CCM Fans and the club

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Shaun Mielekamp, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Tim

Tim Member

Hi Shaun

A quick thanks for a terrific family day today. Our two young boys were thrilled to meet the players and get some autographs. In particular, a big thanks to Matt Simon who (after my request) approached our shy 8 years old boy, introduced himself and spent a few mins having a chat with a star struck young lad and made his day! Also, well done to GG and DDS who spent plenty of time playing with the kids on the mini soccer fields. DDS, in particular, stayed and played with the kids for long past the time other players had left, great experience for a bunch of young kids who left as big Danny fans!!! Well done, Shaun, to you and the CCM team!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Nice to read that Tim. My kids have grown up now - but remember seeing their star struck little eyes on similar events too in the early years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

Shaun

Comment... not a question...

In the broader context of Indy Hal, we have a responsibility to have a quality team... the lack of a striker and apparent lack of funds is hurting...

Across the league, rating are down, memberships massively down, with the promise that once the clubs got in charge things would be different.... MC was one of the biggest movers re Indy Hal.

Indy Hal is trending south, we have just had a 3 year civil war so the clubs could run the competition...

Not only does CCM owe something to its hard core rusted on's... we have been / are in a privileged position, in that we play in a non P & R league, meaning our spot regardless of what we do can't change... plus the promise made once we get control the difference will be huge...

Indy Hal will struggle for a future media deal, Fox want out and no commercial will go near us...

I find it beyond disappointing and quite sad that we where one of the big pushers behind creating Indy Hal yet we still won't invest ... seemingly wanting others to do the heavy lifting....

There is only so long you can live on past glories...

Hal is not that old and many who are here and have been here come from other teams and other codes ... its not Europe and you can't demand respect you need to command it ...

I want Football to succeed in Australia... what we are doing will not help that in fact be counter to that... we have a broadcast deal on the ABC and at best two years to turn it around...

Shaun, I can only hope we are prepared to pull our wait, and help grow Football, rather than being what I see as a feeder of what others are doing...

Sermon over...

• Like Like x 2
  4. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

If I'm Charlesworth, I would be asking what f**kwit signed Majok

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

There has to be a business case for spending on a striker. Without some improvements on the pitch we’re likely to keep going backwards. We’ve got memberships listed at 255 for a GA Navy so I’ll use that figure, early birds will be cheaper but reserved seating more expensive so it likely balances out somewhere there.

If we drop 500 members because we make the same mistakes in underinvestment that’s 127k less coming in. I don’t think that’s too pessimistic and you’ll have trends you can review in house. If we sell 500 less tickets per game that’s 6500 less people through the gate over the season, let’s assume we see $15 on average from those tickets, that’s 97k. Not stopping the slide could plausibly cost us over 220k.

But what if we spent the funds and not only stopped the slide but reversed the trend and added that many members and people through the gate. I’d even say that possibility is underestimating the people that could come back. We would by the same numbers add 220k to our income so we’ve gone from another rubbish season continuing the trend to a moderately successful one and a difference of around 440k. I’ve deliberately not speculated on the sponsorship implications of not being a basket case and the savings that might come from not needing to overspend to compete with other mid table sizes for the same players.

Surely the numbers add up and there’s someone capable we can get for that kind of money.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  7. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

From all accounts if they're to be believed they are looking yeah? They have the spot and are actively looking to full it but haven't committed to it being a striker. Stajics words were "the best fit" weren't they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Yep. Seemed that what Staj was saying between the lines was, we can't get a striker you would want for the money we have at this time of year and given our recent history.

9. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Hi Shaun

There are renewed reports that the Chinese owner of the Newcastle Jets, Martin Lee, would like to sell the team after running short of money due to his Ledman Optoelectronic Group being hit by the trade war with the US

If true - how would this work under the new HAL arrangement..

1) Does the Newcastle license stay in Newcastle?
    2) Can Canberra *the next identified" team put in a bid for it and move the license to Canberra?

TBH I want to be adding teams - not moving them.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. AuzDutchy

AuzDutchy Member

How does the club agree to/allow us to have a bye followed by the last game of the round ???

11. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

Well somebody has to have it - why do you think we get a say in that?

• Like Like x 2
  12. AuzDutchy

AuzDutchy Member

Because it seems like the draw has been altered and re-altered to suit teams objecting to certain aspects of it, so surely CCM have approved the current draw.

The club could have at least made a point about it, telling us they've accepted X Y & Z fixtures to allow us to have fixtures A B & C be on more agreeable dates/times. If we've been given the bye followed by last game of the round, but in turn we got a better NYE fixture/better sunday kick offs then suddenly its easier to handle as a fan

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

It's not really an issue in the big picture is it? You're never going to get the early game playing Perth at home. That takes 2 of 5 slots per round out of the equation right away and then they need to look at ground availability and other factors for the other 3 slots. You won't be happy then when we have our second bye before round 10.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun Mielekamp Well-Known Member

I am not sure what is in the Newcastle License if it stipulates that they must remain in Newcastle. The FFA/A-League does have the right to dictate where games are and are not played, so hard to really say if that would be an option for Martin lee or not to relocate but I highly doubt anyone thinks not having a team in Newcastle is a good idea.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun Mielekamp Well-Known Member

The club does not have the ability to approve or reject the draw and dates issued for the bye. We have the opportunity to make recommendations and provide feedback. We made 10 requests and only had two accepted being NYE which we always have to request and Jets as first home game.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  16. AuzDutchy

AuzDutchy Member

Fair enough. Thanks

17. Kripple

Kripple New Member

Shaun. Thanks for the information. I would be interested to know what the 8 requests were that were not accepted. Do you receive feedback on the 'success rate' of other clubs requests?