosford, his history with the stadium and running the stadium and the Mariners proposed development of the stadium I wonder whether the Mariners now interest Singo and his development partner Tony Denny. A team of three Charlesworth, Singo and Denny at the Palooza??

Singo also has big political friends at the State and Federal level that will listen to him so he would be a very powerful ally.

nebakke

I wish to God that someone would see the light and try for a spring club rather than perpetuating the code wars.
There's so much potential for cross-sales and leveraging the facilities and even since of the staff as well as development programmes and broader income streams.
It seems such an obvious way to make the clubs viable across multiple codes and even sports. Wouldn't be the first place in the world to do it either.

Rowdy

There's so much potential for cross-sales and .....

When it comes to sales of Club Merchandise I'd strongly disagree, and the Newcastle Jets are a good case in point.

Their changing of their club colours from the predominant 'Gold w/ a small homage of red & blue' to going ALL OUT R&B a'la Necastle Knights, imo was a big mistake.

Wish I had a dollar for every cheapskate bogan I've seen at the Scumdome wearing Newcastle Knights NRL gear thinking that they're supporting the Jets, when financially they're really supporting the Knights.

While, yes, some might argue a dual 'code club' will/would get bigger numbers of supporters 'crossing over'
...... merch wise .... if the club colours, name & or badge are the same ?
- Then I'd say no, you've effectively just halved your potential revenue stream by not having 2 products (jersey/jacket) to sell to your customer .... instead .. now just the 1.

Last edited:

nebakke

When it comes to sales of Club Merchandise I'd strongly disagree, and the Newcastle Jets are a good case in point.

Their changing of their club colours from the predominant 'Gold w/ a small homage of red & blue' to going ALL OUT R&B a'la Necastle Knights, imo was a big mistake.

Wish I had a dollar for every cheapskate bogan I've seen at the Scumdome wearing Newcastle Knights NRL gear thinking that they're supporting the Jets, when financially they're really supporting the Knights.

While, yes, some might argue a dual 'code club' will/would get bigger numbers of supporters 'crossing over'
...... merch wise .... if the club colours, name & or badge are the same ?
- Then I'd say no, you've effectively just halved your potential revenue stream by not having 2 products (jersey/jacket) to sell to your customer .... instead .. now just the 1.

The thing is though, that I don't see it putting much of a dent - the actual players uniforms would still be somewhat different - the same way as you can tell the difference between a football jersey and a rugby jersey even if you don't know the team. So the sort of people who buy jerseys because they really want them as part of the team support, would probably still invest.
Where it becomes difficult is the people that struggle to justify buying a team jersey as it is, because - to be quite frank, they're ridiculously overpriced - that's where your potential up-sell might be.
But it's more than jersey sales too, on the support/customer -side. It's about how you build that community sense around the club and how you best roll new supporters, so-to-speak.

As for those cheapskate bogans - that's part of the point... They WOULD be supporting the Jest in this situation, as well as the Knights... But on top of that you unify the fanbases in things that impact both teams, rather than this ridiculous ongoing fight that happens at every major stadium around the country, come finals season every year... Wouldn't it be awesome if whatever AFL team shares grounds with Victory at Docklands, had a vested interest in MV winning their finals series games? All of a sudden they might be interested in having that conversation about moving one of their less important games elsewhere to help MV get a win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred