• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastalraider

Just adding onto this we have been notified today of when our FFA cup match is being played. Since then we have been working on 2-3 matches that we are planning in the lead up to our game vs Maitland. Aiming to have all details out by mid next week and aiming to have as many of these matches here on the coast as possible so everyone can see the teams first hit outs in pre-season.
Great news Shaun, and a huge thanks for these updates in the last couple of weeks.

I think it’s made a massive difference to the mood amongst the supporters, as the radio silence was very concerning. It’s very much appreciated.

Capt. Awesome

Hi Shaun, will the decision to approve the independent A-League be the catalyst for Mike to invest more in the squad now that he has more say in the running of the game?

Shaun Mielekamp

The best way that I can answer this is that Mike has always been very passionate about this change and felt it was vital to the longevity and growth of the A-League. Of course the proof will be in the pudding and I am sure that this will not hurt the chances of future investment and is designed to enhance the chances - whether that be from Mike or from other potential investors willing to contribute into a club that now has a say in how the competition is being run. It is a very positive step that is for sure.

midfielder

Shaun

Huge nay mega favour / request ... hhhmmm mostly non Mariner related.

Shaun, I have two clients who are interested in AFL and they have both told me their players numbers are on the toilet and heading further south..

Tonight I drove past an AFL controlled ground and no lights no players ... while my Football associates tell me they atre turning away players.

Can the Mariners officially approach council about lack of use of AFL grounds when their is massive demand for using these parks for Football.

My understanding is AFL player numbers on the Coast is under 300 players ...

If you can have some AFL unused ovals transferred to Football I am sure the club would benefit as well as local Football... also Union is also losing players as I understand.

Jocwa08

Shaun

Huge nay mega favour / request ... hhhmmm mostly non Mariner related.

Shaun, I have two clients who are interested in AFL and they have both told me their players numbers are on the toilet and heading further south..

Tonight I drove past an AFL controlled ground and no lights no players ... while my Football associates tell me they atre turning away players.

Can the Mariners officially approach council about lack of use of AFL grounds when their is massive demand for using these parks for Football.

My understanding is AFL player numbers on the Coast is under 300 players ...

If you can have some AFL unused ovals transferred to Football I am sure the club would benefit as well as local Football... also Union is also losing players as I understand.

Jeez it’s been years since my last post.

Followed the forum but didn’t have much need to post.

I coach a local AFL women’s team. Our numbers in females has gone from 20 to 35 in two years, tonight’s session I had three new girls keen to try AFL, 90% of my side is made up of former soccer players, the Coast has seen the women’s teams rise from 1 to 5 since the beginning on the women’s comp and in the hunter coast competition it has gone from 8 teams to 15.

This is women alone.

While I don’t know a great deal about our junior club it has seen a growth of 30% each season for the past two seasons.

I could have a guess and say the club you are looking at is the Gosford Tigers at Adcock Park?
They have fallen off the radar in recent years, numbers have fallen and from reports it’s due to upper management and lack of volunteers. Most of the people who have left the Tigers remain in the sport.

AFL on the Coast isn’t slipping, most clubs are seeing growth.

Insertnamehere

Jeez it’s been years since my last post.

Followed the forum but didn’t have much need to post.

I coach a local AFL women’s team. Our numbers in females has gone from 20 to 35 in two years, tonight’s session I had three new girls keen to try AFL, 90% of my side is made up of former soccer players, the Coast has seen the women’s teams rise from 1 to 5 since the beginning on the women’s comp and in the hunter coast competition it has gone from 8 teams to 15.

This is women alone.

While I don’t know a great deal about our junior club it has seen a growth of 30% each season for the past two seasons.

I could have a guess and say the club you are looking at is the Gosford Tigers at Adcock Park?
They have fallen off the radar in recent years, numbers have fallen and from reports it’s due to upper management and lack of volunteers. Most of the people who have left the Tigers remain in the sport.

AFL on the Coast isn’t slipping, most clubs are seeing growth.
I think the low point was when I was playing U18s and Ressies at Wyong in the early 00s. We didnt even have a first grade team, let alone women.

midfielder

The issue is use of community resources. The number of ovals the AFL have is too many, considering every news article on radio, TV has the AFL, constant showing on 7 with heaps of cross over add in MacDonalds in house ads... add the number of years the ovals have been around.

My guess is for every player at an AFL oval if it was a Football oval there would an extra 3 to 4 players.

No one is suggesting the AFL should not have ovals, nor be banned but holding the number of ovals they do for the players they have is the issue... and remember this is after years of media, events, TV, radio etc.... its not like they have only had a year or two ...

scoober

The issue is use of community resources. The number of ovals the AFL have is too many, considering every news article on radio, TV has the AFL, constant showing on 7 with heaps of cross over add in MacDonalds in house ads... add the number of years the ovals have been around.

My guess is for every player at an AFL oval if it was a Football oval there would an extra 3 to 4 players.

No one is suggesting the AFL should not have ovals, nor be banned but holding the number of ovals they do for the players they have is the issue... and remember this is after years of media, events, TV, radio etc.... its not like they have only had a year or two ...
For you @midfielder
Junior AFL Ovals
Adcock Park West Gosford
Adelaide St Oval Adelaide St Tumbi Umbi
Bateau Bay Sports Facility (Passage Rd) Passage Road Bateau Bay
Don Small Oval Wolseley Av Tacoma
Hylton Moore Oval Wattle St East Gosford
Lisarow Sporting Complex (Narara Valley Sporting Field) The Ridgeway Lisarow
Northlakes Oval San Remo
Rogers Park Woy Woy
Saratoga Oval Willaroo Road Saratoga

Senior ovals onto of those mentioned above
Central Coast Regional Sporting and Recreation Complex Field 9 20 Lake Road Tuggerah 2259
Central Coast Regional Sporting and Recreation Complex Oval 1/2

Jocwa08

I think the low point was when I was playing U18s and Ressies at Wyong in the early 00s. We didnt even have a first grade team, let alone women.

I’m the coach at Wyong
We’ve seen a lot of growth with the right people in the right places.

To be fair our juniors only train Wednesday nights, seniors Tuesday and Thursday, if soccer had it the other nights who controls the wear and tear? Takes blame from council when it’s not up to standard?

turbo

Whether it’s justified to ask about redistribution of fields or not it’s not something the mariners should get involved in. It can only serve to create bad blood and risks driving away supporters. They’d be better off lobbying for more grounds like the ground development at Avoca that got knocked back.

style_cafe

Dunno how much i believe it when SFC are higher than MVC. Certainly it would be only because SFC are going well. As for BBL teams, fk me if they are leading the pack over AFL teams.

Yeah, I was pretty sceptical too.
Just reading a bit about how they approached the survey had my "Bullshit" alarms going off big time...:popcorn:

It appeared to me that the approach was to bash the most popular sport, then gather as many names,addresses and emails as possible from those wanting more information.

pjennings

8000 people from 25,000,000. We live an area of 340,000, so maybe 42 respondents from the Central Coast. Our attendance per capita is stll better than most teams but let's assume 1 or 2 of those 42 are attendees. So 7998 are not. Of those how many of those are going to identify with a team that has had consecutive wooden spoons.

Forum Phoenix

Farcical.

I expect A league clubs to be behind most other codes, and FFA has been very poor. But this is still just a transparent, low value, money grubbing promotions exercise. So silly.

What did they ask people?

1. Would you let your club walk:

A) alone
B) partially accompanied
C) mostly accompanied
D) never alone

2. If there was a house fire, would you save...

A) your children
B) your spouse
C) your mother in law
D) Matt Simon
E) none of the above

SuperHans

How could JP forget Matt Simaldo’s 4 goals in 19min master class against a high quality Palm Beach FC that same year.
Shame JP, shame upon you.
I'd like to see him score during play, not from set pieces. He may have a high work rate but he isnt good enough for his league. Ive been a member for nearly 10 years and cant remember him ever faking a defender, and beating him. Poor role model for the team (what idiot made him Captain??) let alone for the kids. I've reduced out number of platinum memberships from 4 to 3 a couple of seasons ago and now to 2. If Charlesworth wont invest in the club, why should I? It may be down to only one next year and then who knows.

I've taken to following the Wollongong Wolves this year (I have family there and go to a game once a month or so). Far more satisfying to watch a team play quality football. I didnt know how they were going when decided to follow them, but its nice to follow a team that actually wins games regularly. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these blokes in the Mariners squad.
Thomas James (surely we could dump Simon for him)? I think he is leading scorer in the comp.
Takeru Okada (ditto for McGlinchey) Very smart, talented midfielder.
Bul Juach (incredibly fast, talented, hard working Somali born kid, I think he is only 18. I heard that when he played in Canberra he would keep in shape by running with our Olympic runners there!).
BTW, I watched the game against Manly U, NOT very convincing even if we won 4-1. First 1/3rd we were pressed and out played. Admittedly we were not fielding our first 11, but all of our goals came from set pieces (one penalty and 3 headers fro corners), we didnt exactly cut them to pieces in the field. There should be a gulf between these 2 teams but sadly there wasnt.

Forum Phoenix

I'd like to see him score during play, not from set pieces. He may have a high work rate but he isnt good enough for his league. Ive been a member for nearly 10 years and cant remember him ever faking a defender, and beating him. Poor role model for the team (what idiot made him Captain??) let alone for the kids. I've reduced out number of platinum memberships from 4 to 3 a couple of seasons ago and now to 2. If Charlesworth wont invest in the club, why should I? It may be down to only one next year and then who knows.

I've taken to following the Wollongong Wolves this year (I have family there and go to a game once a month or so). Far more satisfying to watch a team play quality football. I didnt know how they were going when decided to follow them, but its nice to follow a team that actually wins games regularly. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these blokes in the Mariners squad.
Thomas James (surely we could dump Simon for him)? I think he is leading scorer in the comp.
Bul Juach (incredibly fast, talented, hard working Somali born kid, I think he is only 18. I heard that when he played in Canberra he would keep in shape by running with our Olympic runners there!).
BTW, I watched the game against Manly U, NOT very convincing even if we won 4-1. First 1/3rd we were pressed and out played. Admittedly we were not fielding our first 11, but all of our goals came from set pieces (one penalty and 3 headers fro corners), we didnt exactly cut them to pieces in the field. There should be a gulf between these 2 teams but sadly there wasnt.

I think that first 30 was only half what will be our starting side.

Seoul brothers, DDS, Murray, Oar, and hopefully a new keeper all to come in. We looked good second 30. Agree on Matty. Majok looked a much better option.

Ironbark

No one sections SuperHans

priorpeter

Charlesworth invested plenty of money last year pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred