• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozhammer

It will rise again!
It needs to happen quick smart in truth though, we cannot be the only team in the league with no active support, as that’s a poor look.

Given that our crowd has never been the most vocal, the loss of active support driving something in the stadium is really noticeable.

As fans we all need to play our part in getting behind the team’s efforts this season. Simply buying a ticket and sitting in your seat isn’t enough but that’s what many in the crowd seem to do unfortunately.

Reactions: adz

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Getting numbers into bay 16 has been a big challenge since the days of the Marinators. Tge Central Coast just doesn't seem to be big on active support..... Thanks to priorpeter for your efforts. You've certainly earned the right to sit there in a non active bay now :) I'm interstate but grateful for your efforts

Forum Phoenix

Agree with all that’s been said. Well done in the clubs toughest period Pete and co.

OH is right though, but It’s hard isn’t it, we’re a family club and we skew older too.

Active supports always heavily skew male and young. We just don’t have huge volumes of that demographic.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
How about a person( maybe a CCM staffer) who revs the crowd up over the ground P.A, Ive seen similar at MVV games even though the Actives were there

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Mind you a few dozen in the railway side top deck the other day did get a Mariners chant going
P.S
That’s me shot down 4 times since I got up...I’m going back to bed

adz

Staff member
Not having a good day Recky haha, don't let that stop you making suggestions though.

The disappointing thing for me is when there is no leader, everyone just sits down and is quiet... don't think we had to have a specific leader in the early days, people just wandered into the bay, stood, chanted, etc.

Edit - also a bit off topic for here so if this is a discussion to be had, maybe start another thread?

Josho Howe

Couldn't agree more with active support having to be organic. Trying to force IT onto people just drives them away. We don't want to be in a position where chants are piped through the PA. (This actually happened at Spotless during one of our away games against WSW)

midfielder

Shaun

I wish to share with you a little meeting in a coffee shop in Ettalong.

By accident there were four people who knew each other, and also who are members and most for a number of years.

Also be aware, each member went with their partner and often some others… essentially hard core rusted on…

It turns out we all ordered our renewal’s in the week before our first home game.

We all wanted to see and improvement and believed we had.

None of us will be back next year, if things don’t change.

Further, I have been around Football for a long time and feel quite sad with the hole we are in right now after a 3 years civil war…. I honestly feel we are letting down Football as well is how I see it …

Shaun, MC needs to understand he needs to spend get some decent players in otherwise next year will be a wipe out … five years of let down will take it’s toll.

scottmac

Suspended
Shaun

By accident there were four people who knew each other, and also who are members and most for a number of years.

Also be aware, each member went with their partner and often some others… essentially hard core rusted on…

It turns out we all ordered our renewal’s in the week before our first home game.

Further, I have been around Football for a long time and feel quite sad with the hole we are in right now after a 3 years civil war…. I honestly feel we are letting down Football as well is how I see it …

Shaun, MC needs to understand he needs to spend get some decent players in otherwise next year will be a wipe out … five years of let down will take it’s toll.
Mate he did spend. Considerably more than he ever has. You can't just threaten to withdraw if he doesn't spend. As you can see it's more than that. Something is not right. The midfield players we had last year like Tom have completely dropped off the radar. Something is amiss with the game plan. This is not a player fault it's a coaching fault. They have not been prepared for Aleague football at all. We have not much of a game plan going forward. I put this at Mulveys feet.

Ancient Mariner

Shaun

FFS fire up and demand results.

Threatening to take your bat and ball and go home is not the way to fix things.

Get in shaun's ear, get in Mulvey's ear. Tell them it is not good enough. But threatening to go home sounds like a bunch of whinging poms.

Join the active support, talk to players in the street and offer support.

Don't let this club die, get stuck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred