CCM Fans and the club

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Shaun Mielekamp, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

Should have listened to the podcast first - it appears the answers are yes to more players and yes to a Visa but not necessarily immediately.

Go on Coastie Crew 16 - this is your chance to throw on another Dislike rating. Wouldn't want you to miss an opportunity *grin*

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Coast Football Ramble

Coast Football Ramble Well-Known Member

Thanks for throwing out the recommendation to listen to us :D

Glad we answered your question and you enjoyed it (hopefully).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

Shaun's exclusive player signing that he told you about off air - was that Fox? Timing makes me think that it was.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coast Football Ramble

Coast Football Ramble Well-Known Member

Yeah, he and Tyson both left a number of cheeky clues for us to pick out.
    Eg: No Fox Given.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

I couldn’t resist sorry waspish :piralaugh::innocent:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Hey Shaun, will the special coastie jersey be available for purchase? It’s a very special concept and it’s been done perfectly, even if the club went with the red dotted one people would be all over it.
    And is it being considered as the away kit or 3rd kit for this season? I feel like that would be a wonderful touch to recognise our regions football roots and would show a unified central coast football community.
    If none of that is being considered and it’s not going to be sold, please reconsider even as a limited run or something!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

Hi Shaun

There is some confusion on this forum.

Is the Coastie Crew Bay 16 the Official Active Supporters Club of the Mariners as per their branding? Is this something the club has ratified?

Cheers
    Mick

• Like Like x 7
  8. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known Member

Agree, I'll take one right now.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Sign me up for one in fat bastard size please

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Yep nicest kit we’ve produced imo. Would take one also,

11. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice New Member

I'd love a fat bastard size of the FFA Cup shirt (with FFA Cup badge).

Shaun, would like to give the club mad wraps for getting the memberships out so early on this season. Ive been critical of this in the past when packs were late arriving, but to have them out so early has given me excitement and anticipation for the up-coming season!

Also, when is the new jearsey being revealed? If the stickers in the members pack are anything like the real ones, im looking forward to see it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Oh definitely 3rd kit! Ill buy it for sure if it comes out for purchase.

13. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Hi Shaun

Jimmy from the podcast took minutes of a meeting re active support that you attended the other day. In the minutes it said "Management rights of the stadium would also secure us a W-league team".

Is this now a pre-condition for a W-League team?

14. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Just my 2c / speculation - I doubt it, very few new teams could meet that benchmark. It would however mean we can invest in the required upgrades to facilities (change rooms etc..) knowing we can make money back with the revenue streams management rights opens up.

15. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Sorry I probably should have said is it a pre-condition for the club to run a W-League team. We now have the required changerooms.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun Mielekamp Well-Known Member

Just to clarify there is a imminent W-League expansion predicted by the new leagues strategic direction. Of course there is currently 3 and soon to be 4 A-League clubs without W-League. Stadium strategy and agreements will be a huge differential between W-League options and that is my personal opinion that a management rights opportunity would be enough to get the W-League finally across the line once and for all.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

Shaun

Anything you can release pertaining to the next visa player... i.e. timing, position, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  18. midfielder

Shaun

Two questions.

1] Can you give us an update on the COE.

2] Visa player, with roughly two and a half weeks to kick off, are we more or less likely to sign the visa player before the season starts.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun Mielekamp Well-Known Member

Hey Midfielder

1. The COE is going ok, there isnt much progress for development at the moment as plans for a 2nd access are being worked through, this will take a while. But fields are in good condition and we have extended the warm up field to almost be full sized.
    2. It is hard to say in regards to the last visa spot, we have been close at times but the right player hasn't landed yet. All discussions have been with players in the front third - to be honest I am unsure if something will happen by season kick off but if it doesnt it wont be from lack of trying.

• Like Like x 6
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  20. midfielder

Thanks