• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2008/09 Season

midfielder

Bearinator said:
So instead of signing one of the best trialists the club has ever seen, we sign Tadrosse.

Hmm

A bit more for you .........

Lecco defender Andrea Merenda is set for trials with Central Coast Mariners.
Mariners boss Lawrie McKinna told the Sydney Morning Herald: "Merenda is a former Italian under-20,
http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=node/201138

Andrea Federico Merenda
team: Gualdo
birth date: 6/10/77
birth place: Milano
birth Nation: Italy
nationality: Italy
position: defender
http://www.babylon.com/definition/Andrea_Federico_Merenda/English

from  Ole Ole but you need to register to get the details in full

http://www.oleole.com/player/andreamerenda/pl1ab9.html

Bex

Danny's signing seems to go against the general opinion on the forum where he was likely to head overseas sooner rather than later. I guess the suspension has been a spanner in the works, but if he were seriously looking for more overseas in the recent past wouldn't you think he would have held off just a little until he got some games under his belt again and tested the water overseas before signing a 2 year deal with the Mariners?

Anyway, great news for us; both Danny and Pedj that is.

bulldogmariner

Danny signing then heads overseas gives us a transfer fee. We make a lot of money out of that.
Sydney should have done the same with Milligan but they are not so smart either is clubless Mark i guess.

bikinigirl

bulldogmariner said:
Danny signing then heads overseas gives us a transfer fee. We make a lot of money out of that.

. was thinking the same thing

. danny has said he is in no rush to head overseas (prompted a little by the recent 'playing pause' no doubt). probably won't hurt his socceroos ambitions either, especially if he we manages to stem the flow of goals against ... and as a young 'keeper has time on his side

. he also said he would like to repay the mariners for their faith & support, so a big transfer fee will help there (and milligan's situation may make him nervous about doing the same)

. don't know what this means for bozza's yellow future though?

. and  :thumbup: to ledj too

midfielder

Looks like Wilko & Clarky are going to resign

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24478206-23215,00.html

McKinna keen to retain duo

By John Taylor

October 11, 2008

NOW that goalkeeper Danny Vukovic has committed himself to the Central Coast Mariners for next year's Asian Champions League, coach Lawrie McKinna is moving swiftly to tie up new deals for Andrew Clark and captain Alex Wilkinson.

Clark may not be one of the bigger names at the Mariners but he's crucial to the club in his dual role as player and sports psychologist.

McKinna plans to sit down and rack Adelaide coach Aurelio Vidmar's brains once the Reds complete their amazing run in this year's ACL.

Adelaide hold a three-goal lead after the first leg semi-final against Uzbek team Kuruvchi and are now just 90 minutes away from meeting either Urawa Reds or Gamba Osaka in the final.

"I see no reason Viddy (Vidmar) and his players can't handle the return leg and qualify for the final," McKinna said.

"Viddy has proved that Australian coaches can match it with the best (ones like Zico) and that the A-League teams are just as good as those on budgets 10 times as much.

"We'll be playing teams from Japan, China and Korea in the first round (mid-March) and I'll be meeting with Viddy to discuss the preparations.

"That's why I want Clarky fixed up. He looks after our fitness program and he's the one who'll be responsible for diets when we travel.

"Adelaide have really opened up everyone's eyes in the ACL and we want to do everything right to achieve as well."

bikinigirl

midfielder said:
Looks like Wilko & Clarky are going to resign

. re-sign! there is a bit of a difference - threw me for a second  ;)

midfielder said:
Clark may not be one of the bigger names at the Mariners but he's crucial to the club in his dual role as player and sports psychologist.

. geez is there anything he doesn't do?  ???

swarey

Bearinator said:
Any news on Mr Andrea Merenda?

Anyone?

Found this in an article from SMH about Cullina...

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/national/national/sport/culina-a-target-for-new-gold-coast-side/1332534.aspx

Another player rumoured to be headed north is Central Coast striker Sasho Petrovski, who has flagged his interest in being sounded out by the incoming clubs. However, the Mariners are desperately keen to keep a hold of the former Sydney FC frontman. Manager Lawrie McKinna denied speculation Petrovski had rejected the club's first offer, saying no deal had materialised as yet.

"He's wanted by the club and he wants to stay at the club. He's doing very well and is having his best season for probably quite a while," McKinna said yesterday. "He's been very consistent. We're keen to keep him and [executive chairman] Lyall Gorman's talking with his agent now."

The Mariners could also face competition from the new Queensland clubs for their young captain Alex Wilkinson, out of contract in eight months and reported to have been sounded out about a move.

One player on the verge of joining the Central Coast line-up is experienced Italian defender Andrea Merenda, with the coach hoping to seal the deal before Sunday's home game against Wellington Phoenix.

Bex

From the Tribal Football interview (see the "Andrea Merenda who is he" thread - or tribal football for that matter), he sounds like a decent family man who likes the Mariners spirit and lifestyle. Not sounding that 'ard to me.

Razorback

Yeah just read it! Your probably right there Bex..

But if he breaks sackwackers leg in couple of weeks then is suspended for the last 3 weeks it will be all worth it.

marinermick

Central Coast Mariners
Media Release
Wednesday, 15 October

Forza Mariners after Merenda signs on for Italian job

The Central Coast Mariners have today added versatile Italian import Andrea Merenda to their playing roster for a six-round playing stint the European journeyman signed on as cover for long-term injury concern Ahmad Elrich for the coming two months pending an international clearance and final approval from Football Federation Australia.

Merenda, 31, has been in training with the Mariners for the past month after completing the 2007/08 Italian Serie C1 campaign with Calcio Lecco, an historic club from the north of Italy once coached by the manager that took Italy to Euro 2008 Roberto Donadoni.

Born in Milan, Merenda has come to Australia seeking a fresh football challenge after 16 seasons in his home country that has included stints at nine clubs across various divisions peaking with six seasons in the third-tier Serie C1, a division that once pitted Merenda against current Qantas Socceroo Carl Valeri.

Merenda, who is equally at home in defence or midfield, will not be eligible for selection for the Mariners Hyundai A-League clash against the Wellington Phoenix at Bluetongue Stadium on Sunday, but may soon feature in upcoming National Youth League and Hyundai A-League fixtures.

"Weve enjoyed Andreas presence at our club for the past month or so and have been most impressed with his character and football ability during such time," said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

"With such extensive football experience in Italy, Andrea offers us something very different to what weve had previously and that excites us greatly hes fitted in superbly with our playing group and, given the chance, Im certain that he can make a positive mark on the Hyundai A-League."

Merendas signing, albeit on a short-term basis, is a significant one for the Mariners, who up until todays announcement had yet to engage the services of a foreign player made available from abroad.

Though the Mariners have German-born midfielder Andre Gumprecht on their books at present and were once home to Scotsman Stewart Petrie and Wayne OSullivan from the Republic of Ireland each of the aforementioned had established playing reputations in Australia before signing on with the yellow and navy.

Indeed, should Merenda make an appearance in the Hyundai A-League during his stay on the Central Coast, he will become just the second Italian player to have contributed to the new era of football in Australia, behind former Sydney FC guest player Benito Carbone, who made a three-match cameo in 2006.

"Im very happy, I feel very good in this group, all the players are very nice to me, the coach, the staff and the club," said Merenda.

"I said to my agent in Italy that Id like to have an experience in Australia if that is possible, I hope to have a good experience here and I feel really good in this place.

"The Mariners team I think is a very good team, here things are good because you always try to have a smile on your face, but work hard, I think this team can do very, very well."

24. Andrea Merenda

Date of Birth 10 June 1977
Place of Birth Milan, Italy
Height 181cm
Weight 75kg

Playing History
2007/08 Calcio Lecco (Italy), Serie C1
2006/07 ASD Santarcangelo (Italy), Serie D
2005/06 US Poggibonsi (Italy), Serie C2
2004/05 AC Mantova (Italy), Serie C1
2004/05 Casale (Italy), Serie C2
2003/04 AC Mantova (Italy), Serie C2
2003/04 Belluno (Italy), Serie C2
2002/03 AC Mantova (Italy), Serie C2
2001/02 Usmate (Italy) Serie D
2000/01 Gualdo Calcio (Italy), Serie C2
1999/00 Gualdo Calcio (Italy), Serie C1
1998/99 Gualdo Calcio (Italy), Serie C1
1997/98 AS Pro Sesto (Italy), Serie C2
1996/97 AS Pro Sesto (Italy), Serie C2
1995/96 AS Pro Sesto (Italy), Serie C1
1994/95 AS Pro Sesto (Italy), Serie C1

The Mariners Hyundai A-League 2008/09 campaign continues at Bluetongue Stadium on Sunday, 19 October, when they host the Wellington Phoenix in Round 8. Kick off is at 3pm.

Tickets for this match are on sale from Ticketek outlets, from the Ticketek website www.ticketek.com.au, or via phone on 132 849.

Ends

loyalist

marinermick said:
Forza Mariners after Merenda signs on for Italian job
wub.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members