• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2009/10 HAL Season

marinermick

scottmac said:
Seem to remember me being threatened with a ban by one marinermick 12 months ago when doing what was done on pg 99

i'm sure there was a good reason and not similar to page 99 on this thread

Marquee

What about that guy from the VPL who trialed with us in the off season, Milo Lujić. Anyone know how he got on? He is a striker, young and cheap.

TerrigalUtd

Marquee said:
What about that guy from the VPL who trialed with us in the off season, Milo Lujić. Anyone know how he got on? He is a striker, young and cheap.

Playing in Victorian premier league at the moment for Richmond, seems ok but if he didn't get signed then, hes probably not good enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C5%A1_Luji%C4%87

Forum Phoenix

Only saw him play about 6o mins.
Okkkk... but clearly not as good as Kwassie or D'mac imo... Also not the small fast footed type we need for balance.

TerrigalUtd

Forum Phoenix said:
Okkkk... but clearly not as good as Kwassie or D'mac imo... Also not the small fast footed type we need for balance.

Would Panny be this player? I don't know anything about him except he scores a lot of goals for youth league.

Forum Phoenix

TerrigalUtd said:
Forum Phoenix said:

Would Panny be this player? I don't know anything about him except he scores a lot of goals for youth league.

Good line of questioning I think.
I was wondering whether Panni could take over for Weemacs creative role if Weemac was away or if we wanted to try him (Weemac - not Panni) upfront in our hour of need.

I agree with FFC, Panni looks the goods.
Looked like he has heart to me.
Captain in the NSWPL and for youth would also suggest he does.

Bear

Marquee said:
Miloš Lujić

as far as i knew, he was a signed player of ccmfc in our youth team?

thats what i heard last anyway, shows how much attention i pay on the youth team :-\ failfan

elevated position

Panni is good enough to play A League and should be blooded with 10 minutes etc and he is not the only yoof who should get time during the year.
And "if" we slide out the back door let them play full games, bugger the older players.

Roy Law

BTW - did you know that Danny Vukovic was invited to train with the Socceroos for two days prior to the Holland game? Goes to show that his return to form is being recognised.

Forum Phoenix

elevated position said:
Panni is good enough to play A League and should be blooded with 10 minutes etc and he is not the only yoof who should get time during the year.
And "if" we slide out the back door let them play full games, bugger the older players.

Throughly agree. Excellent post.

Forum Phoenix

Roy Law said:
BTW - did you know that Danny Vukovic was invited to train with the Socceroos for two days prior to the Holland game? Goes to show that his return to form is being recognised.

No did not. Thats great. Danny massively deserves it.
Had to deal with stupendous disappointment and loss.

Meanwhile players ritualistically lose their rag, hit players in back play, Muscats latest kicking on the ground and yet he's still somehow the ol lovable rogue of the a league... and not the violent cheat that he is. The mad satanic bald man who when not standing over someone in pain with his veins bulging can be found giving the bird...  (was funny though)

These players show a far greater and continual lack of discipline than Danny ever has.
Danny should not have pushed his hand obviously, but it was far from a violent action and never threatened the referees person in any regard. Massive over reaction and immensely glad Danny is getting back on track.

Jaza_SFC

He's still not really pushed on that much from where he was as a keeper 2yrs ago. He's still solid, but he's not really looking like the type to push over to Europe any time soon.

dibo

i think the main thing at the moment is that he's *back* to where he was 2yrs ago. his form dropped hard last year and he's spent this time recovering it. he's still what, 24? he's got room to improve here, though it's fair to say that around the world there are loads of keepers as good or better at his age. whether there's a better keeper in this country his age is doubtful.

elevated position

personally i think danny needs to move on to further his career. A new GK coach might be able to iron out a few chincks in his armour. I believe nearly all the long time players (younger) could do with some new ideas and if it means moving on so be it.
Even the coach will benefit from rotating these players who after a number of years would not be motivated by his spiel. (there are exceptions of course)

marinermick

Marquee said:
Anyone know the training schedule for this week? I've got some spare time and hoping to go and watch.

Budgie today, Sohier Park (Ourimbah) tomorrow, Wednesday off and budgie again in Thursday.

All at 10am

Forum Phoenix

Jaza_SFC said:
He's still not really pushed on that much from where he was as a keeper 2yrs ago. He's still solid, but he's not really looking like the type to push over to Europe any time soon.

Disagree Jaza.

Best record in the league and looking better than two years ago.
An experience like what Danny went through can only strengthen a player if he can come through it - and he has. And now he's looking older, wiser, and in better form than ever.

I'd say O.S. is likely, though hopefully not toooo soon.  :'(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred