• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2008/09 Season

marinermick

aussiecross said:
didnt he heal from the broken leg then fracture the heal, so another six weeks in cast..heard that a while ago tho

ffs, does anyone read the post before before posting themselves?

Blair

Mariners duo likely to stay on the Central Coast 03.12.08 | Andrew Slevison  Central Coast Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna is hopeful he can re-sign two key players.
Striker Sasho Petrovski is enjoying his best season with the Mariners and McKinna is keen to extend the 33-year olds contract whilst defender Andrew Clark looks set to sign on with the club.
"We'll sit down again with Sash and look to get it sorted, McKinna told 442 of the Petrovski situation.
"He's been good for us during his time here and I think this year is the best that he's played.
"His workrate has been fantastic. We really needed a goal at Perth late in the match and he's been Johnny on the spot again and tucked it away."
McKinna also touched on Clarks position, saying a deal was almost worked out.
"Clarky's is agreed on and I think the club is looking at a three-year deal," he added.
"He has been and continues to be great value for this club, the fittest guy at the club."

Jocwa08

3year deal for clark would take him too 37!
I wonder if it is like a one year players contact
and two years coaching ?

Razorback

I hope so because if it is in a playing only capacity that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 3 year contract for a sportman these days is a massive gamble unless they are an absolute superstar. And Clarky is no superstar...

Bear

marinersman said:
Bloody hell, can you imagine what it would be like trying to negotiate a deal direct with Sash?

CLUB: "Sasho, we will pay you $100,000 per year as a base wage. We will pay you and extra 10% on that base wage as performance bonus, provided you make more than 14 starting appearances for the 08/09 a-league season. We will also pay you an additional $300 per goal scored in the 08/09 a-league season, $500 per goal scored in the ACL group stage on 09, and $1000 per goal scored in any other game in the ACL, should we advance from the group. If you start a total of 20 games in the a-league 08/09 and ACL 09 for us, we can offer you an automatic 1 year extension on the current offer of 1 year.

What do you say Sasho"

SASHO: "Umm................ what?"

Redline

You would imagine, taking his age into consideration, that it would be part playing/part coaching...

And dealing direct with Sash would be interesting. He strikes me as being very stubborn.

Bear.....lol.

FFC Mariner

I think you will find that saso is no dummy and will handle himself quite well.

Its not like he doesnt have other clubs who will happily take him off our hands is it??

Redline

I don't doubt he's intelligent and knows what he's doing, but he does seem stubborn and hard headed.

Why doesn't he have an agent? That would seem unusual I thought.

marinermick

Greenpoleffc said:
I think you will find that saso is no dummy and will handle himself quite well.

Its not like he doesnt have other clubs who will happily take him off our hands is it??

spot on

from all accounts he is handling himself quite well in negotiations

when it comes to money some people get very smart

Jocwa08

Countryhick said:
I don't doubt he's intelligent and knows what he's doing, but he does seem stubborn and hard headed.

Why doesn't he have an agent? That would seem unusual I thought.

To stubborn to get one

marinersman

marinermick said:
forzamariners said:
gets to keep more money for himself

spot on

Only if he can negotiate a substantially better deal than a good agent could. I think LG's business acumen might be a touch better than Sash's.

And by the way, I love Sash and seriously hope he's around for another couple of years yet. He has a lot more to offer and I wouldn't mind betting there's another nine clubs who would love to have him.

offtheball

Seems Mariners weren't that keen a month ago now they are, is it the cynic in me or are they not positive about Nik?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred