• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich a Mariner ?????

goingtoadisco

atomic i see were your coming from but i realy think that from a performance enhanceing view using cocaine would definatly be a bad idea. the negatives would far outway and advantages.

pjennings

Atomic - as not one of God's slimmest creatures I should be offended - or are you calling Bozza slimy.

Atomic

goingtoadisco said:
atomic i see were your coming from but i realy think that from a performance enhanceing view using cocaine would definatly be a bad idea. the negatives would far outway and advantages.

Agreed. I'm just being the devil's advocate here. Having said that though, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that just a little coke immediately prior to taking the field might see one through the full 90 minutes. I remember Greg Alexander talking about having a couple of tabs of "No Doze" in order to be alert for the game... same principle I guess.

Atomic

pjennings said:
Atomic - as not one of God's slimmest creatures I should be offended - or are you calling Bozza slimy.

lol. I can talk becasue I am a fat 'keeper for the mighty Woy Woy Roosters over 35's. From my perspective, Bozza is trim, taught and terrific!

swarey

Gold Coast keen on Bosnich

6 August 2008 | 07:40 - SBS EXCLUSIVE

Gold Coast United are preparing to swoop on Mark Bosnich after it became clear at the weekend he will not be offered anything more than a short-term contract by Lawrie McKinna's Central Coast Mariners.

Miron Bleiberg, head coach of A-League's new boys in waiting, watched Bozza conjure a flawless 25-minute cameo for the Mariners in Sunday's 2-1 Pre-Season Cup win over Queensland Roar.

And he and United's goalkeeping coach, Graham Ross, liked what they saw.

Contact with Bosnich has not yet been made as the former Manchester United and Chelsea keeper's representatives seek to ink a five-match deal with Mariners.

Bosnich has been pencilled in for rounds three to seven of the A-League in place of the suspended Danny Vukovic.

But Bleiberg feels the reborn 36-year-old's long-term future could be on the glitzy Gold Coast, rather than Europe.

The former Queensland Roar coach declared: "Mark is still obviously top quality. He's worked hard to put behind his lack of activity in the past few years and if you add his off-field quality he can be a star in the A-League.

"I haven't spoken to him and until we (United) get our licence (expected to be later this month) we cannot officially approach players.

"But I think the fact he's 36 isn't an impediment for him. You can see he's not too far off his former playing weight and his desire and enthusiasm to prove people wrong is obviously very strong.

"He's one of a few options we're looking at."

United's assistant coach elect, former Socceroos skipper Paul Okon, is also a Bosnich advocate, saying: "He's without doubt the best goalkeeper I ever played with."

It was Okon's recommendation, Bosnich's sparkling form in two appearances for the Mariners (the other was against Sydney) and Bleiberg's own instincts which have led to what could soon become a formal rescue package for the former Socceroos mischief maker.

Bosnich was written off in England after testing positive for cocaine six years ago and subsequently sacked by Chelsea.

Mushrooming weight and lingering drug issues did little to signal a possible comeback to the game in which he has made - and squandered - millions.

But a return to training at English second tier outfit Queens Park Rangers nine months ago - and now his fledgling association with the Mariners - has brought the devilish Bosnich grin back along with the raucous belly laugh.

While his preference is still to return to Europe, Bosnich hasn't ruled out remaining in the country where it all began for him as a teenager with Sydney United.

"It's really just a game-to-game, day-to-day, week-to-week thing and I'm not about to make any big claims about what I might or might not do," Bosnich said.

"There are plenty of people out there waiting for me to falter - and I don't want to them the chance to say 'I told you so'. I'm enjoying every minute of being back here and working with a great bunch of lads at the Mariners."

Mariners majority shareholder, real estate guru Peter Turnbull, said: "Mark's presence has been a huge boost for us in terms of publicity and his performances in the two games he has played have been excellent.

"He's one of the greats of the Australian game and I'd like to see him stay in Australia, even if it doesn't end up being with us.

"He'd be a credit to any A-League club. Our situation is that we're spoiled for keepers. Others aren't so fortunate."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/gold-coast-keen-on-bosnich-124795/

Blair

wat the f**k does bozza expect from us a life time contract
he has been out of football 4 6 years
and is over weight
personally im happy wit danny

Bear

redman said:
and is over weight

Ease up mate
He has not even signed for us yet, let alone the GC
There is no quote in that story from bozza about the GC, and nothing but good words for the mariners, yet your calling him overweight and basicly washed up, give it a rest

FFC Mariner

How anyone who witnessed his performance against "worst HAL franchise ever" FC could call him washed up is beyond me.

Hadnt played for years, admits he is unfit and he played a blinder. Even on that form, he pisses all over covic as the local Socceroo choice IMHO.

By the time Danny starts his ban, he will (hopefully) step in and we will all see that we have a genuine legend of the game playing for us.

That he "slipped up" in his past could/has happen to anyone and this self righteous, News Ltd type "drug cheat" is beneath contempt.

Rant over

Razorback

Ravana said:
How exactly is using cocain performance enhancing? He is not drug cheat, he just used an illegal drug

Cocaine is a banned substance according to WADA (world anti-doping agency) as ASADA (australian sports anti doping agency). Although I doubt he had this in mind when he was racking and snorting a line between a hooker tits!!!!!!

marinersman

redman said:
and is over weight

Are you razor in disguise?

And by the way, use proper English and proof read your posts before you press the post button.

marinersman

Greenpoleffc said:
How anyone who witnessed his performance against "worst HAL franchise ever" FC could call him washed up is beyond me.

Hadnt played for years, admits he is unfit and he played a blinder. Even on that form, he pisses all over covic as the local Socceroo choice IMHO.

By the time Danny starts his ban, he will (hopefully) step in and we will all see that we have a genuine legend of the game playing for us.

That he "slipped up" in his past could/has happen to anyone and this self righteous, News Ltd type "drug cheat" is beneath contempt.

Rant over

Top post Greenpole. It's an honour and a privilege to have him play for our great club.

Soak it up and enjoy because it won't be for long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred