• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey everyone

It has been a while since I have been on here able to say hi in what has been the most fascinating pre-season that I have seen from any A-League team ever. It is exciting to now be getting into the season where it all matters and we have a great forecast for a tremendous day at our beautiful stadium tomorrow. As with every year we have been working hard through the off season to make sure our match day is bigger and better than ever.

Tomorrow there will be plenty of familiar faces in the stands, on the pitch and on the bench. There will also be plenty of new faces and I for one am excited to see Mike Mulvey and Nick Montgomery enjoy their first home game as coaches for our great club. Here is an awesome opportunity to show them that all our members are right behind them and ready to play our part as the 12th man to get the boys across the line and claim 3 points.

There will be some new things members will notice that we have added to the match day in what we hope sets the tone for a very successful season ahead. We have a new pre-match plan with two key initiatives, Palm Tree Parade and our relocated pre-match function even includes Happy Half-hour beers. The “Palm Tree Parade” is being trialled as our new precinct instead of Dane Drive. The stalls and activations that are normally rushed onto the road and then removed really quick have been relocated to the pathway underneath the palm trees so that we can do more, do better and run them for longer.

The Palm Tree Parade will also connect into an early gate entry time for members. Instead of waiting in the bustling crowd on Dane drive with all the away fans and ticket holders, members will be able to get into the venue early and join me and some special guests at our pre-match function being held to the western warm up field. Tomorrow members can enter the stadium at 4pm under the bridge to avoid the crowds and enjoy a members special of $5 beers for the “Happy Half-hour” – there will be activations and interviews, well worth coming early to meet up with the non-playing players and get some insight from the coaching staff on what the team is planning for the match. We hope that this can turn into something special and replaces the bowling club’s activations from the last couple of seasons.

Of course every year our search for a permanent walk out song continues so there will be some fresh sounds blasting through the stadiums upgraded speakers. This year we have selected a specific combination of two tunes to fire everyone up at the start of the game. Members will know that the game is about to kick off when a trumpeted tune of Fanfare for the Common Man is played. This track was selected to be an attention grabbing moment on match days when everyone knows that the players are about to take the field – at some big matches we may even look to have this played live to add to the moment. There is plenty of history behind this tune and for us it is intended to signal the start of a new era, a new narrative, a new moment when the line in the sand has been drawn (sound familiar?)

Immediately following this we have selected a new fresh modern rock tune to pump everyone up from the players to the fans. The song is called “Mantra” by a band called Bring me the Horizon. It is loud, this is hard and this is aimed to get everyone fired up. The words to the song are about changing someones normal practice, it is aimed to challenge the system or “curriculum”. There is a key line that the “truth will set you free” which we have gravitated to because there is some synergies here for us this season, I will try and get a link up of our exact clip as we have a special edit version we are using this season. Discussion around our walk out song will forever rage on and after years of polls, votes and feedback it is clear to us it is somewhat impossible to please everyone so we went with something new and energetic for this season.

Also new for us this year is we have picked up a couple things we liked through the off season trials and key matches last year. Tomorrow we will have the DJ back in action and the cannon also moves in front of the Yellow Army with some yellow and navy smoke display on walk out. We won’t always have these additions but have flagged our key matches for the season to bring the extras to life on match day as part of the entertainment. I definitely look forward to hearing our original “Who do you sing for” chant and seeing the band take their lap around the stadium tomorrow.

Of course those who attended the back end of last year will know that our new big screen is in play and has been a great improvement for everyone to experience.

It will be noticeable that we have picked up a whole range of new sponsors to the family this year. It is great that joining our loyal partners such as Masterfoods, Telstra, Booths, SeaFM, IFTS, Collaborative and many more I would like to welcome our new partners and upgraded partners for the season. Starting with our new co-major in State Roads on front of our away jersey we also have Pinnacle (Sapphire Apartments) who are on the shorts and sleeve this year, also joining them on the kit is McDonalds and DMC who make sure our 2018/19 kits is full of sponsors. Also new to the sponsor family this year is the Gatorade, Australian College of Sport, Ideal Future, Realty.com, CKDS Architecture, Dyson logistics, Raine & Horne Commercial, Cherry Solar, Café Expresso, Ezy Breezy Cleaning, CCTS, Job Centre Australia and the Total Party Shop,

So I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at the pre-match function for a Happy Half Hour special after you have all gone through the new Palm Tree Parade

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hey everyone....... Palm Tree Parade
This is fantastic. I do think that it's important that HAL matches become more of an 'event', so I think it's great that the club are trying out this stuff to engage the fans. Makes me really wish I didn't live in another state!
Loving the hard work constantly done by yourself and the other club staff to get this stuff off the ground.
I've always thought that we have a unique game-day atmosphere around stadium. Something that the other grounds i've been to don't offer, and the club has always worked on capitalising that.
It's hard to say if that sort of thing has helped keep the numbers up or not, but it's a great environment anyway.

Offsider

This is fantastic. I do think that it's important that HAL matches become more of an 'event', so I think it's great that the club are trying out this stuff to engage the fans. Makes me really wish I didn't live in another state!
Loving the hard work constantly done by yourself and the other club staff to get this stuff off the ground.
I've always thought that we have a unique game-day atmosphere around stadium. Something that the other grounds i've been to don't offer, and the club has always worked on capitalising that.
It's hard to say if that sort of thing has helped keep the numbers up or not, but it's a great environment anyway.

I would second that ........... also from somebody that doesn’t attend the home games. I enjoy the layback demeanour of our fans as the cameras search around the ground, the band playing is fabulous I wish there was more time spent with them. Not all xtreme fan behaviour is great ........ it works for melb and syd but not the coast or tv.
The old saying of look after the pennys and the pounds will look after themselves will always ring true. Dot the i’s and cross the t’s will win out in the end and draw the right people back to gameday ........... :wub:I also felt the urge to nearly wanting to go down to the game.:overheadl:

Tevor

I would second that ........... also from somebody that doesn’t attend the home games. I enjoy the layback demeanour of our fans as the cameras search around the ground, the band playing is fabulous I wish there was more time spent with them. Not all xtreme fan behaviour is great ........ it works for melb and syd but not the coast or tv.
The old saying of look after the pennys and the pounds will look after themselves will always ring true. Dot the i’s and cross the t’s will win out in the end and draw the right people back to gameday ........... :wub:I also felt the urge to nearly wanting to go down to the game.:overheadl:
How come you don’t go Offy?

Offsider

How come you don’t go Offy?

The pension doesn’t stretch to feed two great danes and have a social life. I did try to go to a game venue but was soon deterred by the drunken behaviour and the boring saddle comments.
I get good value from the fox $ and the added bonus of not having to park my unicorn :cheers:

Tevor

The pension doesn’t stretch to feed two great danes and have a social life. I did try to go to a game venue but was soon deterred by the drunken behaviour and the boring saddle comments.
I get good value from the fox $ and the added bonus of not having to park my unicorn :cheers:
Understand, we fund my Father In Law's membership otherwise he wouldn't be able to go either.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Goodonya Shaun
have to say im digging the sound of the iniatives ...BUT...not sure about cannon placement, Im sure its all been measured out and whatever but what if a ball bounces off it back into play and the officials miss it and a goal is scored ....or am i just a old worry wart
;)

style_cafe

What part of the coast are you on Offy, maybe we could organise something...:popcorn:

gull

There will be some new things members will notice that we have added to the match day in what we hope sets the tone for a very successful season ahead. We have a new pre-match plan with two key initiatives, Palm Tree Parade and our relocated pre-match function even includes Happy Half-hour beers. The “Palm Tree Parade” is being trialled as our new precinct instead of Dane Drive. The stalls and activations that are normally rushed onto the road and then removed really quick have been relocated to the pathway underneath the palm trees so that we can do more, do better and run them for longer.

The Palm Tree Parade will also connect into an early gate entry time for members. Instead of waiting in the bustling crowd on Dane drive with all the away fans and ticket holders, members will be able to get into the venue early and join me and some special guests at our pre-match function being held to the western warm up field. Tomorrow members can enter the stadium at 4pm under the bridge to avoid the crowds and enjoy a members special of $5 beers for the “Happy Half-hour” – there will be activations and interviews, well worth coming early to meet up with the non-playing players and get some insight from the coaching staff on what the team is planning for the match. We hope that this can turn into something special and replaces the bowling club’s activations from the last couple of seasons.

Hi Shaun,

Just wanted to say that letting the members in earlier was terrific, thank you. Really made us feel special as members walking past the queue ands strolling in!

The whole change with the palm tree parade and pre match was excellent, and was a very positive lead in to the game. I didn't get to sample the happy hour beers this time, but will certainly be trying them out next time .

I also didn't hate the build up music which has absolutely been the case in the past (that Elvis song was dire...).

One bit of feedback however is the general talk / music in the build up. I took two new people to the match and while we were sitting next to each other it was almost impossible talk over the constant noise. Perhaps the volume can go down a little in the future?

All in all a great day, and shame that we couldn't hold on for the win, but a good point anyway.

Wombat

Hi Shaun,

Great initiatives but can you do something about the active support? Maybe give Pete Prior a Hyundai to bring him out of retirement. Otherwise we wont hear "who do you sing for"....but rather...... "who do you sit in silence for?"

The atmosphere is a key factor in our game.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The new song wasn’t too bad...BUT ....I still got my dose of AleStorm , so I was happy
#YouAreAPirate

Offsider

Hi Shaun,

Great initiatives but can you do something about the active support? Maybe give Pete Prior a Hyundai to bring him out of retirement. Otherwise we wont hear "who do you sing for"....but rather...... "who do you sit in silence for?"

Also ............ remind fox that different teams have different ways of expressing their support and when a goal is scored cross to the bloody cannon .......... not as a bit of promotion clip material in the closing.:redcard:

priorpeter

Hi Shaun,

I thought about it last night, but I genuinely just don’t have it in me anymore! It legitimately takes a hell of a lot of energy to try and keep everyone revved up for the whole 90 mins and the last couple of seasons I haven’t been able to deliver at 100%. If I can’t give 100% in leading the active, how can I expect to bring out 100% of everyone else’s passion and support? Also I think bay 16 has heard more than enough of me yelling at them over the last 8 years.
I’ve spoken to a few of the young lads coming through who weren’t there yesterday, hoping to see something up and running next week.

Tevor

Probably the first game since we beat SFC last season we really needed some active support. I hope some lads can get something organised as it was very quiet at times.

Michael

I thought about it last night, but I genuinely just don’t have it in me anymore! It legitimately takes a hell of a lot of energy to try and keep everyone revved up for the whole 90 mins and the last couple of seasons I haven’t been able to deliver at 100%. If I can’t give 100% in leading the active, how can I expect to bring out 100% of everyone else’s passion and support? Also I think bay 16 has heard more than enough of me yelling at them over the last 8 years.
I’ve spoken to a few of the young lads coming through who weren’t there yesterday, hoping to see something up and running next week.

You and the other guys that have run our active support over the years did an excellent job through all the crap on and off the pitch. You deserve a break. You deserve to sit back, enjoy a beer and hopefully enjoy a competitive football team this season.
It boils my piss when people rag on you when there isn’t any. Others need to step up.

adz

Staff member

You did a great job leading the bay, especially over the last few seasons. Just a shame it seems to have all died off now.

Josho Howe

You and the other guys that have run our active support over the years did an excellent job through all the crap on and off the pitch. You deserve a break. You deserve to sit back, enjoy a beer and hopefully enjoy a competitive football team this season.
It boils my piss when people rag on you when there isn’t any. Others need to step up.
Amen, couldn't have said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred