• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL Match Thread - Tianjin Tida 18/03/09

Sean

marinermick said:
Paolo said:
Rumour has it that the experience was ruined by the presence of serious14.

Can u confirm?

maybe not

i had to blink and rub my eyes but i think i actually saw him cheering

It was an ex-melbournite who scored remember.

bulldogmariner

marinermick said:
bulldogmariner said:
I think the Mariners should try to bring in Hao Junman he was outstanding last night. Young player with lots of class. His corners were good too!

i think the mariners could probably better utilise the half a million a year he is probably on
Maybe, Maybe not!
With the AFC regulations of 3 foriegn players plus 1 we need to start filling these places for us to move forward. The Mariners network of clubs might start to pay dividends in the near future but we cannot guarantee anything there.

Hao was a creative midfielder very good on the ball who is deadly from set pieces as we have found out. Current Chinese international and 2 time CSL youth player of the year. This is the type of player we need at our club. Imagine the interest in the Central Coast Mariners in China if we had a player of his quality at or club. It would be amazing.

bulldogmariner

Bearinator said:
1st ever ACL away game = awesome
Totally agree with that STATEMENT! There is not many Mariners fans who can say they saw the team in action in a truely fanatastic game of football. Atmosphere, Smog, Smoke , Goals and most importantly the Mariners played with a certain style that had been lacking but is now back.

Wilkinson and Huke were great!
Hutchinson controlled the midfield.
Simon caused all sorts of trouble. Caceres showed his class when he came on just wish that he good play at that level week in week out because with that ability he could play at a higher level.

clarence

bulldogmariner said:
Bearinator said:
1st ever ACL away game = awesome
Totally agree with that STATEMENT! There is not many Mariners fans who can say they saw the team in action in a truely fanatastic game of football. Atmosphere, Smog, Smoke , Goals and most importantly the Mariners played with a certain style that had been lacking but is now back.

Wilkinson and Huke were great!
Hutchinson controlled the midfield.
Simon caused all sorts of trouble. Caceres showed his class when he came on just wish that he good play at that level week in week out because with that ability he could play at a higher level.

Q: Do you think that a number of the Mariners players relished the opportunity to play an opposition that wasn't hacking at them and playing the physical game as much as Australian teams tend to do, and as such, the players were given more space to display their skills better?

I find it less a coincidence that we are playing better against these Asian teams, and the players who are playing better are the ones who may have had difficulty with a more physical game.

serious14

Sean Francis Lacy said:
marinermick said:
Paolo said:
Rumour has it that the experience was ruined by the presence of serious14.

Can u confirm?

maybe not

i had to blink and rub my eyes but i think i actually saw him cheering

It was an ex-melbournite who scored remember.

Awwww, you're still a dickhead - nice to know some things never change.  ;D

Everything about the day and night was immense.  The trip to get there, the flares outside the stadium, the smog inside, the atmosphere, the swapping of scarves and such with the Tianjin Home End (bye bye Asia Scarf, hello Tianjin Supporters Scarf), the match itself, the post game inside and out..... giving shit to and receiving shit from sideline Tianjin fans (all in good fun) - I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who couldn't make it.  It was nothing like a game in Australia could ever be.  Not to mention the trip to get back to Beijing.

Fish and Bear will be on in the next few days and will have many more a story to tell.

For what it's worth:

We were amazing.  Short, snappy, sexy football - combined with SENSIBLE long balls.  Sort out some of the set piece defending, get us playing like that a lot more often, and swap Mrdja for someone good and we can give this thing a proper shake up.  I told Lawrie how good it was to see us playing like that instead of the rubbish we've been serving up after the game and he just laughed and said thanks (you know, as much as some on here go 'zomg stop picking on him blah blah', everytime I've had the chance to talk to him he appreciates the honesty - he's a grown up, he can take it..... meanwhile, that whole time, the Red Army were doing protection drills and such around the team bus).  Ben Coonan, Tobin, Lyall, Boogs, Heff, and the mayor of Wyong (name escapes me) all came over and said thanks outside the stadium.

Man of the Match??  Hutch. 

Mick - yes, I cheered.  Shock horror I know.  Away games >>>>> Home games - thought you knew this??  :p  If there wasn't a moat between us and the netting that ran around the ground we were going to go up it Boca Juniors style.  But I can say that running up and down the aisle going nuts screaming "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL" with thousands of away fans hurling abuse at you is a feeling I won't forget anytime soon.

Keensy  - yawn.  Nice to see you're keeping at it whilst I'm gone.  :p

Roy Law

swap McAllister for Mrdja should do the trick...
BTW great post Serious, would love to have been there.

dru

Greatest Away trip EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game was more than could be hoped for with the pollution around the city and did we go nuts with the second goal!

Huke is immense, please sign him up!

Further to James comments word up to smitta for clapping us before the game and a big thumbs up for the whole team for walking over to us and clapping us at full time, learnt off the steelers players and it is appreciated! Big cheers to the whole official party.

Bear

Porter pumping the badge after the game when he saw me doing the same, in a stadium full of 35,000 + thousand people = will remember till the day I die

Everything about this trip so far has been awesome. AWESOME! Wont go into detail now, but there will be many many storys on our return (and some that wont be mentioned ;))

mr_adam67

Hey Guys!
New member here..
Just letting ya know that Shane Huke will be on the world game for an interview tomorrow. Just found out ;)

dibo

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
mr_adam67 said:
Hey Guys!
New member here..
Just letting ya know that Shane Huke will be on the world game for an interview tomorrow. Just found out ;)

I hope they tell him to f**k off back to England. We want Carney!

ROFL

midfielder

mr_adam67 said:
Hey Guys!
New member here..

Good pick up ... so to will Ben Buckley.

midfielder

mr_adam67 said:
Hey Guys!
New member here..

FE-Clown.jpg

dibo

midfielder said:
mr_adam67 said:
Hey Guys!
New member here..

FE-Clown.jpg

Post of the year
['Midfielder' category, 'Non C+P' division]

Kareem

Kareem said:
fedelt said:
midfielder said:
Further to my posts on the PS match ...Huke is a massive signing IMO he will play for the Halaroos when that team is selected.

Shane Huke (born 2 October 1985 in Reading, Berkshire) is an English-born Australian footballer for A League Side Central Coast Mariners.
hmmm- never been capped for England (obviously)- as long as he has Aussie citizenship he should be eligible? from memory he lived in Australia for 3 years...:S
Confirmed- He has an Australian passport and is allowed to play for Australia!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred