• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

well the VAR only intervenes at the referee's request anyway. It's not like the referee will suddenly and randomly get a voice in his ear saying 'pay attention ya dickhead!'
Well, not from the VAR anyway. The AR, on the other hand. Or more likely from Muscat after he beats up the 4th official and steals his earpiece.....

Big Al

well the VAR only intervenes at the referee's request anyway. It's not like the referee will suddenly and randomly get a voice in his ear saying 'pay attention ya dickhead!'
Well, not from the VAR anyway. The AR, on the other hand. Or more likely from Muscat after he beats up the 4th official and steals his earpiece.....
No
VAR reviews the plays then tells the Referee there is a problem, the referee can then view a screen on the sideline to make his own decision.

This is what happened in the trial at CCS. The play would continue (didn't actually as they were trialling dilebrate mistakes) then the referee got a call in his ear then would blow the whistle and make the to tv signal. Then run over to the to screen and watch the replay.

It was very slow and horrible, perfect for a TV ad.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/04/04/explainer-how-video-ref-will-work-league

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...y-priority-accuracy-says-ffa-referee-director

Based on an emphasis of minimum interference and a mandate to correct only clear-cut errors, a VAR might be able to review a call and advise the referee very quickly.

However, a substantial time blowout could occur when the referee requests to see the incident himself, at which time he has to run to his review area at the side of the pitch and view relayed camera angles.

During a live trial of a female exhibition match at Central Coast Stadium on Saturday, a review and validation of a penalty decision took nearly two and a half minutes, albeit only in a practice situation.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...s/news-story/12ab6e54f4d16b2711f41a01fd7d4e59

Every goal will get an informal review, which Wilson described as, “a check, just looking in the background; you may see the referee holding his ear waiting (to be told) ‘no problem, we’ve checked that, all clear’”.

“Otherwise, they’ll say: ‘Think there’s a problem, you should do a review, the referee does a TV signal, that’s when the process starts.”

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Damn, I stand defeated on this one!
Thanks for the correction though.
http://quality.fifa.com/en/var/#work

The VAR's will advise the referee and the referee will either act on that information or decide to review the footage himself. When that happens, that's when delays occur.

About 2min has been the timeframe in a few instances when the referee has needed to view the footage. I can see the benefit in referring it to the referee but having him see it. I suppose through the trials they'll assess if that's the best way forwards, or if the VAR should have more flexibility to exercise their opinion.

Opinion - that's the problem. NRL, cricket - usually video ref is used for black and white decisions. Football is a particularly difficult sport to referee as so much of it is subjective. So I can see why they want to try minimise the subjective influence of a VAR.

I guess that offers another meaning to the Castro dive when they're saying they wouldn't intervene - they may simply be saying they wouldn't be offering the unasked-for opinion, but says nothing about what they'd say if the ref asked for it.

Big Al

Why did Ange leave Cahill behind for Thailand when he had a weeks camp.

Reality is no one effects a socceroos game like him, sheer presence along effects the defenders and our wingers seem to respond knowing he is the target

FFC Mariner

Ben Cahn
Does he have plans to bring in any experienced players to mentor what is a very young side
Monty
What did you say to your mum :)

Holy

For Monty, how is the body holding up and in an ideal world, how many seasons left does he think he has in him

Big Al

Monty if he wants to play on and it's not with us for what ever reason would he play A League or go overseas.

Now that he is an Aussie is he enjoying his Vegemite on toast for breakfast

Coast Football Ramble

Episode 30: This week Nick Montgomery and Ben Cahn join us.
We discuss our wonderful victory against the Jets, A-leagues adoption of the VAR system, player contracts, previews, reviews, Stupid things on Facebook and more.

Big Al

Episode 30: This week Nick Montgomery and Ben Cahn join us.
We discuss our wonderful victory against the Jets, A-leagues adoption of the VAR system, player contracts, previews, reviews, Stupid things on Facebook and more.

Loved your work boys, jets Facebook fails had me in stitches

Next week final show for the season?

Unfortunately MV will be going all out against us, you can't have players not playing for two weeks in a row before the semi finals. Muscut will want an improved effort also leading into that semi.

Up to WSW and Sydney to save us IMO

Holy

Great job boys, but seriously sad for Newcastle fans, WTF???

I have a nephew who is a Jets fan and I am revelling in his stupidity, and as far as I'm concerned, it can continue for ever and ever.

Sad, never!!!

Coast Football Ramble

Loved your work boys, jets Facebook fails had me in stitches

Next week final show for the season?

Unfortunately MV will be going all out against us, you can't have players not playing for two weeks in a row before the semi finals. Muscut will want an improved effort also leading into that semi.

Up to WSW and Sydney to save us IMO

We'll have a few more shows yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred