CCM Fans and the club

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Shaun Mielekamp, Oct 2, 2015.

1. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

As a rate payer I would rather this go to competitive tender so that my council maximises it's revenue
    Yes I'm a fan but why should the coast residents be expected to do favours for CCM
    (Personally I don't think the council will release control anyway)

• Like Like x 1
  2. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

I fully understand this. However, I think it is wider than just the monetary value that should be considered.

This is a community asset that is essentially closed to the community for the vast majority of the year. Opening the asset up for community use should also be considered - not just the dollars and cents that the Council will get.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

I understand where you are coming from. The council has a duty to ensure it receives a reasonable sum for the use of it's asset and this shouldn't be a charity exercise, but at the same time awarding the rights to someone other than the only tenant the stadium has does nothing to ensure the long term occupation of the facility. Why fill the pockets of a third party and risk the club being gouged and walking away? In the long run that hurts everyone and the stadium will see even less use.

As a starting point perhaps they need to look at the revenue and expenses they currently have that the mariners would be taking on and ensuring they come out better off than they have been. Do some projections based on increased usage and find some sensible middle ground that isnt either party taking the piss.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  4. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

In addition to the last point the club wants people to get to the stadium which makes it a good partner for the council and community, if there's returns from food and beverage sales they have more flexibility to run promotions at a loss on ticketing to get people through the door. That brings more people to the Gosford CBD on match days and helps local businesses. They'll have incentive to bring other events to get more return which again brings in people to the area. They have a big incentive to oversee the quality of food and beverage options and facilities because match day is their experience end to end.

If you go to a third party their sole interest is generating a profit and recouping whatever premium they might offer over CCM in a tender process. More people in the gate benefits them but it's on the club to do the heavy lifting. They may decide the market will bear an increase in pricing or lowering of quality to improve their bottom line at the expense of attendees and the tenant. They will also go after additional events so that much doesnt change although there may be potential for conflict of interest if they manage other facilities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

His track record running CCM and the COE is not encouraging. Arguably both have been run into the ground during MC's tenure. I understand the COE pitch is unplayable?
    I absolutely take everyone's point that it makes sense for it to be CCM, I just can easily understand why the council wouldn't let him anywhere near it.
    Anyway, it would be a separate company that owns the rights not CCM (again, if his track record is a clue)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

Valid points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun Mielekamp Well-Known Member

Just for reference the proposal is for the actual football club entity that holds the license to run the venue. It is a small but significant detail as it would not be the development or foundation entities.

• Informative x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Interesting x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Shaun.
    Would that mean we could also have a licenced premises onsite? and would control all food and beverage sales onsite?..:popcorn:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

Thinking about opening one of your popcorn franchises there?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

I`d take the popcorn stand anytime mate,nothing like a nice thick caramel coated popcorn....mmmmm yum...:popcorn:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shaun Mielekamp

Potentially yes - lots to unravel but you get the core elements of the proposal. Plus would also mean that there is more bang for buck on A-League performances and bigger crowds.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

Shaun. I heard part of the interview you gave before the game on Saturday.
    Any chance of repeating the gist of what was said here?
    Or perhaps the blokes at 96.3 would have the audio and make it available?
    Thanks.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shaun Mielekamp

Hey Pirate Pete, apologies for delay in getting back to you. I seem to be getting less and less time to jump on here lately in a busy period for us at the club. I am trying to recall what it was that i might have said on the interview, from memory i was mainly talking about "benchgate" that was happening at the time.
    Not much I can say publicly at the moment in regards to the stadium but simply that the process is underway to have a serious discussion and when we can elaborate more we will - but lots to do in the meantime.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1