• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich a Mariner ?????

Bex

Yes, nice effort from Bozza. He well exceeded my expectations. Didn't appear to have any trouble with anything that went his way; including a reasonable penalty shot.

marinersman

At last Lawrie's being a little more forthcoming about Bozza.

http://sportal.com.au/football-news-display/mckinna-europe-looms-for-bosnich-53726

McKinna: Europe looms for Bosnich
3/08/2008 9:03:52 PM
Simon White
Sportal
Central Coast manager Lawrie McKinna has tipped Mark Bosnich's comeback could take him back to Europe, but hopefully not before he helps the Mariners to a positive start to the A-League season.

Danny Vukovic is poised to miss rounds three to seven of the season as a result of his tangle with referee Mark Shield in last year's grand final and McKinna is keen to have Bosnich stand in for the side's regular keeper.

Bosnich, whose Chelsea contract was ripped up in 2002 following a failed drugs test, has so far impressed in two pre-season outings with Central Coast.

On Sunday afternoon, he made two crucial saves to ensure a 2-1 win over the Queensland Roar.

"Last week he did a bit of all right and then today when he came on he made a couple of point-blank saves," McKinna enthused.

"He's been fantastic. He's training hard, he's keen, he's a pleasure to work with and today he showed again that he's still got it."

"We're not looking at Mark for the season, we're looking at the five-game gap when Danny is suspended."

McKinna believes Bosnich is enjoying the quieter life of Terrigal but suspects that Europe will come calling sooner rather than later.

With Vukovic one of the country's best developing keepers and goal-keeping coaches already in place, the Mariners mentor doesn't expect to be able to hold on to the former Aston Villa and Manchester United stopper in the long term.

"We're a very small club," McKinna said.

"If he keeps doing OK, there's no reason why he can't (get back to Europe). And maybe that's the platform Mark is looking for."

"When the transfer window opens up over there opportunities are going to arise."

"If he is playing and playing well here, well, the games are televised over there and people are going to see he's keen and has his head switched on."

bulldogmariner

Bosnich is a credit to himself for what he has done over the last 2 weeks and Mr Gorman should start writing a cheque right now!

marinersman

That's a good point Bikini.

Would love us to sign him for 12 months. I'm sure he wants to go back and play in the UK and then we could maybe get a reasonable amount during the January transfer window.

Arabmariner

marinersman said:
That's a good point Bikini.

Would love us to sign him for 12 months. I'm sure he wants to go back and play in the UK and then we could maybe get a reasonable amount during the January transfer window.
Yes and he needs to be playing to put himself in the shop window.If we only sign him up for those 5 games then he doesn't play again he's unlikely to be picked up by a club in Europe when the transfer window opens imo.

S

soccersensei

Bozza back to the UK... I just can't see it... Probably the only one...
He's rolled with the punches so well here but the UK is a different uglier kettle...
Stay home, be a national hero, raise a family, become head of the FFA...
Sounds like a plan to me...

UK, get slagged... and Immense pressure behind any kind of shortcoming whatsoever (More so than usual!) And just not sure he could ever earn a first place keeper spot in the EPL again now for personal and professional reasons, and why would he go back for anything less?

marinersman

I agree with you 100% SS, but I think he will want to go back and test himself at a higher level. He has said many, many times that he considers the UK his home now.

The Bozza-Mariners marriage is made in heaven because we need a top drawer keeper and he (I think) will be using it as a launching pad for a UK club. If it's only a short term signing it still doesn't solve our problem for a third keeper which is a must, unless we use the YL keeper in the event of an injury to either Vuko or Redders.

S

soccersensei

Yeah maybe, maybe... Good points... Still just can't see it happening, but what the hell do i know at the end of the day ;D

Keeper situation is interesting to say the least... I think when the terms of Bozzas deal are made pubic and final a lot will be governed and revealed by that.

marinersman

The other big question is, does Vuko or Bozza start the first two games (if we sign Bozza of course)?

I can see good arguments for either case.

Atomic

In all honesty, I'd rather have Danny start for us from Rd 1 until we win the toilet seat but as we know, this is impossible. Soooo... assuming we sign Bozza the I'd prefer him to start Rd's 1 & 2 to avoid any discontinuity issues.

S

soccersensei

About to say I agree, but very hard to side line Danny...
What a call...

marinersman

It would be tough on Danny, but as Atomic said it may be in our best interests to go with Bozza in rounds one and two.

Tough one for Lawrie. He's loyal so I wouldn't mind betting he goes with Danny. I'd start Bozza.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred