• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Big Al

Bad news, there'll be no show this week, due to health and lack of things to discuss.

Good news, Appiah hasn't been cursed by our interviews.
Not sure if u have seen this or if it has any relevance to what you are talking about re: rep fees for the young fellas

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/filea...ate_Leagues_Competition_Registration_Fees.pdf

Page 2 has total fees including a huge club fee of max $1,500 for under 10 to 12 and more for NPL (not sure how all those figures relate)
Thought you might be interested if that's what you've been talking about lately about the cost of youth football

Last edited:

pjennings

Great effort this year guys. :thumbup: Thanks to Mike, Shaun, Dan et al for their contributions during the year - it is another great channel to get directly to the members and fans. The players that turned up were great, let's hope we haven't jinxed them all.

My only question is, as the podcast has been released, did we get a transfer fee? ;)

Coast Football Ramble

Hey guys, I wasn't happy with some of the editing, so I didn't advertise it was up as I was going to fix it, but I wont have time to.

There was a tiny error during recording where part of Shaun's answer didn't record, he mentioned that the stadium are fixing up the corporate boxes first with paint and carpet.

Our final A-league episode for this season.
We talk to Shaun Mielekamp about Central Coast Stadium, FFA money grant to A-league clubs, the upcoming shareholders meeting and much more.
We also review the A-League finals series and take a look at the NPL 2 Mariners Academy team.

Reactions: adz

Coast Football Ramble

Great effort this year guys. :thumbup: Thanks to Mike, Shaun, Dan et al for their contributions during the year - it is another great channel to get directly to the members and fans. The players that turned up were great, let's hope we haven't jinxed them all.

My only question is, as the podcast has been released, did we get a transfer fee? ;)

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate them, as I mentioned on the show, it's a hobby for me personally and we try to not take ourselves too seriously :)
The players and others we're great, we talk to the guests a bit more than what gets released, and they're a lot of fun when they open up a bit.

What would we be worth on the transfer market? :D

Big Al

Hey guys, I wasn't happy with some of the editing, so I didn't advertise it was up as I was going to fix it, but I wont have time to.

There was a tiny error during recording where part of Shaun's answer didn't record, he mentioned that the stadium are fixing up the corporate boxes first with paint and carpet.

Our final A-league episode for this season.
We talk to Shaun Mielekamp about Central Coast Stadium, FFA money grant to A-league clubs, the upcoming shareholders meeting and much more.
We also review the A-League finals series and take a look at the NPL 2 Mariners Academy team.

Great interview with Shaun, he is really open with you guys which as a listener I appreciate and makes it interesting. He does give up little pieces, either deliberately, through passion or just caught with a good question and can't duck it. I don't get a bullshit feel from him. It's not all roses and let's us know the reality that some are afraid to publicise. Sure somethings are skimmed but all businesses do that. I appreciate his openness.

Good questions and the Taveras bit was interesting, the not getting the insurance was a surprise and the admission that it wasn't picked up in the medical (some one will be getting a roasting for that, costly mistake, literally blew our season on that). Well pressed about was it SFC hiding something to pry that answer.

Wow they are a long way off with the FFA on funding be he also sort of played there hand in that it's not in there best interest to have a strike. I agree with the reasoning but it always was a little bit of we are in the weaker negotiating position. I get the impression they won't get what they want for next year and that FIFA coming in was there trump card and there best way to get what they want. How obsurd that the meeting didn't include the big boys from FFA, very disrespectful (especially as the awards was the night before so we're all in town). Glad they walked out and interesting they went in with that intention so they already had a feeling the figure was not what they want and maybe the lack of FFA presence made them feel disrespected.

I like that he just called Ivan direct and got it sorted and Ivan came to his senses with a threat I'm sure but just interesting to see how they handle it.

Stripes, will look very different to the clean cut uniform of this season, maybe an old school football feel to it. Will be interesting.

Monty, Hmmm not going to UK kind of sounded positive, hope so.

I understand the signings with the membership releases. Now here's hoping Ben Kennedy isn't there draw card

Also wonder if we get some more release statements with there ending of contracts like they said Faty and Taveras are still working out there contracts. We've seen Newcastle and WSW notifying there releases in the last couple of days.

Great work for the podcast as usual and a great season and doing the monthly will be good for the offseason just to keep up our fix. I even learnt to go looking for the podcast instead of being lazy and waiting for it here.

Great finish to the year

And yes I find the talk about the chicken burger and chips interesting,was going to go to a game and was like great I'll get the burger and chips, then didn't go and then next podcast heard they were crap I was like, dodged that but good to hear they were on the improve. I'm a Bunnings sausage sandwich guy but good hot chips can't be beaten

scottmac

Suspended
What areas of the field do they still see signings needed for.

Do they have an idea together for their pre season program.

Are there any of the youth team they see as capable of getting a contract next year.

Now that canberra is off the agenda where do they see our regional games taking place if at all.

Have they earmarked any players for the w-league team if its approved.

sydmariner

When & wear will there be any pre season trial games also what's the deal with the potential alternate venue for the FFA Cup game if we get a home game.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred