• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bay16 and Behaviour Towards Women

B

bakery5

valentius borealis said:
radar said:
valentius borealis said:
djebella said:
I am and always will be a devoted and loyal mariners fan but I very much doubt that I will return to the bay unless this attitude changes.
Anybody who physically attacks a fellow Mariners supporter in Bay 16 shouldn't be welcome back.

how about verballing a female supporter..? That's the worst kind of incitement to violence I can think of.
Why should the gender of the supporter who's been verballed even come into the equation?

are you from newcastle? :eek:

BAD BULLZ

Who eva had a go at dj bella's misses is a complete twat i dont care who u r part time fan my hairy fkn ass they been to more games then most and misses dj b is not easily offended at all she had to sit near near me in egelaide sorry fkn i wasnt near u at the time i would of had my membership banned for anyone who tryed having a go at ya misses or calling her "part time" dont leave the bay cause of some muppets u know genrally the "real" bay supporters arent like that

Wheresdadspants?

Here here eggy, Those lil 13 yo twats have never been away and we all know the Djbella and his wife are true supporters and should be respected.!!!!!

Rowdy

Eggy said:
Who eva had a go at dj bella's misses is a complete twat i dont care who u r part time fan my hairy fkn ass they been to more games then most and misses dj b is not easily offended at all she had to sit near near me in egelaide sorry fkn i wasnt near u at the time i would of had my membership banned for anyone who tryed having a go at ya misses or calling her "part time" dont leave the bay cause of some muppets u know genrally the "real" bay supporters arent like that

Well Eggy, sorry to inform you mate, I AM that person your implying was a muppet, and also your il-informed.

Yes, I did tell her to fcuk-off, no differently then Adz has here, in the "Orange Army vs Marinators" thread.

adz said:
awayday said:
battle of the worst home ends?

f**k off?

and this person

adz said:
awayday said:

f**k off?

Sas said:
adz said:
awayday said:

f**k off?

You tell him ;)

oh, and this person

mariners_4_ever said:
typical sydney supporter!!!!! he will leave when us alone when the mardi gra starts recuting !!!!
maybe him and kossie could go as dykes on bikes and b riding breeze????????????????????

F**K OFF AWAYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

OH..........AND YOU TOO it seems EGGY!

Eggy said:
awayday said:
WHO THE FARKIN FARK DO U THINK U R FOOL WAT TEAM U RECKON U SUPPORT I DONT CARE IF U GLORY CIRCUS OR SCUM I SHOT GUNN MARKIN YOU WE GOT A TEAM ANY TIME ANY WHERE U WANT IT U FARKIN GOT IT I 'LL BRING IT PUT UP OR SHUT UP U FARKIN MUPPET
[/quote]

Seems you lot don't like what this particular person has to say.  ::)

And that's no different with what happened with this blokes mrs at the game. She didn't like what a dozen blokes were singing and told them so. I was one of those blokes and likewise, I didn't like what she was saying to us.

So taking a leaf out of your morality book, I told her to fcuk off. fair's fare. Yeah I could've been a bit more tactful in choosing my word's and told her to shut-up or similar, but i said what i said, just like you mate. I regret saying f**k-off, (no, I'm not apologising) as my sentiment in my use of the 'fcuk off' was for her to shut-up NOT LEAVE, I would've still told her to 'Shut-UP!" with the same feeling.

If your going to have a go at someone, 'verbal' them, (use your own definitions, it's all the same thing) regardless of the language you choose to use, be it swearing or the queen's 'proper' english, you have to ACCEPT that if you're going to dish it out...... well you know the rest.

As to saying she/they were a one-gamer, not quite right there.

What I did state to her was,
'We (the dozen or so blokes who were singing) have been here (in bay16) since day 1 singinging the Ian Fyfe song, where have you been? (with the sentiment that it was'nt just thought up on the spot)"

"You got no right to be telling people what they can or what they can't sing", and Yes  ::), I did state it was Australia and that Yes  ::) it is a free and democratic country and it's my right and the other blokes right to sing what we want.

A few on here already have posted, and at the game expressed the sentiment, that this woman had 3 choices:
- she could've ignored it.
- she could speak up and say something
- or she could have left if she didn't like what she was hearing.

She spoke -up, she had the right to say what she said.

The same rule applies to me, but nowhere in the legisalation does she have the right to tell people to 'conform' to her wishes though.

Just like I'm NOT going to make post's telling you EGGY what to say or what not to

As for the bloke himself, well he's the one who need's to take a good hard look at himself. Climbed over 4 or 5 seats threatening "I'M GONNA FCUKING KILL YOU CNUT!". I think that clearly out does my effort.  ::) and should be out buying himself a lottery ticket while he's at it.

Anyway Eggy, looking at your posts, Adz's etc and the multitude of similar ones that get posted on here on a DAILY basis as rebuttal's to statements made by other's that they disagree with, I gladly give you the opportunity to 're-consider' you own thought's that.... huh..... you too! felt you had the right to express. whether you do re-consider is your 'right', feel free to talk to me about it if you wish, no hard feeling's towards you, but there's the other side of the story that you weren't aware of.

Just about to post and some bloke who can't find his pants thinks I'm 13 yo  ::), but just like most of the other keyboard warrior's on here, obviously wasn't there  :eek:. 'caught with your pant's down' is what they say isn't it?

Your Honor, the defence wishes to rest it's case.

Wheresdadspants?

Just to what you said Rowdy. I understand I wasn't there in the bay this game and understand I have obviosly got some facts wrong. Did not say you were 13 yo you know who I and my father is. You know I am not a keyboard warrior as I barely have time to post on here but like to express my opinions from time to time. I understand what frustrations you put up with rowdy but honestly swearing in front of a lady is hardly fair. I know passions run high and you are one of the only supporters who know their shit but maybe a more reasonable approach would have sufficed. 

dibo

Rowdy said:
Wheresdadspants? said:
maybe a more reasonable approach would have sufficed. 
I thought i covered that, suffice?

you say she's got every right to have her say, you've got every right to say that you don't agree, but calling her a noob and telling her to f**k off is a different matter i reckon. that's not freedom of speech, that's roddy's way or the highway.

also, it doesn't take a leap of logic to realise that there's a difference here between telling a troll on the forum to f**k off and telling another marinator to f**k off because she didn't like what people were singing.

i didn't hear the song, and in a way it's immaterial. i don't think anybody's disputing that djebella's actions were less than angelic in turn, but i can't say that i'd be feeling a lot different in the circumstances had you blown up at ally (who like natalie has been at heaps of games and has been coming and singing since the start in 2005, has been interstate and whatnot with marinators, and is anything but a noob).

if people can't get used to the fact that the marinators are a diverse group and aren't all up for chants and songs well on the other side of tasteful then they need to look around a bit. or else we could just strip it down to those who do want to sing any old locker room stuff and watch a large amount of our support simply f**k off as natalie was told to do.

Wheresdadspants?

No offence but your reasons dont "suffice". What the hell does being an Australian and being in a democratic society have to do with telling a female to fcuk off. I understand being in a supporters group there are things that happens ok but maybe telling her to put up or leave in a nicer way would have been better than telling her to fcuk off. Anyway I respect both of you so I am just going to finish off by saying who cares and next time it won't happen the same way i'm sure.

Rowdy

Wheresdadspants? said:
No offence but your reasons dont "suffice". What the hell does being an Australian and being in a democratic society have to do with telling a female to fcuk off. I understand being in a supporters group there are things that happens ok but maybe telling her to put up or leave in a nicer way would have been better than telling her to fcuk off. Anyway I respect both of you so I am just going to finish off by saying who cares and next time it won't happen the same way i'm sure.

When I said I thought i covered 'that', 'that' was that I regretted saying fcuk-off and that i wished i had of just simply said 'shut-up' instead.

Brad your a hypocrite, on one hand my reasons don't 'suffice', or are not adequate, but then you tell me that "maybe telling her to put up or leave" was a nicer way.

PUT-UP or LEAVE, what does that mean? my logic is it's similar to shut-up. so now youre giving it justification. wtf?

I said it before, I'll say it again, i regretted saying 'fcuk' instead of 'shut', I still think I had the right to to tell her to shut-up, that was my intention, she was telling us to shut-up. People get told to shut-up all the time in the bay & outside of it, in fact on mass "sit down, shut-up, sit down shut-up", some get called "dickhead, dickhead" both people in the bay and the opposition.

I'm over it.

Wheresdadspants?

Yeah over it as well but just want to point out I said telling her to put up or leave in a nicer way would have been better NOT put up and leave was the nicer way so I am not a hypocrite but I don't take what you say personally because no matter what happens I respect what you do for the club mate. anyway if I don't hear from you Have a good christmas mate.

S

soccersensei

Wow Rowdy, for some one who can make some brilliant posts, your I should of just told her to "shut up" instead of "fcuk off" logic on a thread titled "bay 16 and behaviour towards women" doesn't exactly do you a whole lot of credit mate.

Maybe an "I should have just ignored her" (which with eight other blokes all singing uproariously surely can't have been that hard to achieve?) or better yet, just a simple "yeah I know, sorry, but it's what we do and we love it" (Nothing like a bit of simple honesty to win over an objection). But probably best of all is to listen and entertain what's being put to you before aggressively dismissing someone. It might be rubbish, it might have merit... but you'll never know if you just REACT and so in turn provoke further reactions. So don't rest your defence, better you plead guilty and swear to become a better man from the lesson you've learnt.

And Bearinator? respected marinator that you clearly are  - your realist "people have always sworn and so always will - so get over it..." defence is some pretty seriously poor ass blanket rationalisation thats not doing anyone any favours. it may well be well intentioned to help out/support a mate, but in actuality it only helps to bottleneck the real underlying issues, which are far more important than Rowdy's poor behaviour, or whether the human race will continue to "bloody" swear for that matter... but rather when you read the feedback on this forum, look at the Mariners grand vision, and do the math... then posts such as Brett's you realise are actually cutting to the heart of the issue. Issues which now the club and the league are truly beginning to blossom are destined to placed in the spotlight - especially with such incidents as the whole "pitch invasion" debacle now arising for example. (It's certainly no coincidence that this occured when we had our largest crowd) So what are the real issues or questions I'm referring to here then?

Well I'll tell you it's certainly not a question of who the marinators were... enough with the whole well I'm a real hardcore fan ego shite already to those for who it's applicable.  We all love our team, that's great - and me, yeah sure, fan since v1 - drag my kids, friends, family to games - make announcements at my business and scream myself hoarse every single game! But guess what, it doesn't make me any more important than the 8 year old girl sitting next to me who's just come to her first game and spends more time focused on her starburst lollipop than the game. Because that little girls support is is as much or more so the future of the mariners and the marinators as any of the rest of us. Thats the vision, thats the future, and as an adult and as a more experienced fan, and because I love my team and want their vision to succeed , I acknowledge that making that little girls experience a positive one is actually in part my responsibility also. Or sure i can be selfish and just focus solely on my own fulfillment and experience - but in my experience that makes for a pretty crap world. Now the Bay is brilliant and I've sung it's praises far and wide and have posted my thoughts and appreciation strongly to this affect. But you know, I also can't sit there with my boys and my family... I'd LOVE to sing all day in the bay with my sons and daughter by my side... helping drown out the bling...scum...or tards... But as a moral parent it's simply not an option. This is something I've never considered bitching about, instaed I focus on trying to increase the enthusiasm levels where I sit instead, but is it a little dissapointing? Yep, it is.

So I think it's time to step up. Really step up.  You wanna get an emo out of his chair and sing for the army, instead of putting shit on him, try befriending him.

We all know on "the poor old central coast" there's an incredible vision and metamorphisis occuring... and ITS FANTASTIC!!! and within this growth, for better or for worse, the Marinators form a key leadership position -- it is the flagship by which the rest of the coast will effectively learn how to support their team - YOU ARE THE MODEL - and so you need to look around at the demographic of who is actually making up the real attendance numbers at our games to know who it is that you need to effectively be leading. So yeah, chants that are abusive and or use crassness instead of cleverness to put shit on people only serve to separate the Marinators from the "average joe" fan that is now discovering the game. Talk about isolating and disconnecting your supporters, with that example, if we truly want the coast to mobilise and be great supporters there'll have to be a good 5000 7 - 12 year olds who are hitting the piss, and chanting chorus's that slag the refs wife. Don't you know what this does? You have a laugh, but  meanwhile, for average or emerging fans, you relegate the marinators to representing a seemingly lunatic and hard core fringe - and NOT something they can see themselves as a part of - and it diminishes the positive core leaders work. WANNA SUPPORT THE CLUB...THEN WE GOTTA WIN THE PEOPLE - and the more extreme, the more negative, the more vulgar, the more self serving... the less... the less...the less...the less...

To those who are already doing an outstanding job representing and developing our supporter base and club, my sincere appreciation and respect, and to the rest of us, time to STAND UP!
As a loyal and devote supporter I know the way I'd like to see us grow...
So here's to a bigger and always better future...
For everyone...

rosko

Soccersensei... Great post... I choose to sit in the stands with my 9yr old girl and 11yr old son. There is no way that I will let them into the bay. When they are older I dont care if they go in there and start with the chantiing. At the same time, I would like to see the Mariners crowd rise above the chants that keep these younger kids out of the bay. What concerns me most though is the fact that there are Mariners supporters 'blueing' with each other. This has to be left to the Cove and like, not the Marinators. It is easy for us all to jump on the boys that fired up at being told that they couldnt/shouldnt sing what they were. Hindsight and time make it easy to find the correct response in any situation. There is no easy answer to what has happened as there will always be those that will want to 'bait' those on the paddock.

There is a growing 'audience' that want to experience '16' and maybe they arent prepared for what occurs in there. Keep the noise up guys and the stands will join in. Try some of the chants that the Sydney supporters were using. Sure they will be the same, but if we are lucky the stands will get involved too.... Have to say I expected to hear "Aloisi, Johnny Aloisi, Aloisi Score a goal for me" sung to Frere Jacques...

Keep the noise up guys.. and leave the infighting to others. The marinators are the most respected fans out there. That is more important than you may realise....

T

I was debating as to whether or not to get involved in this disscussion or not. But as this topic is repeatedly being brought up there is obviously a disparity of opinions. As has been posted in other threads, Bay 16 is not the unified force it once was, and this could be one of the reasons. There are many more women involved than in the 1st season, and I will freely admit I am one of them, but not through choice... as I was on crutches for much of the first season as was sitting in Bay 15 instead, thats not to say I still didn't chant at the top of my voice. As to the topic at hand, I don't really believe that bay 16 is a place for young children, just due to the level of swearing and the simpe mass of people jumping around makes it quite easy for a young child to be injured.
As for some of the songs and language used, I'm pretty certain I've made my views clear, especially on the use of one word. And truly disparging the refs family because of his fck ups is not fair.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm one of the first to have a go at the ref, but please leave his wife out of it, all that chant does is show the level of maturity present.
I understand that everyone has the right to free speech and that occasionally things are said in the heat of the moment, at the same time, in the heat of the moment things will be said, that could have been said in a different way, there are ways and means of dealing with this.
So there is my 2cents worth. I will still stand and chant in the bay regardless, but I will pick and choose the chants i sing, as I will say something if I hear something I find truly offensive.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Mrs Recky doesnt sit in the bay anymore because she was called a c**t by someone who thought he had the right to say what he wanted...well how about B.T get some real security in action and boot clowns who carry on in this manner back over the bloody turnstiles and into the street.  maybe you do have the "right" to say what you want...but everyone got the right to watch the game without being worried about accidentally turning their head and getting abused

RobC

Quote:
YOU ARE THE MODEL - and so you need to look around at the demographic of who is actually making up the real attendance numbers at our games to know who it is that you need to effectively be leading.

ICAM wonderful post!

Its good to see the majority of the Marinators were raised right and have respect for women.

FFC Mariner

But guess what, it doesn't make me any more important than the 8 year old girl sitting next to me who's just come to her first game and spends more time focused on her starburst lollipop than the game. Because that little girls support is is as much or more so the future of the mariners and the marinators as any of the rest of us. Thats the vision, thats the future

Brilliant, brilliant post  - well done.

midfielder

Rowdy, in every sense your case was lost with your post.

I have two points of issue with you post, first for your own enjoyment to say stuff that you are aware offends a lot of people and does not enjoy much support from those around you is fairly selfish, and self centred. Then by your own account to aggressively defend it does not do much for me.

However the more important point is linking your post to the wider dickhead problem of the 13 to 17 year olds and perhaps some older less matured types. Everything has boundaries those lines we do not cross over, many who come try and impress others by going that little bit further. Your example encourages stretching and pushing boundaries which is why Hal 3 has a little more bit to it fans wise than Hal 1.

By your own rules a Cove fan could come and sit in the Marintors and say Tommy wise etc etc. Its his right its a free country mate. It makes no sense, it starts trouble.

As an aside if you said to my wife of over thirty 30 years what you said, even my slightly over weight body in its mid fifties would have reacted and them to blame hubby for reacting is ............. how did you expect him to react........buy you another beer maybe.

Many of the swearing chants develop a life of their own and get worst over time and many are offended by them, to imply that a restricted forum that users choose to use is similar to a public place is .........well..........idiotic. Essentially an asset (signing fans) to bring family type supporters becomes a liability as I said in another thread

In closing your behaviour to me seems to encourage pushing boundaries, and the next person will try a bigger insult, and so on until reactions start to happen, and thats when it get really ugly and how the media love that. Maybe I am one of the keyboard warrior you spoke however judging by this thread most feel the way I do. So over Christmas maybe you could do some quite reflectionor get pissed off by all these posts and go harder, the choice is yours mate as you said, but if you want the club to grow and fans to increase then I suggest you give yourself an upper cut and tone it down a tad, perhaps even say sorry to Mrs D. You will still enjoy yourself.

B

bakery5

this is funny stuff to read when you on the piss at the works x-mas party

adz

Staff member
Don't use me as a role model.... baaad move. lol
f**k f**kity f**k f**k f**k off. :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics