Central Coast United

Discussion in 'Central Coast football' started by Yoda, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Were there a lot of injuries last week?
    No woodbine, new signing Schumann and a couple of the new defensive signings..

They’ve been abit hush hush about the squad this season compared to last. I’ve heard there’s been a bit of the old crappy footy politics going on from people I know in the club.

The fullbacks were a killer for them last week especially the young RB. And the wingers didn’t help Arbelo and Sanders too much. Lyons isn’t a winger. He needs to be next to Macca instead of the Japanese boy.

2. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Two words...CLEAN SWEEP...that’s pretty good hey?

3. Josho Howe

Josho Howe Well-Known Member

This thread has been too quiet. A 2-0 win for the boys tonight against Nepean keeps them at the top of the table. I think that we aren't as good as last season due to a few player departures but we still find ourselves top of the league and have a very good chance of promotion.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RECKY

The game against Uni the other day was pretty bloody good BUT. How good is young Steen WOW ....and good on Les for buggering off out of the torrential rain ....which I’m sure the UNSW meteorology dept organized when a serious whooping was on the cards

5. RECKY

9-1 against FC Garzy just now at Field number 2 at Pluim
    Although I did hear one of the lower grades got 20 something v other Garzoids...Fark moi

6. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

I believe 18's won with a cricket score, 20's won 3-0.
    Gazy were rubbish and if Monty succeeds in relegating CCM, the derby might be on next season

• Like Like x 2
  7. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

CCU now top in all three grades U18, U20 and now in 1st after Fraser Park lost to Balmain at home 4-1

• Like Like x 1
  8. FFC Mariner

Why were they relegated to the back pitch?
    Main pitch seemed fine and it hadn't rained

9. possum x

possum x Member

Somehow I don't think that's going to happen

10. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Gazy's U18 that lost 23-0 started with 8 players with an outfield player in goal.

11. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Ive played against 8 men before but ive never heard of a score like that. that is simply disgraceful.

12. RECKY

Les said on the stream that the main pitch needed work

13. RECKY

Bit more of a struggle last night v South Coast Flame BUT a 2-1 win is still a 2-1 win ( beat em 9-0 last time)
    Les had Michael Glassock as his co -host , so if Hong Kong don’t work out , Glasso can get a job at SBS
    MOM...Yuki

• Like Like x 1
  14. FFC Mariner

They seemed very flat and Flame were a completely different side to last season (9-1) wasnt it? Still, 3 points when you arent at your best is the sign of a decent side
    Macca is head an shoulders above any other player on the pitch most weeks and could easily get a run 2 grades higher
    Pretty sure the 18's got up and 20's drew.
    Good weekend for CCU

• Like Like x 2
  15. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

Extends their lead in club championship as well, as Fraser Park’s 20s and 18s both lost. Now 49 points clear, c’mon!!

• Like Like x 3
  16. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

Is promotion based on CC or first past the post in first grade?

17. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

Club championship. There were rumours they would switch to first past the post in first grade this season, but that was apparently put on the back burner.

18. FFC Mariner

Just watched the highlights - I thought we got given a soft pen - was pretty blatant, keeper flattened him

More than 2 full rounds ahead now (49 points). Keep it up lads

• Like Like x 3
  19. RECKY

What’s this f**kin bollocks about Central Coast Council fining teams for playing this weekend , it’s not like we’ve had a friggin cyclone all week or something....they keep that shit up and playing fees are gonna go up

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FFC Mariner

Massive congratulations to everyone at CCU.
    Won promotion tonight by beating Prospect away.
    1 more promotion and they play CCMA .
    Interestingly both CCU and CCMA have strong 20's sides.
    Kids staying on the coast or do we have a good crop coming through?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1