• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibo

Isn't/wasn't Stephen Maher a pretty decent local footballer? Going back a ways, but I reckon when I lived up there last (late 90s) he was playing grade with a local club.

Of course, I could also be horribly mistaken...

Rowdy

My words have been massively twisted in that CCEA story to suit the narative.

Then you should demand a written apology from both Steven Maher & The CCEA.

If you dont get a written apology ???
If it were me, then I'd be on Steven Mahers facebook page and 'unloading' as to what a low-life journo he is in misrepresenting the facts, the complete opposite of the tenements of jounalisim.

He gets to write shit about your/our club.
You get to write shit about him & his ethics. Simple.

scoober

Isn't/wasn't Stephen Maher a pretty decent local footballer? Going back a ways, but I reckon when I lived up there last (late 90s) he was playing grade with a local club.

Of course, I could also be horribly mistaken...
Played first grade for east gosford and gosford

Forum Phoenix

That sucks Luke, glad I didn't wrongly take fire at you, because I'd considered it, but was wondering if it represented the full picture. Very disappointed to hear that. You have definitely been wronged. You come off as being the voice of the peoples total dissatisfaction. All so the media can continue it's total club in "crisis" hype fest so they have something more sensational to write about. Journalism has all but gone to the dogs.

If all they want is hype anymore, then our local media should be looking at the other story. #Mariners betrayal. #Handinyourf**kingphone - Major media victim blaming etc. That will capture a Central Coast audience.

Last edited:

Manny_ccm

Gee, that's very deprecating. :( I would like to think that there is a *little* bit more to CCM membership than that description. :popcorn:

The nature of a supporter relationship is such that whilst we have no formal power nor democratic say, we're more than just customers.

The reason is that people pick and stick to their football teams. Losing supporters is hard - the support is stuck on. It takes more than a couple of bad experiences to knock them off. But equally, gaining supporters (*real* supporters) is also hard - it's not like getting people to change brands of soap flakes.

So whether we have a vote or not, the club has a real material interest in ensuring that we don't get unstuck by pursuing things that dissolve the glue that binds us here!

I don't disagree with either of you - I do believe that as a member or supporter we are entitled to believe the club's desire for community engagement entitles us to have a voice in the direction of the club. But, it is ultimately only a voice and the owner must weight that up against financial realities of staying afloat.
My initial point was that simply buying a membership that entitles you to watch 13 home games does not mean you were ripped off when the 14th game that you did not pay for was moved elsewhere - yes it's disappointing but that's our reality and that was the basis on which memberships were sold this year and we were forewarned about loss making games being sold off in future seasons.

FFC Mariner

I have zero sympathy for Charlesworth.

He bought a business that loses money then complains that it loses money.

He then installs complete muppets (or worse) to run said business and destroys nearly 10 years of culture and goodwill.

Finally, he realises this, fires them and (to his credit) installs quality people, and slowly they are starting to change the culture back to the one he managed to destroy.

When CoE is finished and sold, and he pockets his money, he will be long gone. We will either fall over or people who genuinely care about the club and the community can pick up the pieces (somehow)

dibo

I heard ages ago talk that people around/connected to CCF might be interested.

I don't know if it's idle chatter, but if it came off it'd be quite something - locally owned and run, directly connected to the local football community.

rbakersmith

Given that there's supposed to be a licensed club built as part of the CoE, why not have it as the owner - a "Mariners Leagues Club"?

FFC Mariner

I notice that the office block is advertised as "50% sold"

Not sure how that will provide ongoing revenue to the club if it gets sold off.

My understanding is that legally, the coe has as much connection to CCM any other development on the coast. Namely none.

Same owner that's all

midfielder

Shaun

I presume you are still reading this thread..

Let me start by agreeing that part of our solution lies in the northern outskirts of Sydney… However moving games from Gosford is beyond inept further and importantly it will not get the very folk you want from the outskirts of northern Sydney…

I feel very cold at the announcement and it seems so so so out of touch not only of the coastal community but of Sydney’s stadium infrastructure and recent announcements by Lyall Gorman pertaining to a team in Southern Sydney …. Fact is Brookie oval sits in a RL heartland and even Manly with all their success struggle to average 12 k, add the fact t is a very poor stadium … NSO is simply too close to SFC and too far away from the Coast to get any real traction, plus does not meet ground standards.

The obvious nay beyond obvious question is if we can’t pull the crowd in Gosford what makes anyone think we can pull the crowd where we are not a local team simply a product crashing in…

Today with Cronulla / St George / Campbelltown team move very much on the cards there is nowhere to go.

All this was discussed last time what hasn’t been discussed is how much people like me will put up with…. My football journey is long … starting with Auburn, then Blacktown Demons, Northern Spirit and finally the Mariners…

I choose the Mariners for two reasons over SFC, first because Lyall spoke about creating this Centre of Excellence and second as I thought this side will need all the support it can get given the CC is a RL heartland.

My first 30 years on this earth were from Western Sydney, I still have a house in Epping about 10 minutes drive to Parramatta…. Compare the atmosphere ….. many members come from the Gladesville Hornsby Association and many are much much closer to Parramatta than Gosford…

Today I am proud to call myself a Coastie living in Hosfield Bay with my business at Ettalong. However I grow tied of supporting a team that does not want to support the Coast and is seen more as a product than a local entity …

Shaun I can tell you how to get more folk within 5 to 7 Kls of the southern end of the F3… however take some games away and you have lost me as a member and to all those early Saturday and early Sunday games or when it rains or is to hot … You can only push people so far before they say enough is enough … move these games and this time you have lost me as a member and regular no matter what time or what weather and our travelling pack of 5 we are all gone.

Please accept we hear and understand, but the answer is not moving games …

nogbad

My words have been massively twisted in that CCEA story to suit the narative.Not happy about it.Last time I give them anything.
The "I'm furious" part (and I didn't even say the word furious) was when he asked me about phone gate and my anger was directed at who was responsible for the leak.The way he's written it seems like I'm pissed at everything and everyone.Good old media.

I don't know you Luke, but when I read the story in the paper somehow it didn't sound quite right.
I don't use facebook much, but if anybody else feels like leaving a few remarks let us all know and I'll join in.

https://www.facebook.com/CCexpressadvocate

Luca Brasi

I heard ages ago talk that people around/connected to CCF might be interested.

CCF dont have the finances or the expertise to run a pro football club. Their personnel run a good local competition, maintain Pluim Park and have run the FNSW NPL club, which was always a struggle. Professional players, professional coaches, egos, agents, marketing, sponsorship, media as well as $ required would be a bridge too far. Likewise, CCM struggled with running the Academy when they had it - 13 boys/girls/mens/womens teams, SAP teams, ordering gear, dealing with kids/parents, selecting coaches, conciliating disagreements, fixtures, finances. Both have their respective areas of expertise but hopefully the drama of previous years has been overcome. Would love to see the ownership/relocation/financial instability resolved however.

dibo

I didn't say CCF would run it; "people around/connected to" was what I said.

CCMFC as a corporate entity will always be independent, for the simple reason that if it sinks, it doesn't take everything else with it.

CCF wouldn't ever be in a position where CCMFC is being run by CCF, or vice versa. It might run in parallel, by connected people, working in the same direction on different but related projects, but that's not the same as saying CCF is running CCMFC or CCMFC is running CCF.

Ideally they'll work alongside one another, symbiotically.

CCMFC is the right entity to run the NPL setup; it may be that at some point down the track CCF enters a second operation to bolster the opportunities (trial first with CCMFC academy and then if you miss out try CCF), as well as running SAP, regional, etc., but the resources for that should be shared with CCMFC because it'd be a direct feeder.

Imagine down the track you had the following:

Age CCMFC CCF
M18+ NPL1 NPL3
M13-16 NPL T1 NPLT2 (+RYC?)
SAP SAP SAP
F13+ NPL1 SL
GSAP GSAP GSAP

You'd have a base of ~700 players and a revenue base of $800k in pathway programs to run your talent ID. It'd have a big enough base that you're able to get some real stability to it and some depth.

CCF would be free to do what it does best (run local comps for local clubs!), and know that the development pathway is being taken care of.

CCMFC would be free to know that their development pathway is being run well and that their local base is strong, so they can get as many of the participants to be supporters as possible.

This last bit is the biggest risk with any move that takes games away from the Central Coast - there are 13k+ people (plus their families!) who are already committed to football because they play.

We know they're not all members, but we want as many to become members and supporters as possible.

The more we turn off by moving games, the harder it is for us. We're souring the low hanging fruit.

FFC Mariner

Agree. Move games and you will lose me as a member.

I suspect you will lose far more members who will never come back than you will gain as a short term sugar fix by moving games.

Luca Brasi

I didn't say CCF would run it; "people around/connected to" was what I said.
Ok, have not heard this.
CCMFC is the right entity to run the NPL setup
Agree, so does FFA and hence CCM have the license, I trust the leverage you point out can be maximized this time.

RE CCF pathway, this was announced the other day
DEAN HEFFERNAN // New Soccer5s Football Manager & CCFA Technical Director!
We are extremely happy to announce that former Socceroos Player, Dean Heffernan, will become the New Soccer5s Football Manager & CCFA Technical Director.

1. Alex Wilkinson ‏@alexwilkinson84 Nov 20
    Congrats to @Heff35 on his new role at CCFA and Soccer 5's. Great guy to have involved in Central Coast football. #VaVa

Dean Heffernan ‏@Heff35
    Nov 20
  2. @alexwilkinson84 you are to kind Wilks! See you soon mate. #voom #outnumbered

FFC Mariner

That makes it Hutch, Heff & Kwas in the fold.

Great news - Heff (V1.0) was mobbed when he came over after the Newcastle game, we dont forget.

1 more to go.....looks at Wilko

Gratis

doesn't mean Wilko is off the cards but may be less likely. it has only ever been speculation anyway. there was talk he was looking at a big$ move to China, which for his sake I hope he gets. otherwise want him here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred