• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bay16 and Behaviour Towards Women

midfielder

Funny Bear  ;D ;D ;D but dont judge all by your standards and behavioural patterns??? ???.

Anyway I just poped in to say goodbye for a bit going on hols so go the Mariners, and hope you all have a happy new year with a Victory flogging.

:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :vhappy: :vhappy:

Diving, surfing, beach football here I come.

Again bye for now

Jimmy

treatment towards women is fine IMO.
my girl friend has no problems with what we sing.
and my sister doesnt have any problems either.
is called a guy a wanker offensive to all the guys in the bay? no.
move on already.

C

curious

For a while you guys had me fooled. Well done in regards to the facade.  :innocent: I was actually thinking the average mental age was a decade or so above that of the jesters. What a naive bugga I am eh?  :ashamed:

The last few days since the SFC V CCM games has done quite well in showing a brand new perspective. In anyone's language it's not a pretty site, but it's obviously the warts & all "look" many of you guys want to portray to the general public.
What a damn pity that is.

adz

Staff member
Anyway, nice trolling curious. Thanks for the valuable contribution to this site.

fish

Ive just read all 3 pages of threads and my personal conclusion is, we must be f**king joking!!!!
TBH if it doesnt affect you in an immediate way leave it alone, opinions are fine and welcomed though were not always going to agree so in that when someone disagrees, accept it.
DJB I am sorry your Nat was offended and I wasnt there so Im not going to pretend like some.
Rowdy is Rowdy and like him or love him he adds what I class as character to the Bay, language aside from not only him but loads of people, I know how blue it gets but I accept it.I will never bring my wife or girls into the Bay as its not a place for the faint hearted.
The private message function should have been used earlier on to save us looking like absloute muppets.
I think the issue has been worked enough.

bristol

The bloke and his miss should use a bit off common sense I sat in bay 16 for the first two seasons and joined in the fun. Dirty jokes and good F**King football songs.

but when my misses and kids wanted to go this season common sense said I was not going to let them near bay 16

you would not have a family picnic at bay 13 at the MCG or on the yabbas hill at the SCG

bay 16 is one bay off over 50 in the ground the ground is big enough for everyone. 

if you cant take the heat in the kitchen move out.

marconigirl

kevrenor said:
I had to, in fact, rein in my daughter at one stage for her language.

I am normally pretty tame at these matches (especially against Sydney when students might see/hear me... ) but I was so frustrated with the game/reffing... And it wasn't that bad... sorry if i offended anyone :(

I agree that anyone can sit in bay 16, and that some chants are inappropriate but as most people have said, sometimes it is better to move to another bay or just try and ignore (and not participate in) the chants.
(This is what i normally do, although I was sort of eased into it all being a rowdie in the NSL and hence nothing much shocks me anymore. If I do participate in chants I usually just change swear words to nothing words.)

Yellowbeard

Bearinator said:
Im so close to not sitting in the bay anymore because of all this "you cant say that, but I can say this, and he said that to me and so I said this to him" bullshit

There's already a lot of the "Characters" from v1 & v2 of the a league who have left for this reason, I too am very close to leaving for this reason and for the first time actually left the bay last week to sit in bay 17 cause my heart just wasnt in it. If being all nice and polite is the way the majority want to go then that's their right. A lot of the fun has been lost and more will go and then we'll have to read these what happened to bay 16 threads.
Ah well, save the fun for some away trips.

Deej

Yellowbeard said:
Bearinator said:
Im so close to not sitting in the bay anymore because of all this "you cant say that, but I can say this, and he said that to me and so I said this to him" bullshit

There's already a lot of the "Characters" from v1 & v2 of the a league who have left for this reason, I too am very close to leaving for this reason and for the first time actually left the bay last week to sit in bay 17 cause my heart just wasnt in it. If being all nice and polite is the way the majority want to go then that's their right. A lot of the fun has been lost and more will go and then we'll have to read these what happened to bay 16 threads.
Ah well, save the fun for some away trips.

spot on Yellowbeard

At the end of the day if people get offended easily don't go to bay 16.....it's 90 minues and 90 emotions.....people let their emotions out in different ways ;)

dibo

for anyone who wants to trawl through the history of these discussions, there were probably 15 or so threads that dealt with the issue on the old forum, and they can mostly be found here.

the thing i find fascinating is that some of the songs that were apparently untouchable early on because they'd 'been around since day dot' (meaning a grand total of about 4 months) have long since disappeared, and yet we're much bigger than we were when we sang them.

brett

Sorry to be a smartarse but if it's so 'nice' that some people leave or want to leave and so 'naughty' that some people leave (unfortunately didn't see the djebellas at NYE) all at the same time then what the f**k is it?

serious14

At the moment it's a creche for the local emo community.......

Surely that will change this Saturday night??  None of this "wander in 5 minutes before kickoff because I needed to drink more at the Kendall" garbage??

adz

Staff member
serious14 said:

Surely that will change this Saturday night??  None of this "wander in 5 minutes before kickoff because I needed to drink more at the Kendall" garbage??

I'll be in position at the back of bay 15 early this week... I'm strapping on the goon bag too so bring straws people! ;)

MrCelery

serious14 said:

Beautifully put. Methinks some people are being a bit precious these days. Last game I heard someone moan on and on because someone else called a player 'gay'.

Every one has their threshold of tolerance, but I'll be buggered if I want to see Bay 16 glued to their seat, politely clapping, as some would if allowed to impose their values on everyone else.

Give me passion, give me lots of chants and songs, give me lots of noise and colour, give me moderate swearing, give me witty insults!

MrCelery

Greenpoleffc said:
Back of 15, home of terrible language, beer, standing and no emo's

Hmmm, I may join you, although from memory, there are lot of 'shut up, sit down, I'm a pensioner' types in that bay, yes? I'd fit right in as a trainee pensioner!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred