• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2008/09 Season

Andy

Some people may think it is perhaps a bit too early to start one of these threads, but with negotiations and rumours floating about, I thought it was important to start this thread.

#1)
#2)Matt Simon
#3)Paul O'Grady
#4)David D'Apuzzo
#5)Brad Porter
#6)Andre Gumprecht
#7)John Hutchinson
#8)Dean Heffernan
#9)Nik Mrdja
#10)Adrian Caceres
#11)Dylan MacAllister
#12)Greg Owens
#13)
#14)
#15)Andrew Clark
#16)Nigel Boogard
#17)Matthew Osman
#18)Alex Wilkinson
#19)
#20)Danny Vukovic
#21)Ahmad Elrich
#22)Sasho Petrovski
#23)Mile Jedinak
#30)Andrew Redmayne
#??)
#??)
#??)

Players in Bold are off-contract at the end of this season.

Bear

I believe some players have already re-signed, but as is the mariners style, I believe these will be announced at different times in the off season, to build interest for the season coming, and to keep people interested.

brett

I heard Nik will play Lightning so he should stay if that goes well.

Ceccoli, Viddie, Gumps, to leave. McAndrew likely to stay as youth squad player.

Aloisi - maybe?
Vukovic - might get picked up O/S?
Browny/Clarky - probably a year or two more as squad players but might hang up boots or get the chop?
Tommy - The only other 'maybe' if Lawrie decides his wage would be better spent elsewhere but I think he's played himself into a new contract.

Other than that we should keep the rest with no foreseeable drama.

This is for the senior squad - next season's youth competition will throw up a possibility of another 10 places, or some other structure that we don't know of yet.

We will need to sign wide players in midfield and defence and no strikers, a complete reverse of last season when all we wanted were strikers.

Andy

brett said:
I heard Nik will play Lightning so he should stay if that goes well.

Ceccoli, Viddie, Gumps, McAndrew to leave.

Aloisi - maybe?
Vukovic - might get picked up O/S?
Browny/Clarky - probably a year or two more as squad players but might hang up boots or get the chop?
Tommy - The only other 'maybe' if Lawrie decides his wage would be better spent elsewhere but I think he's played himself into a new contract.

Other than that we should keep the rest with no foreseeable drama.

This is for the senior squad - next season's youth competition will throw up a possibility of another 10 places, or some other structure that we don't know of yet.

We will need to sign wide players in midfield and defence and no strikers, a complete reverse of last season when all we wanted were strikers.

A couple of people on the Sydney forum have mentioned us negotiating with Adrian Caceres.

brett

I'd be happy with Caceres. Seems undervalued and underused by Ernie. We've also been linked with Bertos before, I wonder if that will come back up.

Tassiemariner

Definately re-sign
Jedinak
Aloisi
Vukovic
Pondeljak
Osman
Simon
Porter

Not Sure yet
Gumps (Sad to see him leave but with us having so many central midfielders i think his time has come)
Redmayne/Mcandrew (haven't seen enough of them personally and will they be under 20 players next year?)
Mrdja (With a HUGE season with the lightning then yes if no big season on your bike son.)
Clark (I want him re-signed as a Conditioning coach but in terms of playing ranks not sure.)

Not resign
Brown (A-league standard has caught up with him unforunately)
Vidmar (Old age, Coaching job please)
Ceccoli (well he's only short term signing anyway)

To Buy
Out and out Left and Right Midfield - Caceras/Bertos would be ok and Jimmy Downey is good going forward.
Right Back - What right backs are off-contract this season.
Young Left Back
Youth Team

I can only see 4-5 players leaving as what happened last season. We have a great core squad and don't need to sign some brazzilian import.
I'd like at least one team to buy a quality Asian player this off-season too

Jaza_SFC

brett said:
next season's youth competition will throw up a possibility of another 10 places, or some other structure that we don't know of yet.

Prolly pushed back a year it seems

Deej

I think we can just about assume Brown and Gumps will go, Viddie I believe will retire and I don't think we'll get Ceccoli considering we have Heff.

Aloisi - will come down to money, does he want to return home? Or will Galaxy get a team and offer big money?

Danny - perhaps 1 more year?

Tommy will re-sign (has a clause in his current contract I believe)

Jedinak has been linked to Sydney but if they get Colosimo and re-sign Talay I believe he will stay with us.

Clarky 1 more year probably given he's fitness coach and played very well in recent weeks.

Youngsters will re-sign plus we'll need 1 more, Matty Simon deserves a 1 or 2 year deal, Smitta perhaps 1 more, still has some work to do but is a handy back up, and Matty Osman without a doubt deserves a new contract after his start to the year.

Then we have Mr Nik Mrdja..........what do you do with him? Let him go? Give him a chance at Lightning to prove his fitness? or offer a deal based on his early season form? Personally I say go to Lightning and prove your fitness.....if there is ANY doubt on his knees condition then let him go!

Matty Osman I think has shown he can be our regular RB, with Clark and Boogs as possible cover I think we're ok there........but out wide and a creative midfielder would be great.......if there's no Aloisi and no Mrdja then we'll need 2 quality strikers!

jaypee

We definately need another creative midfielder who can unlock defences and put the ball on a plate for whoever is upfront.

Hey lets start another rumor about Al night Dwight....

If JA stays we just need someone who can get it to him, Tommy, Jedi and Hutch in the mid with someone who can create.

G'day boys! I'm a pom, to cut a long story short, my mum is holidaying in oz, and i asked her to get me the footy shirt of the local a-league team, which is the marinators, so i've joined the forum, to find out abit more about this quality club.  Any details can you please leave me a message.  Come on the boys!!!!

northernspirit

welcome to the forums pom :p
just to correct you the team is called the Central Coast Mariners, the supporter group who chant and arrange tifos are called the Marinators ;)

Were currently top of the table but only by 1 point with 2 rounds to go, the official club website is ccmariners.com.au

cheers

C

curious

Jaza_SFC said:
brett said:
next season's youth competition will throw up a possibility of another 10 places, or some other structure that we don't know of yet.

Prolly pushed back a year it seems
You have any info links on that jaza?

pjennings

DJ said:
I think we can just about assume Brown and Gumps will go, Viddie I believe will retire and I don't think we'll get Ceccoli considering we have Heff.

Aloisi - will come down to money, does he want to return home? Or will Galaxy get a team and offer big money?

Danny - perhaps 1 more year?

Tommy will re-sign (has a clause in his current contract I believe)

Jedinak has been linked to Sydney but if they get Colosimo and re-sign Talay I believe he will stay with us.

Clarky 1 more year probably given he's fitness coach and played very well in recent weeks.

Youngsters will re-sign plus we'll need 1 more, Matty Simon deserves a 1 or 2 year deal, Smitta perhaps 1 more, still has some work to do but is a handy back up, and Matty Osman without a doubt deserves a new contract after his start to the year.

Then we have Mr Nik Mrdja..........what do you do with him? Let him go? Give him a chance at Lightning to prove his fitness? or offer a deal based on his early season form? Personally I say go to Lightning and prove your fitness.....if there is ANY doubt on his knees condition then let him go!

Matty Osman I think has shown he can be our regular RB, with Clark and Boogs as possible cover I think we're ok there........but out wide and a creative midfielder would be great.......if there's no Aloisi and no Mrdja then we'll need 2 quality strikers!

I agree with most of DJ comments with one exception. I would ask Smitta to play for Lightning as well. I don't think I would sign him as RB and he hasn't had a chance to prove himself in midfield. He's no longer an under 20 and I don't think we have seen enough of him yet.

Cheers for correcting me northernspirit

i believe the next game is the "F3" derby? is that right??
Where can i find some of the songs that we sing during the matches

pjennings

That's fine - but I haven't seen enough of him in that role. McAndrew has an U20 spot so that is fine. Smitta needs to be able to do the job in midfield. Can he? I'm yet to see it - but would love him to rip it up for Lightning first.  

northernspirit

englishmariner14 said:
Cheers for correcting me northernspirit

i believe the next game is the "F3" derby? is that right??
Where can i find some of the songs that we sing during the matches
no worries mate, yes the F3 is the road that connects the Central Coast to Newcastle so hence the name, the same road also connects Sydney with both the Central Coast and Newcastle but the real derby is the Central Coast v Newcastle (also known as scum around these parts ;) ). The population of the Central Coast and Newcastle are similar, obviously Sydney is about 10x bigger... i tried looking on our old forum for some chants but couldnt find them, our strip is yellow so alot of chants around that theme, chants youd know as their often derived from english chants

Top man, you've been a big help!!
My friend has decided to become a scum fan (for some banter between us) why do they call us gypsies?
Do you follow the english premiership much? if so which team do you support?
My mum has bought me CCM shirt, cant wait to start wearing it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred