• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Back at home v Pissants 26/3

Tevor

Just a side note. We are top 4 home and bottom 3 away. Away days need some serious focus with 1-1-6 record.
We play terrible in VIC, need to address that against WUN as they will be tough to beat away. Got to give them some credit for their season so far and could be Premiers the way their are heading. We seem to lift against better opposition so that’s a positive. Sure we will got rogered by the officials again, probably the only certainty of the game.

interesting comment by Tarek after our game, he said you would think Monty would be happy with a 3 zip win but he was furious with the Pen decisions instead. Must be so frustrating for the Club and Management and we know how they feel. All we want is consistent calls. Doesn’t matter who is the middle we still get treated the same.

Man Overboard

I haven't read thru all of the earlier posts so apologies in case I am duplicating. Has there been ant news on Farrells injury? There is very little tissue around the eye socket; I wondered if it was fractured. If it is I guess he wont be heading a ball for a while.

true believer

No arguments that we’ve played better and more positive. Next week we start a pretty solid run of games beginning with second place then the team directly above us on the ladder. Squad management and rotation will be key.
6 days rest . after that we'll see

Big Al

I haven't read thru all of the earlier posts so apologies in case I am duplicating. Has there been ant news on Farrells injury? There is very little tissue around the eye socket; I wondered if it was fractured. If it is I guess he wont be heading a ball for a while.
It’s not the ball he needs to worry about, it’s the other player heads

He is very committed and i love it and you need to go into those 50/50’s as ifyou are going to win it but he’s had a few head clashes this year. That one last night obviously he’s worst

Man Overboard

It’s not the ball he needs to worry about, it’s the other player heads

He is very committed and i love it and you need to go into those 50/50’s as ifyou are going to win it but he’s had a few head clashes this year. That one last night obviously he’s worst
Yes, That header was going into the net. I'm glad be stopped it but was worried about him. Monty's interview says its a concussion, so I guess a fracture is ruled out

Forum Phoenix

I am in the Olli would have helped us control the ball movement from side to side better and had a couple of shots.

Ballard was meh. Steady but very unsure of himself and what to do against the defense. A couple of times AU pressed him and forced panic and him to pass back because they knew he was a potential weak link. Nizzy they backed off and held there line
That’s what I saw. And agree re Olly. No doubt in my mind he’s in for Max. Benni’s nightmare aside. (And the poor fella knew it)) max was clearly our weakest player. Not a hater at all, but he’s still not ready.

The question is whether Niz is allowed to be the one dictating player instead of Ollie.

Forum Phoenix

we were already getting on top of them before the send off . we have now twice played better .
than everything after new years . there is no way ballard gets dropped after that .
next week we play , no soul melbourne ballard deserves to start
But the improved play has had nothing to do with Ballard? It’s been nizz controlling the play and moving the ball quicker. He had a couple of good moments last night. But Max moved it slower than Olly if anything and actually copped some sprays for it. He’s also still struggling under pressure and turning it over. One for the future. But right now. No way in hell is he dislodging Olly or nizz.

The credit for mine goes to Smith who has made a big impact in helping us transition well. Faz for proving me wrong that he can move the ball a lot quicker. And Marcos and Cumdog proving almost everyone wrong in that they can combine really well. Oh and Monty, for clearly demanding this and getting it.

Those have been the major changes.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Monty's tactical change is interesting. Not sure if its good luck or good management. In a 4222 the width comes from your full backs. By playing Faz and Smith on the same side you have 2 WB's who can swap. If one bombs forward the other drops to cover.
If you have a winger and a FB, you lose the defensive cover.
Will we see that replicated on the right with Storm and Miller?

true believer

But the improved play has had nothing to do with Ballard? It’s been nizz controlling the play and moving the ball quicker. He had a couple of good moments last night. But Max moved it slower than Olly if anything and actually copped some sprays for it. He’s also still struggling under pressure and turning it over. One gif the future. But right now. No way in hell is ge disliking Olly or nizz.

The credit for mine goes to Smith who has made a big impact in helping us transition well. Faz for proving me wrong that he can move the ball a lot quicker. And Marcos and Cumdog proving almost everyone wrong in that they can combine really well. Oh and Monty,, for clearly demanding this and getting it.

Those have been the major changes.
everyone on the park looked better ! because we were on the offensive .
the bits that worked were nizzy and ballard . a rejuvenated olli maybe be an equally
as good fit . but that still needs to be witnessed for the current setup .
if ballard is sacked for olli then the message thats is sent. is form is no guarantee of a start .
with our reliance on youth ,that is not recipe for success

Wombat

That’s what I saw. And agree re Olly. No doubt in my mind he’s in for Max. Benni’s nightmare aside. (And the poor fella knew it)) max was clearly our weakest player. Not a hater at all, but he’s still not ready.

The question is whether Niz is allowed to be the one dictating player instead of Ollie.

I actually thought Maxy was decent. Probably his best game since Apia. Comparing his performance to Beni is an insult. Beni was a train wreck......Maxy was clever and skillful and our only middy willing to try to score from the edge of the box.

Olli, comes in instantly for me but Max certainly showed he belongs at this level far more than Smith, Beni or Roux.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred