• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich a Mariner ?????

Penrith9103

I found this on Fox Sports this morning. Can anyone shed any light on the issue ???

.........Farina and Roar chief executive Lawrence Oudendyk denied the club was in negotiations with Bosnich, who has also been linked with a move to Central Coast Mariners.........

The full article is:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23748337-5000940,00.html

northernspirit

i wouldnt read anything into it, i actually would like to see bozza play - he seems to have got his life back on track and it would be good for him personally... i was really excited when he joined chelsea, never thought id see an aussie player playing there but then it all fell apart from him

CCM-JAM80

As above, I wouldn't read anything in to it either re: linking to the Mariners.

With that said, I would love to see one of Australia's greatest talents (albeit wasted to some extent at the height of his powers) in the A-League. I think he would bring that extra something to the league - "star attraction".

Keepers can play as long as anyone in football, if he is fit and focused on going out with a bang  as opposed to a whimper, the A-League could be a fitting stage to close out his career or act as a stepping stone for bigger things at the end of his career ala' York's return to the EPL.

promdi442

Well he is here in Sydney this week for the FIFA forum isnt he? So if he is then he can give an indication as to whether he is interested in playing A-League and whether also any of the A-League are interested in having him playing here

Jesus

Jesus
I think it could be a great coup for whoever signs him. How old is he now? IMHO far better keeper than schwarz at his peak. Has shown great conviction to get his life back on track.

finally retired

would be interesting to know where Fox heard that the Mariners are linked with Bosnich.....I haven't seen anything on 4-4-2 so perhaps it could have an element of truth about it.....and I agree with Jesus' comments that he has shown great conviction to try to get his life back on track so is probably very committed in his approach to goalkeeping.

Deej

LOL we won't be signing Bosnich, people will link any keeper to us given the fact that Danny is out for a few months!

Paolo

I think bosnich signing for the coast would be a good thing as it would be much easier to get some gear around here

Jesus

Jesus
I agree that the rumour no doubt started as danny is suspended, and probably had nothing actually behind it. I would like to see him between the sticks for us though

Bear

Jesus said:
I agree that the rumour no doubt started as danny is suspended, and probably had nothing actually behind it. I would like to see him between the sticks for us though

You want to see a fat, washed up keeper in goal, far out, ill play for half what bozza would probably play for ;)

Jesus

Jesus
Bearinator said:
Jesus said:

You want to see a fat, washed up keeper in goal, far out, ill play for half what bozza would probably play for ;)

Bozza has shed alot of kg's in the last year hasnt he?

And he has a way to go to be your standard :p

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
gee....I DUNNO..bear...bozza...bear...bozza...bear.... bozza...SURVEY SAYS.....BEAR....cause we wont have columbian cartels parked near the club looking to shift product....but a bloke with a jug fulla jaegerbombs could make a quid or two

:vhappy: :p :vhappy:

P.S good on Bozza for getting his shit together..well done

Paolo

RECKY said:
we wont have columbian cartels parked near the club looking to shift product....
Thats where your wrong, that is a good thing. Making it easier to get gear on the coast

priorpeter

scottmac said:
Has anyone seen Bozza do any type of game time at all in the past few years?

yes - (i think it was QPR he was with) - the team he was training with actually organised a friendly match with a championship or league one side to test him out. he kept a clean sheet too

*Edit* - well i didnt actually see the game but apparently he got tested out a lil' bit

FFC Mariner

All jokes aside, he is probably better than any player we could bring in to cover for Danny.

If he is now clean and doesnt use, he is as deserving of a chance as anyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred