• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Mariner

Can we go back to having a full charge in the cannon like when it was originally fired?

I remember it scaring half the Smurfs out of their seats.

For most of last season it sounded very turned down.

Shaun Mielekamp

Definitely working on getting the Cannon much much louder. Luke is right about the sprinklers as there was an extra watering of the pitch that caught everyone off guard even the sauce bottles had a nice unexpected shower. Did you hear the cannon at the FFA cup?

dibo

Thanks for reminding me. We did a test run before kick off that scared the life out of the Wellington staff who were on field at the time. it was very loud.
Was just having a lend of you - I missed the pre-game shot that night (rushing up from Sydney to see the game) but the third in-game shot was alright on the weekend IIRC.

Maybe a Quintrex boats 'cannon cap' for pre-game to protect against the sprinklers? Or they might have some other product that they can promo there?

universalmind

Shaun,

I understand the answer to this question may be subject to certain confidentiality restrictions, however I'll ask it anyway.
Have you ever seen Damien de Bohun and Tony Walmsley in the same room?

any inside info is much appreciated.

style_cafe

Was just having a lend of you - I missed the pre-game shot that night (rushing up from Sydney to see the game) but the third in-game shot was alright on the weekend IIRC.

Maybe a Quintrex boats 'cannon cap' for pre-game to protect against the sprinklers? Or they might have some other product that they can promo there?

A DUREX sponsorship maybe????????
Imagine the ad... " Cover your Cannon with Durex". :overheadl:

Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun,

I understand the answer to this question may be subject to certain confidentiality restrictions, however I'll ask it anyway.
Have you ever seen Damien de Bohun and Tony Walmsley in the same room?

any inside info is much appreciated.
I have actually been in the same room with them both, it was very confusing :)

true believer

g'day shaun may you please inform us of any cross coaching links with everton .
will we be using any of their resources to help improve our roster ?
if so , may you please tell us what elements that involves .

Rowdy

A DUREX sponsorship
maybe????????
Imagine the ad... " Cover your Cannon with Durex". :overheadl:

Is it ribbed for our pleasure :vhappy: lol

Coupl'a 'ribbed-ticklers' there.

Just need a giant vibrating 'cannon-ring' for it's base & the cannon is all set for a trip to Pulse after a Sat nite home game.

Maybe the Cannon can entice FFC Mariner (Thurbs) to make another 'Pulse guest appearance' :cool:

FFC Mariner

Not happening Rowdy. I have made my stupid bet for this season already

(we make the GF and I will buy one of the stupid shirts)

Gratis

Hi Shaun,

I have a question that I expect will be on the minds of many, soon if not already.

We have a model as a club of developing youth and selling them on to bigger things - a model I am sure most fans are happy enough with, including myself. However...

Most years the reality is that our season is often derailed to some extent during the January transfer window when many of these sales are made. We can be sailing sweetly only to tack limply over the line by the finals due to the offloading of our seasoned crew - to keep a nautical theme.

Can you offer any reassurance that there is a strategy in place to minimise the inevitable disruptions that must arise through running this model?

For example I wonder if having a relevant proportion of the youth team train primarily with the senior team throughout the season might be of value. This would allow any sudden replacement players the fitness, tactical and positional understanding required to slot into the setup.

I realise it may be difficult to offer any detail at this point but any reassurance or info would be great. It's not a new problem for the Mariners but is one that is sure to increase with our focus increasingly on youth development and sales. It is also a foreseeable problem and a contingency is required.

Thanks in advance.

Big Al

What's with no front of shirt sponsor on the away shirt against roar?

Surely could have got something by now. If not would it not be better to discount for the game to entice someone or even give a potential sponsor a freebie with a promo to get them interested. E.g. Crowne plaza and run a promo $50 off if mention the Mariners shirt or something so can say you got 50 hits from your sponsorship etc

Or why not just reward Masterfoods with a freebie for there continued service until you secure someone. What's the thinking of going blank?

Also check out the roar strip and the template looks so much better than ours. Ours looks amateurish with the logos almost chocking the players. Should be over the chest not collar bone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb