• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy

Also check out the roar strip and the template looks so much better than ours. Ours looks amateurish with the logos almost chocking the players. Should be over the chest not collar bone

Agree, tooo high.

VicMariner

+1 on the logos being too high.
It's a minor thing but it looks wrong, why do it?

And put the league badge on the sleeves already FFA.

dibo

+1 on the logos being too high.
It's a minor thing but it looks wrong, why do it?

And put the league badge on the sleeves already FFA.
Two reasons that's unlikely:
  1. For some reason our domestic sports leagues (AFL, NRL, NBL, NRC, etc.) all have the league's branding on the front of the shirts. No idea why, and it's not what they do in other places, but they do it here.
  2. The real estate on the sleeve is currently taken by two things - the Hyundai logo (which is worth $$$ to FFA) and the club's sleeve sponsors (which is obviously worth $$$ to the club). Were the league badging to go there, these spots wouldn't be available for sale and people would be even more unhappy if the spot the league badging currently occupies were sold as advertising space (other than the kit manufacturer).

Rowdy

I think the League badge is fine on the front. I think it balances well with Club badges design wise.

As Dibo said it gives the major sponsor pride of place & justifies their inve$tment.

Sleeves provide more 'real-estate' for more $$$'s. Surprised overseas leagues dont adopt same template as us for the monetary reasons alone.

Kit suppliers can always have their nike logo/adidas name centred under the chin slightly below the badges line. like the old Reebok shirts season 1&2

A Club badge + a small sponsor logo + a large major sponsor logo ALL on the front of a kit would look .....too much.

Big Al

Hey Shaun does CCM or the A League have a set of principles or values in relation to sponsors?

I was watching the NBL and noticed the NZ Breakers have Carl's Junior as a major associate sponsor. They are on the back of there uniform where Masterfoods is on our away shirt and at the baselines under the rings on the courts.

What does that have to do with us? Carl's junior are opening there first Australian restaurant at bateau bay and therefore should be a target sponsor and they show through the breakers they are open to sports advertising.

They would be good for our away jersey as they can promote to the other city's there move into Australia, especially Newcastle, Sydney and WSW who might like to visit when they come to watch us.

I understand they come with a little controversy for there advertising strategy with sexy ladies and as a fast food chain don't promote a healthy lifestyle that may be a sports club should. That said maccas, KFC etc are heavily involved in sport. KFC big bash for example.

Another potential is the rise of movies using sports teams to promote there up coming blockbusters with one game deals. E.g. NRL had marvel round or Souths have had a promo for a movie before and the v8's with the Star Wars car. Would certainly suit a national profile of the A League and as away sponsor would be appropriate to our opponents as well as us.

Would any of these ideas be prohibited by the clubs morales or the A Leagues or have we been rejected by these companies?

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey Shaun does CCM or the A League have a set of principles or values in relation to sponsors?

I was watching the NBL and noticed the NZ Breakers have Carl's Junior as a major associate sponsor. They are on the back of there uniform where Masterfoods is on our away shirt and at the baselines under the rings on the courts.

What does that have to do with us? Carl's junior are opening there first Australian restaurant at bateau bay and therefore should be a target sponsor and they show through the breakers they are open to sports advertising.

They would be good for our away jersey as they can promote to the other city's there move into Australia, especially Newcastle, Sydney and WSW who might like to visit when they come to watch us.

I understand they come with a little controversy for there advertising strategy with sexy ladies and as a fast food chain don't promote a healthy lifestyle that may be a sports club should. That said maccas, KFC etc are heavily involved in sport. KFC big bash for example.

Another potential is the rise of movies using sports teams to promote there up coming blockbusters with one game deals. E.g. NRL had marvel round or Souths have had a promo for a movie before and the v8's with the Star Wars car. Would certainly suit a national profile of the A League and as away sponsor would be appropriate to our opponents as well as us.

Would any of these ideas be prohibited by the clubs morales or the A Leagues or have we been rejected by these companies?
Hi Big Al

Technically there is no barriers apart from the natural PR backlash that clubs get for receiving funds and providing endorsements to questionable morales. As a club we are very sensitive to the community aspects and being a brand that reflects well in the community we are often approached by companies needed the goodwill to help their own PR strategies. To be blatant it becomes a risk vs reward model whereby does the investment outweight the bad PR. For example at what stage does a multi-million dollar cheque become too good to refuse? At what point do people stop caring that we were telling kids the wrong things if it meant that we then had a superstar marquee player? It is hard balance to get right that generally see's us turn away valuable revenue.

dibo

I had a good in with Smith and Wesson who wanted to pay us squillions to promote handguns on our shirts.

Nuts... ;)

Forum Phoenix

Hey Shaun, could you please take a look at the songs and chants thread and consider having a word or two with Rowdy. Best Idea for a club song I've come across so far, and quite a few others on here feel the same way.

Thanks

VicMariner

FFC Mariner

I assume the dreadful GoT "anthem" has been dumped.

Not that you can hear it in most of the ground. The only advantage of the worst PA system in any ground I've been to in this country.

9 other clubs picked songs people know and will sing. Adelaide got Wonderwall damn them.

dibo

Still got played the other day.

On another note, complaints about people standing at football have raised their heads again. A suggestion was made that an area with no seats be set aside.

I like the idea. If we get a posse with crowbars and some elbow grease, we can sort Bay 16 in a couple of hours I reckon.

We'll charge the club a case of beer each and you can keep the seats as spares in case you need them.

style_cafe

Hi Shaun,
Can I ask "who thought it was a good idea to play with the scoreboard"?
Fantastic idea? now when sitting back past the halfway line patrons can`t even see the clock! the stats would even be useful if they weren`t so damn small.
We`re not at the football stadium with a screen 4 times the size of ours.
Please at least put the time clock back to it`s original size...

Also, in an effort to enhance the match day experience of our supporters :
If there is only going to be a limited supply of the LOOSE CANNON would it not be wise to give them to supporters in Yellow & Navy?
Against Sydney last week I got there 40 mins before KO & there was none left, but every Sydney fan sitting in front of me had a copy!!

Thanks, rant over

Last edited:

Wombat

On another note, complaints about people standing at football have raised their heads again. A suggestion was made that an area with no seats be set aside.

I like the idea. If we get a posse with crowbars and some elbow grease, we can sort Bay 16 in a couple of hours I reckon.

We'll charge the club a case of beer each and you can keep the seats as spares in case you need them.

They can use them to replace all the broken ones at the back of bay 17

Luke

I second this.There is enough broken seats in bay 16 that we could knock it out easy and would probably be cheaper then replacing them all constantly.

So when do we start Shaun?

Rowdy

It'll never happen!

We're not the only ones that use the stadium.

The Neanderthal Rugby Leaguers lose, what a whole Bay of seating ? asking people who ALL traditionally sit on their derrière's the whole game only standing to scream 'cnut' at either the ref or opposition.

I'd LOVVVVVE a 'standing terrace' style Bay 16. BUT it has its negatives also.

You'd need to install 'lean' bars to prevent forward falls/crushes when the Bay has big numbers.

The other issue is that without seats, you'd have to have painted boxes on the ground 'representative of a seat' so that for safety concern the Bay doesn't exceed it's capacity.

In conjunction with this Bay16 is 'reserved' seating which some think isnt necessary whereas i disagree. I've bought a membership for Bay16 since it was offered, which secures my 'seat' where I like to be situated in the Bay with the rest of my mates 'for the rest of our Football following years'.

As long as my fellow mates & I renew our Bay16 Memberships before the cut-off date when the seats are then offered to new members were good to go for another season.

Only just last home game before, against Melb. City we had to let some group of people sitting in our seats that they were in fact sitting in ours, we didnt mind and moved to the row in front letting them know that most in the Bay 'stand'. They vacated as soon as the game kicked off.

Numbers in Bay16 WILL grow (after 10 years I'd have hoped it would of been FULL by now :() but it will happen eventually.

Which is an IMPORTANT factor, if you like to be Bay16 and DONT have a Bay16 Membership then you should DEFINITELY get one NOW & renew it every year without fail.

Because one day your 'arse' might miss the boat as it set's sail into the future ;)

Imagine 10 years from now sitting next to someone in the corner with the flag as your view and telling them that you used to 'sit over THERE! in that packed rambunctious chanting mass of yellow in Bay16 BUT wasnt smart enough to secure a 'seat' for life. :unsure:

NOT me.

Last edited:

VicMariner

It'll never happen!

We're not the only ones that use the stadium.

The Neanderthal Rugby Leaguers lose, what a whole Bay of seating ? asking people who ALL traditionally sit on their derrière's the whole game only standing to scream 'cnut' at either the ref or opposition.

I'd LOVVVVVE a 'standing terrace' style Bay 16. BUT it has its negatives also.

You'd need to install 'lean' bars to prevent forward falls/crushes when the Bay has big numbers.

The other issue is that without seats, you'd have to have painted boxes on the ground 'representative of a seat' so that for safety concern the Bay doesn't exceed it's capacity.
The stadium could install rail seating in bay 16:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_standing#Rail_seats
Seats or standing with incorporated surge rails. Best of both worlds, everyone should be happy.

It will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member