• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich a Mariner ?????

pjennings

soccersensei said:
Bozza back to the UK... I just can't see it... Probably the only one...
He's rolled with the punches so well here but the UK is a different uglier kettle...
Stay home, be a national hero, raise a family, become head of the FFA...
Sounds like a plan to me...

UK, get slagged... and Immense pressure behind any kind of shortcoming whatsoever (More so than usual!) And just not sure he could ever earn a first place keeper spot in the EPL again now for personal and professional reasons, and why would he go back for anything less?

I've got to agree with you. I think he wants to play at a high level again - but I don't think the week in / week out pressure of being in England is the way to go for him given that they will be looking for any little indescretion on or off the field.

I do think he could get a first team place in the EPL (with more work) - due to the dearth of quality keepers in England at the moment - but is it the right thing for him?

All I know is that I am looking forward to seeing him play as much as possible at Blue Tongue for as long as possible.

dru

Put bozza in for the first two rounds that way no one can argue about the stupidity of the ban allowing Danny to play being the reason we won.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
soccersensei said:
Bozza back to the UK... I just can't see it... Probably the only one...
He's rolled with the punches so well here but the UK is a different uglier kettle...
Stay home, be a national hero, raise a family, become head of the FFA...
Sounds like a plan to me...

I LIKE IT!!!!

Ted

Bozza for consistency reasons!

I think Danny will be looking at O/S just as much as Boz is anyway.

I have a feeling Danny would already be O/S if he wasn't facing a suspension.

T

I think it will be good for Danny to have to really work for his starting position....

Ted

T said:
I think it will be good for Danny to have to really work for his starting position....

Yes it will and will also make him think before he says or does something 'silly'.

Jesus

Jesus
I think bozza and lawrie have both said danny will start the 1st 2, so bozza can focus on getting to full fitness

swarey

Europe beckons for Bosnich

SBS ARTICLE

3 August 2008 | 21:47 - PA Sport

Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna believes Mark Bosnich's comeback could take him back to Europe, but hopes that will not be before he helps the Mariners to a positive start to the A-League season.

Bosnich came off the bench to make two good saves in an impressive 30-minute performance as the Mariners beat the Queensland Roar 2-1 in a Pre-Season Cup clash on Sunday.

With Danny Vukovic set to miss five rounds of the season as a result of his tangle with referee Mark Shield in last year's grand final, McKinna is keen to have Bosnich available to step in for the Mariners.

"Last week he did a bit of all right and then today when he came on he made a couple of point-blank saves," McKinna said.

"He's been fantastic. He's training hard, he's keen, he's a pleasure to work with and today he showed again that he's still got it.

"We're not looking at Mark for the season, we're looking at the five-game gap when Danny is suspended."

Bosnich is making his comeback after several years out of football since his Chelsea contract was ripped up in 2002 following a failed drugs test.

Sunday was his second appearance in a pre-season game for Central Coast.

McKinna believes Bosnich is enjoying the quieter life of Terrigal but suspects that Europe will come calling sooner rather than later.

With Vukovic one of the country's best developing keepers and goalkeeping coaches already in place, the Mariners mentor does not expect to be able to hold on to the former Aston Villa and Manchester United stopper in the long term.

"We're a very small club," McKinna said.

"If he keeps doing okay, there's no reason why he can't (get back to Europe). And maybe that's the platform Mark is looking for.

"When the transfer window opens up over there opportunities are going to arise.

"If he is playing and playing well here, well, the games are televised over there and people are going to see he's keen and has his head switched on."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/europe-beckons-for-bosnich-124610/

Bex

How do you reckon Danny will like this:

Starting side: 20 Danny Vukovic

Bench: 40 Mark Bosnich

?

clarence

I reckon the smart thing would be to try and sign Bosnich for firstly a short term role when Danny's suspension kicks in, and have a clause inserted saying if he gets a gig elsewhere and there's a transfer involved for the rest of the A-League season, then Mariners get the transfer fee.

The club has taken the 'risk' of getting into training and onto the pitch, and been very good to Bosnich.
We are showcasing him, when no one was prepared to go thus far and at the leevl of competition we have to offer.
If the Mariners cannot keep him or have no plans beyond the matches that Danny misses out on, then surely the next best thing - and the right thing for Bosnich to agree to - would be for a decent transfer fee if he gets shopped around to a  Euro club.

clarence

skilbeck said:
i dont think we are allowed to demand a transfer fee according to FFA regulations

I thought a transfer fee is paid to any A-League club if the club the player is going to, is in a comp that pays transfer fees (eg. England)? Don't tell me that the transfers that have happened to date, (Djite, Burns, Carle, Carney, Yorke,Thompson etc.) didn't get some cash back for the clubs that had them?  ??? I thought one of the motivations for Sydney FC offloading Yorke was the transfer fee involved, and to an extent the same for the move of Carney.
I understand that if a player is out of contract they can get a contract with another club without a transfer fee going to the original club, but if they had some retainer under contract, the A-League clubs got a transfer fee if such was the norm in the other comp.
I know there's no transfer fees for A-League to A-League club moves.

Bear

Bozza will play the games Danny is out. Thats it. He wont be contracted to us after round 7. He can go to any country, and sign for any team, even before the January window opens, as he will be a free agent. Simple as that.

clarence

Bearinator said:
Bozza will play the games Danny is out. Thats it. He wont be contracted to us after round 7. He can go to any country, and sign for any team, even before the January window opens, as he will be a free agent. Simple as that.

Oh I agree that that is the likely scenario, but I wish there was some way the Mariners could get some benefit in transfer fees or the like,particularly if Bosnich does well and the European clubs want him after the short term stint.

I've already made known my views on why chasing the big clubs and contract in Bosnich's case may not necessarily be a good move, but with his playing career now limited to only maybe a few more years I can understand him wanting to get going again IF HE CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURE.

Last thing I want to hear about is him doing well for us, getting a gig OS and then a year or so coming off the wagon and being in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. He's worked too darn hard for that to happen.

Bear

If he makes 22 saves a game, has 5 clean sheets, and is the best keeper in the a-league for the time is here, even then, no team in England would pay a transfer fee for him. 36, former drug cheat, he WILL have to trial with any team in England, no matter what happens over here.

Thats my opinion

Alicia

Bearinator said:
If he makes 22 saves a game, has 5 clean sheets, and is the best keeper in the a-league for the time is here, even then, no team in England would pay a transfer fee for him. 36, former drug cheat, he WILL have to trial with any team in England, no matter what happens over here.

Thats my opinion

:goodpost:

Ravana

How exactly is using cocain performance enhancing?

He is not drug cheat, he just used an illegal drug, and he has paid for that mistake.

Atomic

I think cocaine can be considered to be performance enhancing, especially for a 'keeper. Being a stimulant, it would make one's reaction time quicker and generally more alert whilst on the field. It's also an appetite suppressant, so it could make keeping the weight off that little bit easier... and let's face it, Bozza wasn't the slimest of God's creatures ;)

I'm not saying that it why Bozza used the drug, I'm just answering your question....
Ravana said:
How exactly is using cocain performance enhancing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred