• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbo

Happy to be unpopular for this but Ingham wont be a starter for us
It really depends on the formation and where certain players drop in. I could see a situation where we play 4-1-4-1 again and in that line up Oar could play on the wing or more central to let Ingham play on the left. I'd expect DDS to be the other central player which would put Kim on the right wing. Or if Kim plays in the middle with DDS then the right wing opens up.

Yeah was never a major player for Victory, but it was usually marquees ahead of him or injury
Being a small team with a lesser budget we should absolutely be looking for gems not getting time in the big teams. We need to get some credibility back to make us more attractive and those players won''t always fire but there's no reason they can't be decent for us.

Ironbark

Hi Shaun,

Can you shed any light on whether there is any chance the Korean players might be signed in time for the FFA cup?

I realise that a definitive answer is unlikely, but is it a possibility or a definite no at this time?

Thanks

Forum Phoenix

Also Shaun, at the forum it seemed like we were targeting another visa player, appreciate those targets may have fallen through. Korean paperwork aside, is our squad all but done barring a keeper. Or is there still hustling going on BTS?

SuperHans

God, lets hope so, let me get this straight; we have 2 Koreans with drinking problems and a Scotsman without one :)

NoDiggity

Also Shaun, while we have you.
Can you comment at all on if the new structure of the a-league/FFA and if this will increase the chances of us getting a W-League team?

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi Shaun,

Can you shed any light on whether there is any chance the Korean players might be signed in time for the FFA cup?

I realise that a definitive answer is unlikely, but is it a possibility or a definite no at this time?

Thanks
There is a 50/50 chance that one of them may have his ITC before the FFA cup. The other is going to take a little longer. It is just a long process of dealing with immigration, FIFA, FFA, KFA and K-League.

Shaun Mielekamp

Also Shaun, at the forum it seemed like we were targeting another visa player, appreciate those targets may have fallen through. Korean paperwork aside, is our squad all but done barring a keeper. Or is there still hustling going on BTS?
There is 100% another visa player on the cards to take us to the full quota this season of visa players, I can't say much more until it all happens but next few weeks we will have additions to the squad still.

Shaun Mielekamp

Also Shaun, while we have you.
Can you comment at all on if the new structure of the a-league/FFA and if this will increase the chances of us getting a W-League team?
Yes this will dramatically increase the chances. There are some significant meetings to be had over the next 4 weeks and our W-League aspirations have not changes at all. An important part will be finding a major sponsor for our W-League which we are working on.

Michael

Thanks for the updates Shaun, very much appreciated.
Although it’d be great to have atleast one Seoul bro for the cup match, we should be fine. Good to know they’ve committed to us during this arduous process. Must be extremely frustrating dealing with that many different organisations.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hi Shaun, at the start of our home games our players are announced on the jumbo screen. Can you please include Staj and MC in this so that we fans can express our support for them?
I will definitely check in with Carly on the match day plans here. By MC you mean Mike Charlesworth? Only in China have I seen that Chairman announced during pre-match and whilst that was Jack Ma who received a 65,000 standing ovation! I am not sure A-League chairman in general would get the same treatment would they?

SuperHans

I will definitely check in with Carly on the match day plans here. By MC you mean Mike Charlesworth? Only in China have I seen that Chairman announced during pre-match and whilst that was Jack Ma who received a 65,000 standing ovation! I am not sure A-League chairman in general would get the same treatment would they?
Absolutely! After everything Mike has done to the club he deserves nothing less!

Last edited:

Michael

Hey Shaun, can you provide any insight into what’s happened with Jai Ingham? Was it Staj that’s decided he doesn’t fit or Ingham being a pea heart? And will he still count against the salary cap?
Also, are you able to confirm if one of the Seoul bro’s isn’t sticking around and which one? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb