• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibo

Yeah, rail seats are basically the bomb.

For seated events (like lectures on statistics, knitting shows or rugby league):
Klagenfurt-seats-for-AM.jpg

For standing events (like football, concerts, etc) you just fold the seat up out of the way and lock it in place.

The seats can lock in place and you can't break them. Nobody will fall off a seat. Nobody will fall over a seat.

Everyone in the designated standing area will stand. Everyone in sitting areas will sit.

Best of all, the club and security will be well within their rights to say to anyone wanting to sit in the standing area that they should go sit in a seated area and anyone wanting to stand in a sitting area can be told to go stand in the standing area.

Everyone gets to do what they want to do, and nobody is impeded by someone who wants to do something in the wrong place.

Rowdy

Great idea & invention.

440px-Rail_seats_in_Klagenfurt,_Austria.jpg

Could even create a 'pin' locking system that allows the rail to be pushed down when the seating system is required thus providing unobstructed view by a waist high rail however thin it is

Rowdy

Then I could fab up a 'beer-holder' to hang off the rail in front of me.

Just like the one 'Golly' made from timber and uses.

(You'll see/notice him on the walkway tier up behind the corner flag where there is a few seats & 'gap' spots for wheelchair spectators to the right of Bay16 as you walk to get a beer from under the Western Stand.)

Rowdy

You could just increase the G.S.T to pay for it.

Goods @ Stadium Tax. ;)

Meat Pies, Hot Chips, Hot Dogs, Tea, Coffee etc. ........ & the Sauce, dont forget the sauce there's a bottomless pit of revenue just sitting there waiting to be taxed.

Actually there's 4 bottomless pits

2015-11-03-22-12-25-113331139.jpg

Everything EXCEPT the beer. :cheers:
It's the only consumable I buy. :cool:
So tax the shit out of everything else.

midfielder

Shau

I assume you have been watching Rowdy's work and that of others re the ""Home Among the Gum Trees""

Just maybe have a couple of versions and have Star run a contest which is the one the good folk of the Coast want and maybe run a primary school contest to see who can do the best version of the final choice with a say $ 500.00 donation to the winning school library.

midfielder

Pjennings

Bad dislike...

Question ... What term describes GST.

a] Gosford Stadium Tax

b] Good Simple Tax

c] God sent tax

d] Goods and Services Tax..

Answer

c] God Sent Tax...

Why you ask.... well before Keating made all the changes to the Tax Act in 83 to 85 92 % of people did their own Tax returns... after his adjustments 85% of people used Tax Agents... so a big statute to Paul...

Things got quite for a while and little honest Johnny brought in the GST which has more than doubled fees and who could forget Meg for making the adjustments to the GST so most used Tax Agents to complete their Bas returns... so a big statute to Little Johnny and a smaller one for Meg...

So its like the lord above said unto the people go forth and take your work to your accountant / tax agent ... so yes a God Sent Tax...

Rowdy

As previously posted in its own thread by rbakersmith:

This landed in my inbox a few minutes ago:

OPEN LETTER: Peter Storrie

After spending 12 months with the Central Coast Mariners working on football and business matters I wanted to take this time to address the Mariners Members and fans about how this club has grown both on and off the pitch in what has been a number of significant changes in the past year.

May I start by addressing the future of Liam Reddy. Liam is facing disciplinary issues that the club cannot dismiss. The board, senior management and coaching staff have decided that he has played his last game for the Central Coast Mariners.

The Club & Liam are both working towards a mutual agreement where both parties can go their separate ways. We make no apologies for fighting to maintain a strong Club culture and we made it clear to Liam that his contract would not be renewed.

Even though I have only spent a year with this club it is clear that the culture has been the glue holding the Yellow & Navy together through the good times and the bad. Anything or anyone that acts in a way that will damage or erode from that culture must be dealt with seriously. In saying that, take a look at the performances and celebrations of our boys during the 10-manned fight back against Newcastle Jets & late equaliser against Wellington Phoenix and it is obvious that this off-field blip on the radar has been dealt with before it had the chance to take a negative toll on the change room.

When I look back to when I was welcomed in the Central Coast late last year, the state that the club was in financially as well as the brand of football being played week in week out was unbearable. It could not have continued that way.

I have full confidence in what I believe is the best executive team in the Hyundai A-League with Tony Walmsley as Head Coach/Technical Director who lives and breathes the club’s new mantra to entertain and engage, CEO Shaun Mielekamp who has brought a wealth of experience and energy from his extensive background in sports administration and CFO Kathryn Duncan who has helped control spend and ensure the club’s tight budgets are kept in place. This team has the full support of the Chairman Mike Charlesworth.

With the appointment of these three key staff along with the tireless work of the Mariners’ administration staff, the club will go from losing a significant amount ofmoney per season to reaching break-even status in the next 12 months, which is paramount to the sustainability of theCentral Coast Mariners. As the club’s financial situation continues to strengthen along with the attacking and free flowing style of football and the development of the Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence, this is one of the most exciting organisations to be involved with in Australian sport.

With that being said, there is no doubt that the club has significant challenges ahead. There’s no hiding behind the fact that we need more Members, we need morecorporate support and with an innovative fan engagement strategy and an entertaining brand of football I amconfident that this club will continue to go from strength-to-strength. I would like to say a massive thank you to our currentcorporate partners, in particular MasterFoods who have provided incredible support to their local team for the past decade as a foundation partner.

One of the biggest challenges the Central Coast Mariners faces is the amount ofmoney the club loses for non-derby matches at Central Coast Stadium. We receiveoverwhelming support for our matches against NSW competitors but it does not make up for the financial losses the club endures when it hosts clubs such as PerthGlory or Wellington Phoenix. This is notsustainable. A priority of both Mike Charlesworth and myself is to continueexploring options to play one or two home matches outside the Central Coast that will benefit the Club financially.

The Central Coast Mariners have always been known as a “development club”. Weendeavour to give youth a chance and this mantra has been strengthened with the establishment of our Academy that will see boys and girls as young as 8 play for the Mariners and move their way through theelite talent pathways of the Central Coast,Western NSW & North Shore Mariners.

What’s ahead for the Mariners? We need to continue to be bold and brave on the pitch and we need to give the Members and fans what they want. I have been lucky enough to experience the pre-game Skype calls, the pre-season pub nights and the many meet and greets that Tony, the players and senior management have embraced. In my 30years of football there have been many “firsts” and now with the Mariners this is what we need to do to survive.

The lifeblood of this club is it’s Membership base and I urge anyone who has considered becoming a Member to get involved. Each day I wake up and feel like we are at thestart of something special and I would also like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to our passionate Members and fans.
If you have any ideas that would help thisclub grow, please don’t hesitate to call on 4353 7200 or e-mailinfo@ccmariners.com.au- the doors are always open.

For now, I am heading back to the U.K. this week where I will continue to work with the owner Mike Charlesworth and talk through what’s next before returning to the Central Coast in February.
I look forward to enjoying tonight’sentertaining affair between the Hyundai A-League Champions and your Central Coast Mariners.
Kind regards,

Peter Storrie,
Executive Vice Chairman, Central Coast Mariners

Paolo

Does not fill me with the warm and fuzzies as intended.

Says he value members and seek to give members what they want, yet suggests moving games for financial reasons.

Well this member doesn't wish for games to be moved, that devalues my membership (even if pro rated)

rbakersmith

Says he value members and seek to give members what they want, yet suggests moving games for financial reasons.

Unless the club can pull off one or more of the following:
  • 10-15,000 to every game at Central Coast Stadium
  • 10,000 members
  • A very large sponsor in addition to Masterfoods
then I fail to see how playing every game on the Coast could be viable. I'd argue that the money that the Victory are paying the club to play in Geelong this season would be going a long way towards the club breaking even. To me, playing one or two games away from the Coast so that twelve or thirteen can be played on the Coast - instead of none at all - is a small price to pay.

Well this member doesn't wish for games to be moved, that devalues my membership (even if pro rated)

Do you consider your membership this season to be devalued?

Rowdy

Front Page of tomorrow's CC Expresss!

Absolute Shite !!!

MARINERS
MAYHEM:

Steven Maher

Furious fans are threatening to jump shop after the Central Coast Mariners sank closer to crisis point this week.

Hot on the heels of heels of goal-keeper Liam Reddy's suspension for misconduct, there are claims key team tactics were leaked to bitter rivals Sydney FC just hours before the A-League show-down at Gosford late last month.

It comes as the A-League's independent arbiter ruled that the club had acted incorrectly in suspending Reddy for 2 weeks.

The off-field instability is threatening to derail hopes the club can return to its glory days following last season’s woeful results.

Yellow Army spokesman Luke Boyce said fans were fed up with the unrest.
"All this makes me furious and I'm not alone there" Mr Boyce said.

However, Mariners executive vice chairman Peter Storrie said any claim the club is in crisis was "nonsense".

from Page 7;

Is our club in crisis ?

Mariners skipper Nick Montgomery all but confirmed the information leak in a Yellow Army podcast when he said he was "disgusted it's happened".

A source close to the club indicated that team selection information from within the camp was sent to Sydney FC on the morning of the game.

"All this is doing is making people question what is going on at the club; fans are not happy, " the well placed source said.

"After the debacle of last year this type of drama is exactly what the club didnt need. The club has a loyal fan base, but they are starting to question what's going on. "

Yellow Army spokesman Luke Boyce said,
"We all hoped, after a pretty positive off-season and some good efforts in the early rounds, that things would change. It would be nice to have one season when we just talk about football, not this crap.

There are a lot of people on the Coast who are undecided about coming to games; all this drama just turns them right off. It's a real worry. "

However, Mariners executive vice -chairman Peter Storrie denied the club was in crisis.

"I've been involved in the game for 30 years, if there was a crisis it would show on the pitch," he said.

"Look at what the boys achieved on Saturday (a 1-all draw with Newcastle Jets), there's no crisis, it’s nonsense. "

In the wake of the alarming dressing-room leak claims, the club asked players to provide phone records in a bid to flush out the guilty party.

"Everyone at the club was asked to volunteer phone records, not just the players," Storrie said. "Everyone apart from a handful of players did it and that list is getting smaller every day. The players are disgusted and they want it resolved; it's obviously very serious and will be dealt with strongly. "

Montgomery, who turned in one of his best efforts at the weekend, said he was furious this latest incident had overshadowed the rallying on-field effort against Newcastle.

"Not only has the culprit let the club who pays their wages, but also his teammates, fans and the members. As the Captain of the team I'm disgusted it's happened, " he said.

The Mariners have forwarded their concerns to the Football Federation Australia and asked the governing body to investigate.

There is no suggestion that the club members named in this story are involved in the alleged information leak.

Last edited:

true believer

while we have two home games against the tards i'll live with it.
if we fail to see the tards at home, in a season . then you've devalued my memberships , considerably .
they are the bench mark , because of their money .
I f'kn hate them , but I want to see them and beat them .

Last edited:

true believer

Front Page of tomorrow's CC Expresss!

Absolute Shite !!!

MARINERS
MAYHEM:

Steven Maher

Furious fans are threatening to jump shop after the Central Coast Mariners sank closer to crisis point this week.

Hot on the heels of heels of goal-keeper Liam Reddy's suspension for misconduct, there are claims key team tactics were leaked to bitter rivals Sydney FC just hours before the A-League show-down at Gosford late last month.

It comes as the A-League's independent arbiter ruled that the club had acted incorrectly in suspending Reddy for 2 weeks.

The off-field instability is threatening to derail hopes the club can return to its glory days following last season’s woeful results.

Yellow Army spokesman Luke Boyce said fans were fed up with the unrest.
"All this makes me furious and I'm not alone there" Mr Boyce said.

However, Mariners executive vice chairman Peter Storrie said sny claim the club is in crisis was "nonsense".

from Page 7;

Is our club in crisis ?

Mariners skipper Nick Montgomery all but confirmed the information leak in a Yellow Army podcast when he said he was "disgusted it's happened".

A source close to the club indicated that team selection information from within the camp was sent to Sydney FC on the morning of the game.

"All this is doing is making people question what is going on at the club; fans are not happy, " the well placed source said.

"After the debacle of last year this type of drama is exactly what the club didnt need. The club has a loyal fan base, but they are starting to question what's going on. "

Yellow Army spokesman Luke Boyce said,
"We all hoped, after a pretty positive off-season and some good efforts in the early rounds, that things would change. It would be nice to have one season when we just talk about football, not this crap.

There are a lot of people on the Coast who are undecided about coming to games; all this drama just turns them right off. It's a real worry. "

However, Mariners executive vice -chairman Peter Storrie denied the club was in crisis.

"I've been involved in the game for 30 years, if there was a crisis it would show on the pitch," he said.

"Look at what the boys achieved on Saturday (a 1-all draw with Newcastle Jets), there's no crisis, it’s nonsense. "

In the wake of the alarming dressing-room leak claims, the club asked players to provide phone records in a bid to flush out the guilty party.

"Everyone at the club was asked to volunteer phone records, not just the players," Storrie said. "Everyone apart from a handful of players did it and that list us getting smaller every day. The players are disgusted and they want it resolved; it's obviouslyvery serious and will be dealt with strongly. "

Montgomery, who turned in one of his best efforts at the weekend, said he was furious this latest incident had overshadowed the rallying on-field effort against Newcastle.

"Not only has the culprit let the club who pays their wages, but also his teammates, fans and the members. As the Captain of the team I'm disgusted it's happened, " he said.

The Mariners have forwarded their concerns to the Football Federation Australia and asked the governing body to investigate.

There is no suggestion that the club members named in this story are involved in the alleged information leak.

the way we played last week . the story is a none event .

dibo

"A priority of both Mike Charlesworth and myself is to continueexploring options to play one or two home matches outside the Central Coast that will benefit the Club financially."

f**k off. A large part of the reason I felt good about the club this year is all home games are at home.

This shit comes up again and it feels all for nothing.

VicMariner

Funny, the attitude on this forum is not very furious.

ETA
Probably will be now that games getting moved is mentioned.

gull

"A priority of both Mike Charlesworth and myself is to continueexploring options to play one or two home matches outside the Central Coast that will benefit the Club financially."

f**k off. A large part of the reason I felt good about the club this year is all home games are at home.

This shit comes up again and it feels all for nothing.

Yep was pleased with what I was reading until that part. All the good work undone again in one sentence.

adz

Staff member
Funny, the attitude on this forum is not very furious.

ETA
Probably will be now that games getting moved is mentioned.

Absolutely. And once again no mention of exactly how moving games solves problems, and what else they have tried or considered trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred