Central Coast United

Discussion in 'Central Coast football' started by Yoda, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

Not bad really but it need's more palmtree's & saucebottle's.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Looks like a Bikey emblem.

Is Heffernan who they sharfted the youth coach for?

5. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

From all reports the Academy TD Wayne Sully O'Sullivan will be the NYL coach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
  6. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

FFS!!! Sometimes its hard to support this club:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Warmsley 2.0.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Not that good eh Syd? .....maybe Moss 2.0.

9. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

So more to the actual club. I think this is a f**king great thing to happen. Obviously there will be the fears of diluting the talent pool but in time I can oboe see this being great for the region. Local derby days will be awesome if they happen to be in the same division. This is what drives people to support their clubs. At the end of the day its another club on the production line to the mariners when it's full swing

• Like Like x 1
  10. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Not everyone develops at same rate so gives more opportunities especially maybe when NYL are washed up at 20yrs old

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

Squad assembled thus far:

Technical Director - Dean Heffernan
    Head Coach - Stu Davis

Oscar Torres - seems to go against the grain of the mantra "giving locals a chance" - Kahibah junior, through Newcastle representative program, most recently played local Mens Premier League for Gosford City
    Jack O'Malley (Goal Keeper) - local junior, CCF/CCM Academy*
    Alex Arbelo - local junior, Hills Brumbies, CCF/CCM Academy*
    Nathan Blunden - local junior, CCF/CCM Academy*, local Mens Premier League for The Entrance
    Jordan Bennett - local junior, CCF/CCM Academy*
    Josh Swadling - local junior, CCF/CCM Academy*, local Mens Premier League for The Entrance
    Matt Johnson - local junior, Charlestown & Edgeworth (Newcastle NPL), local Mens Division 1 for Woongarrah Wildcats
    Adam Blunden - local junior, CCF/CCM Academy*, local Mens Premier League for The Entrance
    Daniel McFarlane - local junior, CCF/CCM Academy*
    Geordie Howe - local junior CCF/CCM Academy*, local Mens Premier League for Gosford City

* CCF/CCM Academy - played for either Coasties, Lightning, CCFC, CCMA or any other iteration of local rep team at the time

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

14. RECKY

some CCUFC based creations....do wit what you see fit

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. RECKY

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. RECKY

Off to watch UniteD at Pluim this avo , as opposed to the current state of the Mariners, never know, might see some decent footy and multiple goals for a change
    #CCUFC

• Like Like x 1
  17. JoyfulPenguin

Enjoy mate! Great to see people getting around their local club. I frequent the Bulleen Lions down here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

CCU held their own, and in fact probably had the better of the play against their higher ranked opponents yesterday. Adam Woodbine struck midway through the first half with a clinical finish off the outside of his right boot which nestled into the bottom right corner, giving the ‘keeper no chance.
    Edgeworth struck back immediately after half time - a sloppy pass from the CCU right back was cut out, and with the CCU centre backs standing off and affording their man time and space to shoot he obliged, with a powerful effort from the edge of the area.
    Less than a minute later, Woodbine was at it again - a well measured through ball from Ian Mcandrew gave Woodbine a couple of yards space, who blasted past the ‘keeper at his near post.
    But it wasn’t to be for CCU; with less than 5 minutes remaining Edgeworth were through again. A good initial save by substitute ‘keeper Josh Doe - though he couldn’t hold it, and the rebound was tucked away.
    A pretty positive hit out overall for the lads, finishing 2 apiece.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. JoyfulPenguin

Cheers for the match report! Very impressive that CCU could more than hold their own against Edgeworth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JoyfulPenguin