• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFC Mariner

Of course you can’t say we got it wrong, but we know you have.

Sorry Shaun but as the head you need to take responsibility. The structures seem to be failing. Some absolutely stunning mistakes have been and are being made.

Goal keeper: how can we be so poor over the last couple of years. Izzo was very talented but had fundamental floors that the goal keeper coach never fixed. As he started to be half decent he left. Then we were left with Kennedy. A journey man who wasn’t good enough for the league for 10 yrs. you somehow managed to give a seriously injured goalkeeper an incentive based contract for a second season when no one else wanted him. He was a discrace in the Newcastle abomination. Sure you had to keep him after your first mistake but to not get proper competition for him is criminal. Things need to change with the keeper recruitment and coaching. Now

NYL:
The club stupidity prioritised a FFA cup game the club had no interest in winning which ruined the NYL season and blew promotion as the NYL squad was broken up at the key part of the season. This cost promotion and most probably recruitment.
Also you have choped and changed the coach every year for the last couple of years. No continuity. No style. No one for the kids to trust. For a club that needs a strong acedemy nothing but mistakes are being made

Mulvey: i hope he is being held accountable His talk preseason and now is total BS smoke.
He has the boys playing horrible football. They can’t string two passes together. They hoof it long and hope for the best. It’s dire to watch.
He and you has recruited Mat to change the culture. Matt was cut by this very club for not producing just a couple of years ago. He is a wonderful coastie and I’m happy for him but SFC showed that all he is an 15 harrasser to hold on to a game. He wasn’t scoring there either.
Then you give us the best striker we may ever get and Mulvey puts him as a #10 to accommodate Mat in the side instead of putting him on the bench were he should be.
Recruiting McGlinchy who sued this very club is diabolical and he wasn’t good enough for the nix. So we bring him back for culture. What a laugh he quit here as soon as he could. He’s only back because he has no options.

Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten the Tom H Disaster that is in progress. What idiot picks Melling over Tom. Please talk some sense in to Mulvey here. Every fan knows this is dumb so why doesn’t Mulvey.

Lachie Wales: how can you not offer two years to a local product who just made the team. He worked his butt of to be a hard working kid. Referreeing to make ends meet. Every kid who comes to our games wants to be him and you don’t come to the party. Where is the community in that. Dumb. Surely having a local kid should be a priority especially for marketing.

Bolt: what a circus for a few internet clicks. Ridiculous

I havent posted here in months but this 100% nails it and I heard about this post from others. The faults that have lead to this season were obvious early - I started to worry after the FFA cup debacle, the Bolt farce and believing Kennedy was viable (after he dragged Newcastle down for years just confirmed it).

Doubtless there will be our 4th complete reboot starting with departures in January. Ross has gone, Tom will be next.
Such a waste

FFC Mariner

I’m not sure we can really get a worthwhile response to that, he’s not going to throw current staff and players under the bus and he shouldn’t - that will only make things worse. But it was a great post and we can only hope it’s read and reflected upon behind closed doors so action can be taken.

It wont be - here, drink this kool-aid

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I havent posted here in months but this 100% nails it and I heard about this post from others. The faults that have lead to this season were obvious early - I started to worry after the FFA cup debacle, the Bolt farce and believing Kennedy was viable (after he dragged Newcastle down for years just confirmed it).

Doubtless there will be our 4th complete reboot starting with departures in January. Ross has gone, Tom will be next.
Such a waste
4th reboot.... And yet, if given the chance, wouldn't you want to reboot again next season?
The big question though isn't who has gone - but who was stayed, and why ? Particularly looking at the football department here.

WebZ

Hey guys,

Just a perspective from afar. I lived on the coast from 2005 until August of 2017. Was in bay 16 for at least 70-80 percent of the time across all home games across those 12 years. I packed up and moved to Mudgee in 2018 as I couldn’t take the traffic and busyness of the coast anymore and I was a Bathurst boy anyway so it wasn’t a culture shock to move back to the bush. I do miss the games and the atmosphere and all that went with pouring my time, emotion and money into the Mariners. From living out here and watching from afar I must say it is difficult to comprehend how much as changed since the glory days but my perspective changed after last season as we hit rock bottom, the only was is up. I personally believe that we can pick ourselves back up and get back to what we were. I just read Shaun’s post and I am glad that he gave the time to give the fans some perspective. I wear my Mariners jersey nearly every weekend and even got a few bites from the Wanderers fans when they played the roar in Mudgee just recently. Anyways, my point being is that now that I live afar and I am not torn up in the emotion and whatnot that goes with attending games frequently, I have a more positive outlook and I reckon we can return to what we were. I will be going to my first Mariners game in 3 years on Feb 2nd against the victory but unlike that last game I went to and got really down about our performance and what’s happened to us this time I will be just enjoying the experience again. Looking forward to getting back into the bay and win or lose I am going to have a good night. It’s funny what happens when you eject yourself from the fray and have some distance from the team and what you emotionally invest in it, gives you return to a more simple perspective.

Insertnamehere

"Shaun Mielekamp, post: 264613, member: 2606"]Hey guys, I know that there are plenty of people who want us to come out and say something about the current on field performances. We are mindful though that right now there is not much that I can say that will make any difference until the results have turned around.
I can say that I am really supportive that there are some great people in the football department that are working very hard to get this right.
Of course Mike Mulvey being an experienced A-League winning coach is vital to getting this right but he is not alone with Mike Phelan as Sporting director, newly appointed head of football performance Andy Thomson, Nick Montgomery, Ray Junna and Matthew Nash.
This is the toughest of times and only through the toughest work and dedication will this steer a better course for us all. We need a long term solution and there is no hiding for us right now.
We won't have all the answers right now to all your questions, I can only say that we are working on it and when we are confident that we have it back on track there will be more for us to say - but everyone at the club is listening to our members and fans.
So the tide has just started to turn. They've gone from disgusted to pitiful to questioning our licence.
I personally say our metrics are ahead of where you would need them to be but wins and competitiveness means something. So we don't really have time for reboots. We need a winning run to get the monkey off the back. This season still matters.

JoyfulPenguin

Hey guys,

Just a perspective from afar. I lived on the coast from 2005 until August of 2017. Was in bay 16 for at least 70-80 percent of the time across all home games across those 12 years. I packed up and moved to Mudgee in 2018 as I couldn’t take the traffic and busyness of the coast anymore and I was a Bathurst boy anyway so it wasn’t a culture shock to move back to the bush. I do miss the games and the atmosphere and all that went with pouring my time, emotion and money into the Mariners. From living out here and watching from afar I must say it is difficult to comprehend how much as changed since the glory days but my perspective changed after last season as we hit rock bottom, the only was is up. I personally believe that we can pick ourselves back up and get back to what we were. I just read Shaun’s post and I am glad that he gave the time to give the fans some perspective. I wear my Mariners jersey nearly every weekend and even got a few bites from the Wanderers fans when they played the roar in Mudgee just recently. Anyways, my point being is that now that I live afar and I am not torn up in the emotion and whatnot that goes with attending games frequently, I have a more positive outlook and I reckon we can return to what we were. I will be going to my first Mariners game in 3 years on Feb 2nd against the victory but unlike that last game I went to and got really down about our performance and what’s happened to us this time I will be just enjoying the experience again. Looking forward to getting back into the bay and win or lose I am going to have a good night. It’s funny what happens when you eject yourself from the fray and have some distance from the team and what you emotionally invest in it, gives you return to a more simple perspective.
I'm from Melbourne and disconnected from the matchday experience that the club provides. I've done what you have started doing for four seasons now Web, but it comes to a point that if you disconnect emotionally from our performance then what's the point? What's the point in even bothering? Wouldn't I be better just watching some European football and being a neutral, because watching our games as a neutral isn't too exciting as our tv ratings have proven. I've tried to find positives but every player that does well for us gets snached away within a season. I pay $25 a month to watch our games as well as attending all games in Melbourne every season despite never seeing us win in person but lose to an NPL side, all of this is a significant investment for a cash strapped student, for basically an experience that depresses me. I agree that we have hit rock bottom but we hit it in 2015. We have continually taken one step forward, two steps backwards. Everything feels like a distraction to appease the fan base for a short time, we need to reduce debt and build the COE as it will make us self sufficient but it didn't and the pitch isn't even fit for us to train on, we sign Luis Garcia when our season is gone, he is far too old and doesn't care but we don't spend the full salary cap for two seasons, we suddenly have plans to buy our stadium despite not having the money or council having any interest, our strength and conditioning coach quits over the trialing of a retired sprinter but everyone is starstruck by Bolt and Fox paying attention to us, when we do spend the salary cap it's a last minute scramble so we aren't fielding a squad of NPL all stars. The simple perspective is that we might not have a club in a few seasons because we are frankly dragging down the quality of the competition, I watched my last club disappear, I'm not going to do the same without saying something.

Antlion

I'm from Melbourne and disconnected from the matchday experience that the club provides. I've done what you have started doing for four seasons now Web, but it comes to a point that if you disconnect emotionally from our performance then what's the point? What's the point in even bothering? Wouldn't I be better just watching some European football and being a neutral, because watching our games as a neutral isn't too exciting as our tv ratings have proven. I've tried to find positives but every player that does well for us gets snached away within a season. I pay $25 a month to watch our games as well as attending all games in Melbourne every season despite never seeing us win in person but lose to an NPL side, all of this is a significant investment for a cash strapped student, for basically an experience that depresses me. I agree that we have hit rock bottom but we hit it in 2015. We have continually taken one step forward, two steps backwards. Everything feels like a distraction to appease the fan base for a short time, we need to reduce debt and build the COE as it will make us self sufficient but it didn't and the pitch isn't even fit for us to train on, we sign Luis Garcia when our season is gone, he is far too old and doesn't care but we don't spend the full salary cap for two seasons, we suddenly have plans to buy our stadium despite not having the money or council having any interest, our strength and conditioning coach quits over the trialing of a retired sprinter but everyone is starstruck by Bolt and Fox paying attention to us, when we do spend the salary cap it's a last minute scramble so we aren't fielding a squad of NPL all stars. The simple perspective is that we might not have a club in a few seasons because we are frankly dragging down the quality of the competition, I watched my last club disappear, I'm not going to do the same without saying something.
What a post! Solid, JP

midfielder

Of course you can’t say we got it wrong, but we know you have.

Sorry Shaun but as the head you need to take responsibility. The structures seem to be failing. Some absolutely stunning mistakes have been and are being made.

The opening line of this is valid and IMO needs an answer, and various responses to this post, add the likes received, shows it is a message that should not be ignored.

We operate in a salary capped league, with AU, Roar, Nix and the Jerks maybe, not having much more than we do.

The choice of coaches under MC's stewardship, including head coaches and assistance coaches has been at best poor, at worst a pitiful failure, by management.

Player recruitment, and player retention is alarming,

IMO the inability to connect extra spending on the team i.e. and expense, to increases in revenue via increased crowds and sponsorship's which would occur with a more successful team SCREAMS that those running the club have a disconnect to the Coast, and were we sit as part of the broader community of the Coast.

Blame is to easily cast at Steven Lowy & Gallop and their running of the FFA, while we have stood by as I see it waiting for kind of magic fix that someone else needed to do.

WE need to be able to Dream again, and all I think we dream of now is for a new owner... and a new management team capable of appointing a coaching staff capable of something other than what we produce .. or ... capable of making us dream again of Football...

Wombat

Sorry im not willing to put shit on Shaun.
He has been a fantastic and positive CEO with the worst owner in the history of the HAL.
The back end staff have 100% overachieved.

Big Al

The opening line of this is valid and IMO needs an answer, and various responses to this post, add the likes received, shows it is a message that should not be ignored.

We operate in a salary capped league, with AU, Roar, Nix and the Jerks maybe, not having much more than we do.

The choice of coaches under MC's stewardship, including head coaches and assistance coaches has been at best poor, at worst a pitiful failure, by management.

Player recruitment, and player retention is alarming,

IMO the inability to connect extra spending on the team i.e. and expense, to increases in revenue via increased crowds and sponsorship's which would occur with a more successful team SCREAMS that those running the club have a disconnect to the Coast, and were we sit as part of the broader community of the Coast.

Blame is to easily cast at Steven Lowy & Gallop and their running of the FFA, while we have stood by as I see it waiting for kind of magic fix that someone else needed to do.

WE need to be able to Dream again, and all I think we dream of now is for a new owner... and a new management team capable of appointing a coaching staff capable of something other than what we produce .. or ... capable of making us dream again of Football...
It wasn’t ignored. That’s all i will say

scottmac

Suspended
He has been a fantastic and positive CEO with the worst owner in the history of the HAL.
Worst owner my arse. There's a few I can think of that come well before him.

Antlion

Ah yeah just posted that article in another thread (should have read here first).

Coach: 'we ain't changing nothin'. '
Owner: 'what he said'

Things are looking up then!

marinerbhoy

Hi Shaun,

At games, I have started to notice an increasing amount of chatter which accepts a fate of our great club not having much time left and, sadly, I am starting to feel the same about our future prospects. As such, I have two questions:

1. Is Charlesworth interested in selling the club?

2. Is there any chance of another buyer looking to purchase the club?

These questions are vital as they relate to hope and they only require a yes or no response. I, and most people it seems, are not interested in what feels like a post-mortem life for the club.

Thanks.

Offsider

Wat exactly do you mean ........” back end staff”????
Is that a term used in the massage industry???.......... and not getting “shit on shaun”.

Now the “fat arsed santa” quip is more worrying ......... oh wait ??? On a more serious note:

I copped a lot of shit from my negative approach to the seasons recruitment ........remember ........ all the references to better than last year blah blah blah. Well, now they have all turned out to be 100% overachieved haven’t they....... and yet you defend the very person that cannot nor willnot offer an explanation or shine a light into the future. I do admit It is a major setback for a wouldbe “spin doctor” to be so honest.

Take a yellow wombat :yellowcard:.

Cheers and seasons greetings ......... :cheers:

and just for the record, looking into the same crystal ball of knowledge I used before ........... and consultation with the wisest of unicorns.

Charlesworth will not turn out to be the worst owner in the history of the mariners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred