• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich a Mariner ?????

Atomic

Personally I want Danny to be our #1 for next year. My ideal scenario is to have Bozza fill in for Danny for the first 7 rounds, do a fantastic job, win the admiration and respect of all and sundry, then have Danny come back and show us the form we know he's capable of for the rest of the season.

I'd be happy for Bozza to sign for GCU next season (so long as we have Vooks). It would mean keeping a legend in Australia so we can see him live when we play United. His charisma is good for the code as well.

pjennings

To be honest I think it would be best for everyone if Bozza stayed in Australia (with us) and Danny went overseas. Bozza does not need the 24 hour a day scrutiny he would get in England.  We all know that Danny wants to go overseas and if ge did he would not be haunted by the reputation that he has here of being a touch volatile.

dub

pjennings said:
To be honest I think it would be best for everyone if Bozza stayed in Australia (with us) and Danny went overseas. Bozza does not need the 24 hour a day scrutiny he would get in England.  We all know that Danny wants to go overseas and if ge did he would not be haunted by the reputation that he has here of being a touch volatile.

Totally agree but since Danny has now finally decided to moove house to the central coast he needs to use the time and train outside his contract hours with Bozza for the rest of the year.
If he is good then in January with all the scouts arriving here to check on Bozza  one might make a bid to CCM for his services but yes we need to secure Bozza for a long term contract at least till the ASIA CUP is over next year. He is a draw card for us, who in Japan knows Danny?

Blair

yer i was taken out  of context i think that im sick of all the signings that we miss out on and we really carnt b made responsibly 4 that cos of the sallery cap
but i think if we are to make him a maquee player danny will go to sheffield which at the moment would b good 4 him to play over there cos i would b happy to c a mariner take it to the english  :vhappy:

Andy

redman said:
yer i was taken out  of context i think that im sick of all the signings that we miss out on and we really carnt b made responsibly 4 that cos of the sallery cap
but i think if we are to make him a maquee player danny will go to sheffield which at the moment would b good 4 him to play over there cos i would b happy to c a mariner take it to the english  :vhappy:

Such as who?

Bear

dub said:
Totally agree but since Danny has now finally decided to moove house to the central coast he needs to use the time and train outside his contract hours with Bozza for the rest of the year.
If he is good then in January with all the scouts arriving here to check on Bozza  one might make a bid to CCM for his services but yes we need to secure Bozza for a long term contract at least till the ASIA CUP is over next year. He is a draw card for us, who in Japan knows Danny?

Have you though that maybe Bosnich himself only want the guest stint, so he can get back over to England himself?
Its not just the clubs decision on the length of contract, its up to the player also  ;)

pjennings

I'm sure Bosnich does want to get back to England. Just not sure that it is the right thing for him. He's a big boy - he'll figure it out. Good luck to him whatever he chooses - as long as it isn't another HAL club.

Bear

He can sign for any HAL club, bar Newcastle, and I will still clap every save he makes (tho inside I will be saying "f**k" ;))

Blair

Andy said:
redman said:

Such as who?
u no the goal keeper danny v.

swarey

Mariners, Bosnich to ramp up talks

Sebastian Hassett
August 7, 2008

THE Central Coast Mariners will open talks with Mark Bosnich's agent in the coming week about converting the former Socceroos goalkeeper's trial into a short-term deal with the Gosford club.

Bosnich's impressive return has surprised even the most optimistic of his supporters, with his sensational performance in Central Coast's 3-0 Pre-Season Cup win over Sydney FC - followed by a strong showing in the 2-1 win over Queensland at the weekend - proving he hasn't lost his remarkable talents.

While Bosnich's first likely appearance in the A-League will be later this month when the five-week suspension of first-choice keeper Danny Vukovic kicks in, a contract with the Mariners has not yet been forthcoming.

Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna said signing Bosnich was high on his list of priorities. The Mariners may face competition from the Gold Coast if they don't sign Bosnich to a long-term deal, with the new franchise believed to be interested in the keeper.

"He did extremely well against Sydney and then played for half an hour against Queensland Roar and did very, very well again. He's training extremely hard, so he looked a bit tired today, but overall he's done everything," McKinna told the Herald yesterday.

"The club will be speaking to the agent very soon because we don't want to drag it out any longer than it needs to be. He's been training all this week, hopefully the club can speak to his agent later in the week, and one way or another it can be finalised."

McKinna said while the deal was still likely to be no more than a guest stint to cover Vukovic's absence, Bosnich's impact on the club continued to be overwhelmingly positive.

"It will be just a short-term deal for now because we think Danny's the best goalkeeper in Australia, and signing Mark as a marquee player to sit on the bench wouldn't make sense," McKinna said.

"I'm sure it will give the squad a boost just to have him in, even for a short time."

McKinna is set to dip into the transfer market for a replacement for midfielder Andre Gumprecht, who will miss up to four months after undergoing knee surgery yesterday.

"We're looking at signing a replacement player and we've just started talking about it," McKinna said. "We've looked at a few boys over pre-season and we might look at a few boys in the state league and then we'll see what else is available.

"But there's definitely the possibility of us looking to bring in another midfielder, as Greg Owens probably won't come back until mid-late September either."

The Mariners and Newcastle open the new A-League season in a grand final replay on August 15. "The overall preparation we've had is very good," McKinna said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/a-league/mariners-bosnich-to-ramp-up-talks/2008/08/06/1217702143508.html

jaypee

redman said:
Andy said:
redman said:

Such as who?

Redman - I think he is referring to your comments about signings we miss out on not who we can send to the UK......

Andy

jaypee said:
redman said:
Andy said:
redman said:

Such as who?

Redman - I think he is referring to your comments about signings we miss out on not who we can send to the UK......

Yep

bulldogmariner

Mark Bosnich is very happy with the club and looking forward to continue to impress the gaffer! The club will be the ones who start contract negoatiations not Bozza.
So hopefully they start them soon.

Deej

Negotiations would have started ages ago, Bosnich has done everything asked of him, providing his head hasn't got bigger after 2 pre-season games he'll be here on a guest stint at least.

bulldogmariner

trust me not much has been happening bozza is only on trail and no contract talk has really happened as of yet.
The gaffer hasnt made a final decision

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred