• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bay16 and Behaviour Towards Women

nomes

EastEnder said:
"women's a-league starts next year that these players are not treated with such disrespect and contempt"

There's a full on womens aleague starting next year? Jesus they'll be lucky to get a crowd let alone a terrace singing.

i beg to differ, last season i played for central coast so was travelling to play and the crowds we got were pretty good.
why do u think people wouldnt want to go and watch women play football?
we are often better players then the men.
that comment was totally unneccessary.

Deej

Greenpoleffc said:
Back of 15, home of terrible language, beer, standing and no emo's

Those of who who dislike Bay 16 because of the crap going on.......simply move to Bay 15, sounds like the answer!

Sean

serious14 said:
At the moment it's a creche for the local emo community.......

Surely that will change this Saturday night??   None of this "wander in 5 minutes before kickoff because I needed to drink more at the Kendall" garbage??

TBH i do not think there is that many emo's in the bay whatsoever, there is just a large influx of YOUTHS who thoroughly enjoy the game and the atmosphere provided and encouraged in bay 16. if we hurl abuse at this crowd, or blame them for lack of noise colour etc, it just smashes their confidence in doing anything in the bay as theyre worried about getting abused again by the "heads" or the older lads at the back of the bay, so they just simply shutup, do not participate as all fun of the bay has been ruined. they just need to be encouraged or left alone and we just need to focus on our voices rather than theirs.

FFC Mariner

Fair point, but if we are more tolerant can they NEVER (FARKIN EVER) start the "lets go Mariners chant again.

It comes from that group

~Floss~

Perm said:
serious14 said:
At the moment it's a creche for the local emo community.......

Surely that will change this Saturday night??   None of this "wander in 5 minutes before kickoff because I needed to drink more at the Kendall" garbage??

TBH i do not think there is that many emo's in the bay whatsoever, there is just a large influx of YOUTHS who thoroughly enjoy the game and the atmosphere provided and encouraged in bay 16. if we hurl abuse at this crowd, or blame them for lack of noise colour etc, it just smashes their confidence in doing anything in the bay as theyre worried about getting abused again by the "heads" or the older lads at the back of the bay, so they just simply shutup, do not participate as all fun of the bay has been ruined. they just need to be encouraged or left alone and we just need to focus on our voices rather than theirs.

As well as those interested newcomers you speak of, I also noticed an increase in mixed demographics (i.e. not just emos) of non-participant spectators in the bay at the NYE game, for example, families who'd come for some extra entertainment before the NYE fireworks.

I'd guess that some non-Marinators choose to sit there because of the "atmosphere" - they see it as part of the entertainment and want to sit closer to it.

Ironically the atmosphere is sh*t-'ouse when the bay contains such a high percentage of non-participants. I wonder if they leave disappointed with the volume and appearance of the supporters group?

brett

Rather than a dozen or so of the best singers migrating to 15, why not get there a bit early and make the back of 16 solid as f**k. Then people such as myself will bomb forward a few rows into non-participator territory and fire them the f**k up. Plan?

dru

aussiecross said:
ill sit in the middle help try to motivate non participants

Will they own you like the kid in Queensland?

I really want a semi in Qld just to see the rematch in Kitty O'sheas

Part_Timer

yeah probably haha he was crazy... i think for the biggest derby and game of this year, we should all be gettin into bay 16 when the gates open and singing the whole nite not gettin in 1 hour before game jostling for a spot beside ppl sitting down....?

Deej

Perm said:
yeah gates at 6 wtf!?

comes down to money Perm - if the Mariners open at 5pm or 5:30pm it costs them quite a bit of dosh!

1 hr to get 18k people in is enough time, those silly enough to join the queue at 6:55pm deserve to be late ;)

Wombat

soccersensei said:
Wow Rowdy, for some one who can make some brilliant posts, your I should of just told her to "shut up" instead of "fcuk off" logic on a thread titled "bay 16 and behaviour towards women" doesn't exactly do you a whole lot of credit mate.

Maybe an "I should have just ignored her" (which with eight other blokes all singing uproariously surely can't have been that hard to achieve?) or better yet, just a simple "yeah I know, sorry, but it's what we do and we love it" (Nothing like a bit of simple honesty to win over an objection). But probably best of all is to listen and entertain what's being put to you before aggressively dismissing someone. It might be rubbish, it might have merit... but you'll never know if you just REACT and so in turn provoke further reactions. So don't rest your defence, better you plead guilty and swear to become a better man from the lesson you've learnt.

And Bearinator? respected marinator that you clearly are  - your realist "people have always sworn and so always will - so get over it..." defence is some pretty seriously poor ass blanket rationalisation thats not doing anyone any favours. it may well be well intentioned to help out/support a mate, but in actuality it only helps to bottleneck the real underlying issues, which are far more important than Rowdy's poor behaviour, or whether the human race will continue to "bloody" swear for that matter... but rather when you read the feedback on this forum, look at the Mariners grand vision, and do the math... then posts such as Brett's you realise are actually cutting to the heart of the issue. Issues which now the club and the league are truly beginning to blossom are destined to placed in the spotlight - especially with such incidents as the whole "pitch invasion" debacle now arising for example. (It's certainly no coincidence that this occured when we had our largest crowd) So what are the real issues or questions I'm referring to here then?

Well I'll tell you it's certainly not a question of who the marinators were... enough with the whole well I'm a real hardcore fan ego shite already to those for who it's applicable.  We all love our team, that's great - and me, yeah sure, fan since v1 - drag my kids, friends, family to games - make announcements at my business and scream myself hoarse every single game! But guess what, it doesn't make me any more important than the 8 year old girl sitting next to me who's just come to her first game and spends more time focused on her starburst lollipop than the game. Because that little girls support is is as much or more so the future of the mariners and the marinators as any of the rest of us. Thats the vision, thats the future, and as an adult and as a more experienced fan, and because I love my team and want their vision to succeed , I acknowledge that making that little girls experience a positive one is actually in part my responsibility also. Or sure i can be selfish and just focus solely on my own fulfillment and experience - but in my experience that makes for a pretty crap world. Now the Bay is brilliant and I've sung it's praises far and wide and have posted my thoughts and appreciation strongly to this affect. But you know, I also can't sit there with my boys and my family... I'd LOVE to sing all day in the bay with my sons and daughter by my side... helping drown out the bling...scum...or tards... But as a moral parent it's simply not an option. This is something I've never considered bitching about, instaed I focus on trying to increase the enthusiasm levels where I sit instead, but is it a little dissapointing? Yep, it is.

So I think it's time to step up. Really step up.  You wanna get an emo out of his chair and sing for the army, instead of putting shit on him, try befriending him.

We all know on "the poor old central coast" there's an incredible vision and metamorphisis occuring... and ITS FANTASTIC!!! and within this growth, for better or for worse, the Marinators form a key leadership position -- it is the flagship by which the rest of the coast will effectively learn how to support their team - YOU ARE THE MODEL - and so you need to look around at the demographic of who is actually making up the real attendance numbers at our games to know who it is that you need to effectively be leading. So yeah, chants that are abusive and or use crassness instead of cleverness to put shit on people only serve to separate the Marinators from the "average joe" fan that is now discovering the game. Talk about isolating and disconnecting your supporters, with that example, if we truly want the coast to mobilise and be great supporters there'll have to be a good 5000 7 - 12 year olds who are hitting the piss, and chanting chorus's that slag the refs wife. Don't you know what this does? You have a laugh, but  meanwhile, for average or emerging fans, you relegate the marinators to representing a seemingly lunatic and hard core fringe - and NOT something they can see themselves as a part of - and it diminishes the positive core leaders work. WANNA SUPPORT THE CLUB...THEN WE GOTTA WIN THE PEOPLE - and the more extreme, the more negative, the more vulgar, the more self serving... the less... the less...the less...the less...

To those who are already doing an outstanding job representing and developing our supporter base and club, my sincere appreciation and respect, and to the rest of us, time to STAND UP!
As a loyal and devote supporter I know the way I'd like to see us grow...
So here's to a bigger and always better future...
For everyone...

Wow.

Great post.

I do take my family to bay 15 which is a compromise. They still hear abit of bad stuff (i guess no worse than they hear at school) but generally are sheltered from any crappy obnoxious chants because we are just that little bit futher away.
There are hundreds of great football chants (that you can listen and learn) available on the web that don't contain the f-word or overt crudeness. We should learn a few new ones that everone can sing easily together. Even the "Walking in a Mariners wonderland"  (you tube Ricky Hatton's last fight too hear how good it can sound.)

The bottom line is we should all support each other not be bitching among ourselves.

Timmah

In response to the initial post - being part of an army in Rugby League circles... I can tell you THOSE sort of chants DO NOT happen and I'm upset that given how sensitive you appear to be about attitudes towards women, that you can shaft negative light onto Rugby League to advance your cause.

B

bakery5

Timmah said:
In response to the initial post - being part of an army in Rugby League circles... I can tell you THOSE sort of chants DO NOT happen and I'm upset that given how sensitive you appear to be about attitudes towards women, that you can shaft negative light onto Rugby League to advance your cause.

Hahaha. Its the players in Rugby League that have a bad attiude towards females.

FFC Mariner

Timmah said:

An army in NRL...........

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tool

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred