• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2008/09 Season

Jesus

Jesus
brett said:
Just thinking about Adelaide's workload at the moment, and they have 2 games a week in round 18 and round 19, would it be so bad to have all four strikers still next year in case we're in a similar position?

we might have to do a fair bit of chopping and changing to build depth in the other areas of the pitch, but if we keep the current four strikers we'd be set up perfectly.

I think 4 strikers is essential fo any a-league team. We have 4 quality strikers, that may be hard to still have next season.

marinersman

I have absolutely nothing to base this on but I do wonder is Lawrie is now willing to offload Nik. I don't know why but I just think maybe he might come the end of season. Not to mention Sash seems to be shopping around.

Having said that, I agree with Jesus, a squad with four strikers is a must.

Tassiemariner

If mrdja goes who will replace him in our "core four" of strikers.

I read on 442 Dadi wants to stay in the A-league.

anyone on here rate him?

Rowdy

From his performances for Glory so far and the right $$'s I would take him, probably cheaper than the $$$'s DiscoNik is on.

• Comparatively, Size and strength same as D-MAC.
  • Age gives Dadi 2nd in the speed factor, although  haven't really witnessed a moment of distance that he's needed to chase a ball for a fair compare, but comon sense says DMAC would win the the race.
  • Aerial Attack of ball same/same
  • As Target Men, both have excellent touch in bringing ball to ground using chest/thigh/feet
  • Strike of the ball, Dadi has shown the goods, off the deck & the volley(weekend gone WOW!), whereas DMAC has been more placement/cleaning up the crumbs
  • One on One against defenders Dadi has the skills to beat a player facing goal or with back to it using the turn, DMAC back to goal and turn yes, but ball at his feet going to goal yet to display a quality 'skin'

Test out his engine to see if he's prepared to put in the 'running' that Dyl gets through when defending from the front,harrassing DM's from behind etc and he might be a good 55min replacement for DMAC vice versa OR if D's injured or rotating striker basis, but would never play both together, you need the speed men playing off both.

Kareem

marinersman said:
I have absolutely nothing to base this on but I do wonder is Lawrie is now willing to offload Nik. I don't know why but I just think maybe he might come the end of season. Not to mention Sash seems to be shopping around.

Having said that, I agree with Jesus, a squad with four strikers is a must.
So do I- so does everyone
My only point in the past has been- we have 4 quality/expensive strikers
Look at other teams (whom pretty much all have 4 strikers)- how many r quality?
Phoenix- Smeltz
Jets- Griffiths
Victory- Thompson (hold breath) + Allsopp
Sydney- Brosque + Bridge (+ expensive= Aloi$i)
Adelaide- Cristiano
Perth- Dadi + Ruki
QLD- Van Dijk, Mini (maybe???)
We have 4 of them- probs coz Simon isnt on much (for now) + good recruiting
and for that reason I see it hardest for us to keep onto our full strikeforce!

Marquee

Salley wants out from Adelaide.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24810964-5000940,00.html?from=public_rss

Possible target for us?
He's not a bad player, nothing special but still a handy player to have.
Thoughts??...

Deej

yellowfidello said:
Salley wants out from Adelaide.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24810964-5000940,00.html?from=public_rss

Possible target for us?
He's not a bad player, nothing special but still a handy player to have.
Thoughts??...

Mmmmmm defensive midfielder........Mile Jedinak or anyone else who plays in that position? Mmmmmm Mile for me, we just have to be able to keep him, he's bound to play overseas at some stage

jarrad

We'll be lucky to keep Mile through January. I say we strike a deal with him. Ask him to stay til after the ACL, then he can go wherever he likes :)

georgemladenov

FFC Mariner said:
Agreed, Salley as a mean hard bastard in the middle to take over from Jedi

He is incredibly overated.

He looked incredibly out of his depth up against Gamba Osaka in the CWC Quarter Final. If we lose Jedi, we'd porbably need to look to the overseas transfer market to find an adequate replacement.

FFC Mariner

I'm not sure there are too many HAL players that wouldnt look out of their depth against a side like Gamba.

Jedi included TBH

marinersman

Agreed. I'm still in awe of Gamba. Their passing and movement is incredible. Amazed they only finished 8th in the J League. At this stage of his career, they'd be too slick for even our Jedi.

I'd like to see us get a top centre half to partner Bojic and move Wilko out to his best position, right back. Stringers is no longer an option in my opinion. In the absence of Elrich, Porter should be right midfield.

I wonder what will happen to Owens? He's on a two year deal isn't he? I love him and rate him highly and I hope he gets a new contract.

Can't see Gumps staying as Lawrie doesn't seem to rate him. I wouldn't be suprised if we have a few changes to our midfield for the ACL and next season. I actually think it's a bigger problem area than defence.

Rowdy

marinersman said:
Agreed. I'm still in awe of Gamba. Their passing and movement is incredible. Amazed they only finished 8th in the J League. At this stage of his career, they'd be too slick for even our Jedi.

I'd like to see us get a top centre half to partner Bojic and move Wilko out to his best position, right back. Stringers is no longer an option in my opinion. In the absence of Elrich, Porter should be right midfield.

I wonder what will happen to Owens? He's on a two year deal isn't he? I love him and rate him highly and I hope he gets a new contract.

Can't see Gumps staying as Lawrie doesn't seem to rate him. I wouldn't be suprised if we have a few changes to our midfield for the ACL and next season. I actually think it's a bigger problem area than defence.

I think you're wrong on Gumps, who's played the last 2 games for us, whereas Owens hasn't! despite being fit to play & scoring 2 goals, albeit in the Y-League, so I think it's Owens who Lawries not 'rating' at the moment.  ;)

Totally agree with you though about needing an absolute class, top shelf CB with loads of experience, if were to stand a chance in ACL & perhaps even win the GF if we can get one in time. Wilko does perform better at RB. I'm hoping Clarkie comes back in at RB against the Scum and Chicken to move up into RM.

marinersman

Rowdy, I haven't seen the youth team this season because my young bloke can't sit still through two games.

Are you saying Owens is over his injury? Obviously it's going to take him some time to be fit for HAL, but I thought maybe since he's still playing YL, he may still be working through his injury. If he's over it, I'd like to see him on the bench for the senior team.

I always had the feeling Lawrie liked Owens as a player but, I could be dead wrong.

Rowdy

He's got a hard task pushing for a midfield spot against the likes of:

Mile, Caceres, Porter (U), Hutchison, Gumps, Clarke (U) who I think will be back this week, Osman(U), Heff(U).....then Owens.

I have them in my order of preference for midfield spots/bench and the (U) is for Utility, in that they provide Lawrie with the option of Defender &/or Midfielder

Yes!..... 8) he could throw Heff into the Mid on the left as he decisively gave Heff time in the Y-League up front as "Striker"  :eek:  for the purpose imo to get his eye on goal and have a few chances at heading/hitting into the net preparing for the 'big-show'

Didn't include D'Puzzo as I believe Ossie showed as a better 2nd/3rd 'back-up' at LB than Puz after looking at both of their last performances respectively.

marinersman

I'm thinking past this season which means Osman and (probably) Jedi will be gone.

Would love to see sonic in midfield with his terrific engines. I don't think he's a great defender. I think he played up front in the NSL didn't he?

I would keep Gumps for another season but I'm not sure our coach loves him enough.

Jocwa08

http://aut.worldfootball.net/teams/central-coast-mariners/10/

im not sure if im tripping out but have these players played for the mariners as quoted on this website?

John Aloi$i  Australia  FW 05/02/1976
Steve Angelov  Australia  GK 30/09/1975

B
Michael Beauchamp  Australia  DF 08/03/1981
Steve Berry  Australia  MF 20/09/1968
Matthew Bingley  Australia  MF 16/08/1971
Pedj Bojic  Australia  DF 09/04/1984
Nigel Boogaard  Australia  DF 14/08/1986
Mark Bosnich  Australia  GK 13/01/1972
Oliver Bozanic  Australia  MF 08/01/1989
Pat Bradley  England  DF 27/04/1972
Damien Brown  Australia  MF 12/01/1975
Danny Burt  Australia  DF 16/11/1972

C
Adrian Cceres  Australia  MF 10/01/1982
Leo Carle  Australia  MF 06/06/1980
Alvin Ceccoli  Australia  DF 05/08/1974
Andrew Clark  Australia  DF 24/08/1974
John Crawley  Australia  GK 05/03/1972

D
David D'Apuzzo  Australia  DF 05/09/1988

E
Ahmad Elrich  Australia  MF 30/05/1981

F
Ian Ferguson  Scotland  MF 15/03/1967

G
Dez Giraldi  Australia  FW 24/03/1986
Andre Gumprecht  Germany  MF 26/12/1974

H
Troy Halpin  Australia  MF 17/08/1973
Dean Heffernan  Australia  DF 19/05/1980
James Holland  Australia  MF 15/05/1989
Jason Holmes  Australia  GK 25/03/1974
John Hutchinson  Australia  MF 29/12/1979

J
Mile Jedinak  Australia  MF 03/08/1984

K
Adam Kwasnik  Australia  FW 31/05/1983

L
Matthew Lowe  Australia  MF 23/11/1973

M
Dylan Macallister  Australia  FW 17/05/1982
Josh Maguire  Australia  MF 22/09/1980
Ian McAndrew  Australia  DF 23/02/1989
Liam McGuire  Australia  FW 05/02/1976
Jamie McMaster  Australia  MF 29/11/1982
Andrea Merenda  Italy  MF 10/06/1977
Josh Mitchell  Australia  DF 20/06/1984
James Monie  Australia  FW 18/11/1982
Damian Mori  Australia  FW 30/09/1970
Phil Moss  Australia  DF 05/10/1971
Nick Mrdja  Australia  FW 30/11/1978

N
Matthew Nash  Australia  GK 03/04/1981

O
Paul O'Grady  Australia  DF 06/11/1978
Wayne O'Sullivan  Ireland  MF 25/02/1974
Matthew Osman  Australia  MF 29/07/1983
Greg Owens  Australia  MF 27/01/1981

P
Stewart Petrie  Scotland  FW 27/02/1970
Sasho Petrovski  Australia  FW 05/03/1975
Tom Pondeljak  Australia  MF 08/01/1976
Bradley Porter  Australia  MF 19/02/1987
Mitchell Prentice  Australia  MF 02/03/1983
Ilija Prenzoski  Australia  MF 07/08/1978

R
Andrew Redmayne  Australia  GK 13/01/1989
Peter Ritchie  Australia  MF 22/11/1977

S
Joey Schirripa  Australia  DF 09/10/1982
Matt Simon  Australia  FW 22/01/1986
Brady Smith  Australia  FW 10/08/1989
Damien Smith  Australia  MF 26/04/1973
Noel Spencer  Australia  MF 26/07/1977
Glenn Sprod  Australia  MF 02/05/1974

T
Chris Tadrosse  Australia  MF 10/09/1985
Joel Theissen  Australia  MF 12/08/1985
Scott Thomas  Australia  MF 19/08/1974
Vuko Tomasevic  Australia  DF 13/05/1980
Matthew Trott  Australia  GK 09/06/1985

V
Jess Vanstrattan  Australia  GK 19/07/1982
Tony Vidmar  Australia  DF 04/07/1970
Danny Vukovic  Australia  GK 27/03/1985

W
Doug West  Australia  DF 17/08/1978
Alex Wilkinson  Australia  DF 13/08/1984
Michael Williams  Australia  MF 26/04/1975
Gary Wilson  Australia  MF 01/04/1971
Russell Woodruffe  Australia  FW 08/11/1985

Rowdy

Jocwa08 said:
http://aut.worldfootball.net/teams/central-coast-mariners/10/

Matthew Bingley  Australia  MF 16/08/1971
Nigel Boogaard  Australia  DF 14/08/1986
Ian Ferguson  Scotland  MF 15/03/1967
Troy Halpin  Australia  MF 17/08/1973
Josh Maguire  Australia  MF 22/09/1980
Mitchell Prentice  Australia  MF 02/03/1983
Ilija Prenzoski  Australia  MF 07/08/1978
Joey Schirripa  Australia  DF 09/10/1982
Joel Theissen  Australia  MF 12/08/1985
Scott Thomas  Australia  MF 19/08/1974

All the above played for Central Coast United in the clubs final year, others such as James Monie, Jess Van Stratten were former Central Coast Coasties players and I assume the rest also played for the Coast or came from it.

Website appears to have done a search on Central Coast players NOT Mariners & then lazily listed  ::)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred