• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjennings

The first thing to be said is that I believe that we need more corporate support and I have made some high profile suggestions to Shaun. Smaller corporates also need to be looked after better than in previous seasons. TBH the catering facilities in the stadium for corporates is appalling and is probably affecting the corporate support. A redevelopment of the northern end to add a roof over the active support with corporate boxes at the front and proper industrial kitchen behind would not only change the acoustics of the stadium but it would enable the club to service the corporates better. There seems to be plenty of state money for stadium redevelopment - this would be a quite modest request.

As far as games elsewhere are concerned my basic assumptions are
  1. I want all home games at CCS
  2. no NSW game should be moved from Gosford.
  3. each of the other 9 teams should play each season at Gosford.
  4. a minimum of 11 home games at CCS
  5. A more consistent spread of NSW games from season to season also needs to be fought for
  6. The opening game and the final game should not be moved
  7. The NYE game should be against a low-drawing non-NSW team who we play twice at home. (City, Adelaide, Perth, Wellington)
  8. The opening game should be against a low-drawing non-NSW team who we play twice at home. (City, Adelaide, Perth, Wellington)
  9. A minimum of 11 games at CCS
  10. The NSW games should not be the last home game as a bad year for the opponent with no chance of finals would mean few visitors
If we have 4 NSW games out of 13 that will mean that means we have 9 games against the remaining 6 clubs. If we have 5 NSW games then we will 8 games against the remaining 6 clubs.

Double home games against City, Adelaide, Perth or Wellington might make some sense to move but it needs to be with a legitimate and measurable business case. The game at NSO where the claim was that 20% of our members are from south of the Hawkesbury is just a meaningless claim. If the majority of those members would prefer to go to CCS you are not only upset your base - you are not even satisfying a need. Moving a game because you lose money is pointless if you lose the same or more elsewhere

Last edited:

Gratis

The first thing to be said is that I believe that we need more corporate support and I have made some high profile suggestions to Shaun. Smaller corporates also need to be looked after better than in previous seasons. TBH the catering facilities in the stadium for corporates is appalling and is probably affecting the corporate support. A redevelopment of the northern end to add a roof over the active support with corporate boxes at the front and proper industrial kitchen behind would not only change the acoustics of the stadium but it would enable the club to service the corporates better. There seems to be plenty of state money for stadium redevelopment - this would be a quite modest request.

As far as games elsewhere are concerned my basic assumptions are
  1. I want all home games at CCS
  2. no NSW game should be moved from Gosford.
  3. each of the other 9 teams should play each season at Gosford.
  4. a minimum of 11 home games at CCS
  5. A more consistent spread of NSW games from season to season also needs to be fought for
  6. The opening game and the final game should not be moved
  7. The NYE game should be against a low-drawing non-NSW team who we play twice at home. (City, Adelaide, Perth, Wellington)
  8. The opening game should be against a low-drawing non-NSW team who we play twice at home. (City, Adelaide, Perth, Wellington)
  9. A minimum of 11 games at CCS
  10. The NSW games should not be the last home game as a bad year for the opponent with no chance of finals would mean few visitors
If we have 4 NSW games out of 13 that will mean that means we have 9 games against the remaining 6 clubs. If we have 5 NSW games then we will 8 games against the remaining 6 clubs.

Double home games against City, Adelaide, Perth or Wellington might make some sense to move but it needs to be with a legitimate and measurable business case. The game at NSO where the claim was that 20% of our members are from south of the Hawkesbury is just a meaningless claim. If the majority of those members would prefer to go to CCS you are not only upset your base - you are not even satisfying a need. Moving a game because you lose money is pointless if you lose the same or more elsewhere
Well said! I'm OK with moving 1-2 games (max.) if the above is factored for.

Gratis

Front Page of tomorrow's CC Expresss!

Absolute Shite !!!

MARINERS
MAYHEM:

Steven Maher

Furious fans are threatening to jump shop after the Central Coast Mariners sank closer to crisis point this week.

Hot on the heels of heels of goal-keeper Liam Reddy's suspension for misconduct, there are claims key team tactics were leaked to bitter rivals Sydney FC just hours before the A-League show-down at Gosford late last month.

It comes as the A-League's independent arbiter ruled that the club had acted incorrectly in suspending Reddy for 2 weeks.

The off-field instability is threatening to derail hopes the club can return to its glory days following last season’s woeful results.

Yellow Army spokesman Luke Boyce said fans were fed up with the unrest.
"All this makes me furious and I'm not alone there" Mr Boyce said.

However, Mariners executive vice chairman Peter Storrie said any claim the club is in crisis was "nonsense".

from Page 7;

Is our club in crisis ?

Mariners skipper Nick Montgomery all but confirmed the information leak in a Yellow Army podcast when he said he was "disgusted it's happened".

A source close to the club indicated that team selection information from within the camp was sent to Sydney FC on the morning of the game.

"All this is doing is making people question what is going on at the club; fans are not happy, " the well placed source said.

"After the debacle of last year this type of drama is exactly what the club didnt need. The club has a loyal fan base, but they are starting to question what's going on. "

Yellow Army spokesman Luke Boyce said,
"We all hoped, after a pretty positive off-season and some good efforts in the early rounds, that things would change. It would be nice to have one season when we just talk about football, not this crap.

There are a lot of people on the Coast who are undecided about coming to games; all this drama just turns them right off. It's a real worry. "

However, Mariners executive vice -chairman Peter Storrie denied the club was in crisis.

"I've been involved in the game for 30 years, if there was a crisis it would show on the pitch," he said.

"Look at what the boys achieved on Saturday (a 1-all draw with Newcastle Jets), there's no crisis, it’s nonsense. "

In the wake of the alarming dressing-room leak claims, the club asked players to provide phone records in a bid to flush out the guilty party.

"Everyone at the club was asked to volunteer phone records, not just the players," Storrie said. "Everyone apart from a handful of players did it and that list is getting smaller every day. The players are disgusted and they want it resolved; it's obviously very serious and will be dealt with strongly. "

Montgomery, who turned in one of his best efforts at the weekend, said he was furious this latest incident had overshadowed the rallying on-field effort against Newcastle.

"Not only has the culprit let the club who pays their wages, but also his teammates, fans and the members. As the Captain of the team I'm disgusted it's happened, " he said.

The Mariners have forwarded their concerns to the Football Federation Australia and asked the governing body to investigate.

There is no suggestion that the club members named in this story are involved in the alleged information leak.
This is getting stupid, and I literally mean stupid. Let's simplify it for the morons.
1. An internal employee has done something very wrong and is being investigated and, once found out, will be dealt with. This dirtbag deserves everyone's ire, and not the club who is the victim.
2. Reddy was given a massive chance by CCM on condition he didn't breach the no dickhead policy. He breached it good and proper. It appears Eddie did too. Goodbye, tata, farewell.

End of.

Where's the crisis? Anyone running around like a headless chook right now yelling 'crisis, crisis' is and idiot, plain and simple.

I'm proud to say everyone on here appears to have a brain and has looked at it pretty rationally. If you're reading this give yourself a pat on the back.

Wombat

Reddy, (Who I support as our best keeper) has definitely been slagging of TW to the general uneducated CC public.
Shame coz he was a damn good keeper, certainly way better than Izzo.
But Liam is obviously stupid and likes to bite the hand that feeds him.

bikinigirl

Do you consider your membership this season to be devalued?

. no

. because we still have 13 home games this year (our maximum entitlement) ... the geelong game is our 'community round' which we are not entitled to play 'at home' anyway ... as far as i understand it

. as soon as there is talk of moving home games people start to get nervous ... nervous enough for crowd numbers to drop for the remaining 'home' games i reckon

. i accept that many 'fans' have become complacent or apathetic ... but don't make them more distant - it has the potential to hurt all home games

Forum Phoenix

This is getting stupid, and I literally mean stupid. Let's simplify it for the morons.
1. An internal employee has done something very wrong and is being investigated and, once found out, will be dealt with. This dirtbag deserves everyone's ire, and not the club who is the victim.
2. Reddy was given a massive chance by CCM on condition he didn't breach the no dickhead policy. He breached it good and proper. It appears Eddie did too. Goodbye, tata, farewell.

End of.

Where's the crisis? Anyone running around like a headless chook right now yelling 'crisis, crisis' is and idiot, plain and simple.

I'm proud to say everyone on here appears to have a brain and has looked at it pretty rationally. If you're reading this give yourself a pat on the back.

THIS.

And especially...

"This dirtbag deserves everyone's ire, and not the club who is the victim."

The way fox commentary discussed it tonight was pathetic. It should be simply condemned as unsporting and the club investigating it expected and supported. Not used as the next drama to give lack-wit commentators something to whine on self righteously about.

It doesn't make me "wonder what's happening at the club"
I can see what's happening at the club. They've never been so transparent. And I really like what they're doing. (Just want a few more signings MC) All it makes me wonder is who the f**ker was, how quickly can we get a replacement and why the press and apparently even some our own fans always seemed determined to look for a way to drag the club down.

Luke

My words have been massively twisted in that CCEA story to suit the narative.Not happy about it.Last time I give them anything.
The "I'm furious" part (and I didn't even say the word furious) was when he asked me about phone gate and my anger was directed at who was responsible for the leak.The way he's written it seems like I'm pissed at everything and everyone.Good old media.

Last edited:

nearlyyellow

My words have been massively twisted in that CCEA story to suit the narative.Not happy about it.Last time I give them anything.
The "I'm furious" part (and I didn't even say the word furious) was when he asked me about phone gate and my anger was directed at who was responsible for the leak.The way he's written it seems like I'm pissed at everything and everyone.Good old media.
WALOS. :poo: News Ltd. rag :poo: What do you expect? :vomit:
Last time I give them anything
Good tactics, give them nothing, because they always twist any facts to suit their agenda.

FFC Mariner

2 words NO COMMENT

Paolo

Do you consider your membership this season to be devalued?
You mean the season in which we have decided to play a home game in another State and in an area which is a prime catchment area for our opposition?
. because we still have 13 home games this year (our maximum entitlement) ... the geelong game is our 'community round' which we are not entitled to play 'at home' anyway ... as far as i understand
The Community Round is a myth. Newcastle, City and Perth all have 14 home matches at their respective grounds

Manny_ccm

You mean the season in which we have decided to play a home game in another State and in an area which is a prime catchment area for our opposition?

The Community Round is a myth. Newcastle, City and Perth all have 14 home matches at their respective grounds

I don't get the angst - there is nothing new or surprising in Peter's letter and it has been openly stated all along ; we are being paid to play one game elsewhere this year and the club is actively open to being paid to play 1 or 2 lowly attended games each season away from home to help balance the books.

Memberships don't cover games being played away from home, so we are not being "ripped off" as some suggest.

I'm sure Mike will accept any substantial capital injection/share stake you or anyone else are willing to offer to keep the loss making games at home or to even to buy these marquees we don't have/can't afford that some folk keep whining about.

I'd obviously rather all games were here on the Coast but until we're financially sustainable, I won't begrudge the owner doing what's required to keep the club afloat on the coast - the alternative of no club is far worse to me.

Paolo

Being ripped off and feeling my membership is devalued are different things.

Everyone puts value on different things.

VicMariner

I expected as much.

Manny_ccm

Being ripped off and feeling my membership is devalued are different things.

Everyone puts value on different things.

I'm not having a go at you, just hopefully opening up some discussion.
I'm not suggesting you're not entitled to value things as you please but don't for a moment think that your membership is anything more than discounted game day tickets, perhaps some merchandising and being added to a members mailing list.
In our present club structure, the buck stops with the owner and he takes all the risks and has final say.
We are not voting club members of your typical club or association where some form of democracy has final say on any risks and decisions.
We can either accept that and keep being members and/or supporters or not accept it and walk away.

nearlyyellow

don't for a moment think that your membership is anything more than discounted game day tickets, perhaps some merchandising and being added to a members mailing list
Gee, that's very deprecating. :( I would like to think that there is a *little* bit more to CCM membership than that description. :popcorn:

dibo

I'm not having a go at you, just hopefully opening up some discussion.
I'm not suggesting you're not entitled to value things as you please but don't for a moment think that your membership is anything more than discounted game day tickets, perhaps some merchandising and being added to a members mailing list.
In our present club structure, the buck stops with the owner and he takes all the risks and has final say.
We are not voting club members of your typical club or association where some form of democracy has final say on any risks and decisions.
We can either accept that and keep being members and/or supporters or not accept it and walk away.
The nature of a supporter relationship is such that whilst we have no formal power nor democratic say, we're more than just customers.

The reason is that people pick and stick to their football teams. Losing supporters is hard - the support is stuck on. It takes more than a couple of bad experiences to knock them off. But equally, gaining supporters (*real* supporters) is also hard - it's not like getting people to change brands of soap flakes.

So whether we have a vote or not, the club has a real material interest in ensuring that we don't get unstuck by pursuing things that dissolve the glue that binds us here!

nebakke

Heh - I was reading the post above, wondering about that... Listened to the podcast the other day and thought it was pretty clear that you agreed with Monty, as he raged about the leaks etc... So was rather surprised to see that comment...
A bit disappointed though, that that's from the Express Advocate, they seem to have had a pretty decent relations ship with CCM in the past and it's not like they need to sell the paper ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred