• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offsider

Mate he did spend. Considerably more than he ever has. You can't just threaten to withdraw if he doesn't spend. As you can see it's more than that. Something is not right. The midfield players we had last year like Tom have completely dropped off the radar. Something is amiss with the game plan. This is not a player fault it's a coaching fault. They have not been prepared for Aleague football at all. We have not much of a game plan going forward. I put this at Mulveys feet.

To my mind the problem started with the early recruitment and squad plan. Trying to spread the $’s too thin and picking up players that would have been effective if the other teams had maintained there status quo. But they didn’t. As per mc’s release of extra cash it was too late. The squad was mostly in place with people full of hope for a professional contract and experienced players getting shunted from their postions in the league and having another ride on the merry-go-round......... a last chance dance.

Mm’s sentiments of rebuilding the glory days .......... lumbered him with two duds. Trying to impact them in the squad is a bloody disaster. If you have an appliance run on batteries ........... and one of the batteries fails .............. you are better of replacing both, as the old battery will reduce the power in the new battery to a balanced level. It also happens in teams ....... you are only as strong as your weakest link.......... blah blah blah.

Mm needs to jettison the crap and old culture and play the promising team to form their own new culture. Start by playing people in their right positions......... give them a chance.

With this squad the only game plan that I can see is park the bus and hit on the break.......... it suits the players we have.

Insertnamehere

Well the plan to run the club in to the ground to force a license relocation or sale is going great :tinfoilhat:
I've actually started to believe it's true. After he squeezed the other shareholders out it's lurched from bad to worse. We've not seen nor heard from anyone at the club. We got knocked back on a W league team twice. We've won 2? games in 35?
Fox don't seem to cover our games fully and they're paying the bills.
It's all circumstantial but plenty of people go to prison on the strength of circumstantial evidence

Big Al

What do you want him to say. We are stuck with Mulvey who everyone wanted.
We can’t afford to sack him and Mulvey will sue like Roar.

Shaun hired him.

Also they are all responsible for the squad signings.

They are also responsible for the Bolt mess.

Apart from saying we stuffed up there is nothing he can say

Rowdy

What do you want him to say. We are stuck with Mulvey who everyone wanted.

Not buying that, in that 'everyone wanted him'.

Mulvey was talked about in the speculations on candidates but like all the others 'speculated' there wasn't anyone who stood out as an out'n'out 'fan favourite'.

He came from the un-aspiring Thai League, hardly succesful, prev sacked from Brisb. was my initial thoughts on his speculation as a possible Coach

After his announcement I like many I'm sure resigned eventually to:
Mulvey is just what we got, hoped for the best :innocent:
....... certainly NOT THIS !

scottmac

Suspended
Is getting to the point where heads need to roll. Who ever is in charge of the football decisions made at the club needs to go. I think it's time to clean out everything and start again. Top to bottom

Offsider

Is getting to the point where heads need to roll. Who ever is in charge of the football decisions made at the club needs to go. I think it's time to clean out everything and start again. Top to bottom

There must be reasons that other teams filling coaching positions didn’t pick him up .........:naughty:

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey guys, I know that there are plenty of people who want us to come out and say something about the current on field performances. We are mindful though that right now there is not much that I can say that will make any difference until the results have turned around.
I can say that I am really supportive that there are some great people in the football department that are working very hard to get this right.
Of course Mike Mulvey being an experienced A-League winning coach is vital to getting this right but he is not alone with Mike Phelan as Sporting director, newly appointed head of football performance Andy Thomson, Nick Montgomery, Ray Junna and Matthew Nash.
This is the toughest of times and only through the toughest work and dedication will this steer a better course for us all. We need a long term solution and there is no hiding for us right now.
We won't have all the answers right now to all your questions, I can only say that we are working on it and when we are confident that we have it back on track there will be more for us to say - but everyone at the club is listening to our members and fans.

adz

Staff member
Thanks for coming on and commenting Shaun. For me the hard part to understand is why we are so far behind the other teams. I've been a member since day 1 and never missed a home game for years, travelled to a lot of away games, as have a lot of people on here. Now finding it doesn't even bother me to miss a game completely.

Rowdy

@Shaun Mielekamp great to hear from the Club regarding our situation.

On a different matter, could you please take a quick look at this article in the Guardian (dont read it, it's not great;))

BUT what IS important to you and the club is detailed in the comments section down below it, if you scroll.

It relates to Away-Fans coming to our games and their unhappiness with the ticket prices, which I read as being 'in general' .. NOT in relation to the quality of what our team are serving up now.
- that quality from us in team performance seems to excabate the issue of $/value in coming to our games it seems.
(which I know is beyond the Marketing Dept's control)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ship-who-can-right-the-central-coast-mariners

Anyways, thought this may be of help.
- Food for thought. :)

Ancient Mariner

Thanks Shaun. Really appreciate the post and understand.

I am glad you have some great football brains on the problem.

I hope that they have recognised that the problem is lack of skill and ability on the pitch. I also hope they can solve this problem because if they cannot and cannot fix it soon I fear for the future.

I also hope you keep reading here and pick up some useful suggestions (Just separate the wheat from the chaff) and get some entertainment and the odd laugh.

All the best and compliments of the season.

Insertnamehere

@Shaun Mielekamp great to hear from the Club regarding our situation.

On a different matter, could you please take a quick look at this article in the Guardian (dont read it, it's not great;))

BUT what IS important to you and the club is detailed in the comments section down below it, if you scroll.

It relates to Away-Fans coming to our games and their unhappiness with the ticket prices, which I read as being 'in general' .. NOT in relation to the quality of what our team are serving up now.
- that quality from us in team performance seems to excabate the issue of $/value in coming to our games it seems.
(which I know is beyond the Marketing Dept's control)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ship-who-can-right-the-central-coast-mariners

Anyways, thought this may be of help.
- Food for thought. :)
I think that article pretty much hits the spot.

Fadetoblack944

Hey guys, I know that there are plenty of people who want us to come out and say something about the current on field performances. We are mindful though that right now there is not much that I can say that will make any difference until the results have turned around.
I can say that I am really supportive that there are some great people in the football department that are working very hard to get this right.
Of course Mike Mulvey being an experienced A-League winning coach is vital to getting this right but he is not alone with Mike Phelan as Sporting director, newly appointed head of football performance Andy Thomson, Nick Montgomery, Ray Junna and Matthew Nash.
This is the toughest of times and only through the toughest work and dedication will this steer a better course for us all. We need a long term solution and there is no hiding for us right now.
We won't have all the answers right now to all your questions, I can only say that we are working on it and when we are confident that we have it back on track there will be more for us to say - but everyone at the club is listening to our members and fans.

Thanks for coming out and saying something to us fans, i know you can't say alot about the state of football being shown at the moment but if we can turn our season around with a couple of wins and everyone will be back on the bandwagon. Glad to know that everything is being done that can be done.

Big Al

Of course you can’t say we got it wrong, but we know you have.

Sorry Shaun but as the head you need to take responsibility. The structures seem to be failing. Some absolutely stunning mistakes have been and are being made.

Goal keeper: how can we be so poor over the last couple of years. Izzo was very talented but had fundamental floors that the goal keeper coach never fixed. As he started to be half decent he left. Then we were left with Kennedy. A journey man who wasn’t good enough for the league for 10 yrs. you somehow managed to give a seriously injured goalkeeper an incentive based contract for a second season when no one else wanted him. He was a discrace in the Newcastle abomination. Sure you had to keep him after your first mistake but to not get proper competition for him is criminal. Things need to change with the keeper recruitment and coaching. Now

NYL:
The club stupidity prioritised a FFA cup game the club had no interest in winning which ruined the NYL season and blew promotion as the NYL squad was broken up at the key part of the season. This cost promotion and most probably recruitment.
Also you have choped and changed the coach every year for the last couple of years. No continuity. No style. No one for the kids to trust. For a club that needs a strong acedemy nothing but mistakes are being made

Mulvey: i hope he is being held accountable His talk preseason and now is total BS smoke.
He has the boys playing horrible football. They can’t string two passes together. They hoof it long and hope for the best. It’s dire to watch.
He and you has recruited Mat to change the culture. Matt was cut by this very club for not producing just a couple of years ago. He is a wonderful coastie and I’m happy for him but SFC showed that all he is an 15 harrasser to hold on to a game. He wasn’t scoring there either.
Then you give us the best striker we may ever get and Mulvey puts him as a #10 to accommodate Mat in the side instead of putting him on the bench were he should be.
Recruiting McGlinchy who sued this very club is diabolical and he wasn’t good enough for the nix. So we bring him back for culture. What a laugh he quit here as soon as he could. He’s only back because he has no options.

Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten the Tom H Disaster that is in progress. What idiot picks Melling over Tom. Please talk some sense in to Mulvey here. Every fan knows this is dumb so why doesn’t Mulvey.

Lachie Wales: how can you not offer two years to a local product who just made the team. He worked his butt of to be a hard working kid. Referreeing to make ends meet. Every kid who comes to our games wants to be him and you don’t come to the party. Where is the community in that. Dumb. Surely having a local kid should be a priority especially for marketing.

Bolt: what a circus for a few internet clicks. Ridiculous

shipwreck

Of course you can’t say we got it wrong, but we know you have.

Sorry Shaun but as the head you need to take responsibility. The structures seem to be failing. Some absolutely stunning mistakes have been and are being made.

Goal keeper: how can we be so poor over the last couple of years. Izzo was very talented but had fundamental floors that the goal keeper coach never fixed. As he started to be half decent he left. Then we were left with Kennedy. A journey man who wasn’t good enough for the league for 10 yrs. you somehow managed to give a seriously injured goalkeeper an incentive based contract for a second season when no one else wanted him. He was a discrace in the Newcastle abomination. Sure you had to keep him after your first mistake but to not get proper competition for him is criminal. Things need to change with the keeper recruitment and coaching. Now

NYL:
The club stupidity prioritised a FFA cup game the club had no interest in winning which ruined the NYL season and blew promotion as the NYL squad was broken up at the key part of the season. This cost promotion and most probably recruitment.
Also you have choped and changed the coach every year for the last couple of years. No continuity. No style. No one for the kids to trust. For a club that needs a strong acedemy nothing but mistakes are being made

Mulvey: i hope he is being held accountable His talk preseason and now is total BS smoke.
He has the boys playing horrible football. They can’t string two passes together. They hoof it long and hope for the best. It’s dire to watch.
He and you has recruited Mat to change the culture. Matt was cut by this very club for not producing just a couple of years ago. He is a wonderful coastie and I’m happy for him but SFC showed that all he is an 15 harrasser to hold on to a game. He wasn’t scoring there either.
Then you give us the best striker we may ever get and Mulvey puts him as a #10 to accommodate Mat in the side instead of putting him on the bench were he should be.
Recruiting McGlinchy who sued this very club is diabolical and he wasn’t good enough for the nix. So we bring him back for culture. What a laugh he quit here as soon as he could. He’s only back because he has no options.

Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten the Tom H Disaster that is in progress. What idiot picks Melling over Tom. Please talk some sense in to Mulvey here. Every fan knows this is dumb so why doesn’t Mulvey.

Lachie Wales: how can you not offer two years to a local product who just made the team. He worked his butt of to be a hard working kid. Referreeing to make ends meet. Every kid who comes to our games wants to be him and you don’t come to the party. Where is the community in that. Dumb. Surely having a local kid should be a priority especially for marketing.

Bolt: what a circus for a few internet clicks. Ridiculous
This x 2 for me Shaun. Massive respect for you and the club, but Big Al has absolutely hit the nail on the head.

We deserve a response to these very valid and very fair statements.

turbo

We deserve a response to these very valid and very fair statements.

I’m not sure we can really get a worthwhile response to that, he’s not going to throw current staff and players under the bus and he shouldn’t - that will only make things worse. But it was a great post and we can only hope it’s read and reflected upon behind closed doors so action can be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred