• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL Match Thread - Tianjin Tida 18/03/09

dru

Ok I've pulled the relevant parts from the ACL thread for Tianjin and Kawasaki into separate travel threads if any one is doing Pohang feel free to add a thread for that game.

Tianjin Teda
nickname: Jinmen Tiger
Fans Group: Bohai sea Storms
Founded: 1957 as Tianjin City
Professionalism: 1993
League Champions(2): 1960 & 1980
FA Cup Winners(1): 1960
Stadium:
Teda Soccer stadium (Capacity: 37,450)
Average attendance in CSL 2008: 15,004
tianjin_teda1.jpg

10000603_813972.jpg

FFC Mariner said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing-Tianjin_high-speed_rail

BeijingTianjin Intercity Rail
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from Beijing-Tianjin high-speed rail)
Jump to: navigation, search
Map showing the line in relation to the current Beijing-Tianjin railway line and the Jingjintang Expressway

The BeijingTianjin Intercity Rail (simplified Chinese: ; traditional Chinese: ) is a 114 km high-speed rail line between Beijing and Tianjin in China. It was put into service on August 1, 2008 and CRH trains running on the line at a top speed of 350 km/h are the fastest conventional trains in the world.[1][2]

The 120 km journey between Beijing and Tianjin, a city co-hosting football matches at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, was shortened from the original 70 minutes to 30 minutes.

BTW, 1st class tickets are about $20.

Arabmariner said:
http://www.fussballtempel.net/afc/CHN/Teda.html

greenlion said:
serious14 said:
Is there a light rail stop near Tianjin Railway??  Most of us will be staying in Beijing and getting the train down on the day of the game......

you got on a taxi from the railway station. it's only need 10 CNY to get to the light railway station, that is about 1.5 USD, also, if you goes to the stadium derectly by taxi, it will cost you about 100 to 150 CNY I think, the ticket for the light rail train is 5 CNY, you should step off the train at the station of the international conference&exhibition center

serious14

31 09 49 49 North

117 43 10 74 East

Google Earth/Maps that, and there's the stadium.  Zoom out a little bit and you can see what Greenlion was on about when he said it's a ways out of Tianjin proper (46km in a straight line).

On the night of the game, the last train to depart Tianjin back to Beijing is at 9.10pm, and the game will obviously still be going at this point in time, so we have 3 options:

i).  Find a cheapo hotel for the night in Tianjin (or gatecrash the Mariners one)

ii).  Find a cheapo bar somewhere and drink 'til we can't feel feelings anymore, get the train back in the morning

iii).  Negotiate a taxi (or 2, if there is indeed 7 or 8 of us there) back to Beijing - not as crazy as it sounds, we did it during the Olympics.  Admittedly, they were waiting there for us after the game, _but_, if you wave a couple of hundred yuan (500 our trip cost us, which turned out to be $80 - not bad for a 150km trip, and split between four it was even better) at a cabbie, they can be persuaded.  Jess and I know enough Mandarin between us to get the point across...... and the expressway is one hell of a ride.

dru

We might have to wait and see what time the games actually are James, one of the Chinese in the last ACL played their games at 3.30pm on match days (the other was Beijing and they played at either 7 or 8pm).

If people are in Beijing the night before, I plan to be hanging out at the club football center, www.wanguoqunxing.com open till 2am that will be the most likely place to get the Tuesday night ACL matches. Beer from Y10

serious14

As is my understanding, because of the restructuring and the desire to pull it into line as much as they can with the UEFA version, the kickoff times will be more "European", so to speak.

Awaiting confirmation from the AFC of course.  8)

dru

this link includes timtable and a bit of a review on the rail service.

possible hotels to stay at in Tiajin if we decide to go that way some of the cheaper ones are a short walk back to the station come morning.

How long would the taxi ride take back to Beijing James?

Oh and thanks for the sticky mods.

Bear

serious14 said:
On the night of the game, the last train to depart Tianjin back to Beijing is at 9.10pm, and the game will obviously still be going at this point in time, so we have 3 options:

i).  Find a cheapo hotel for the night in Tianjin (or gatecrash the Mariners one)

ii).  Find a cheapo bar somewhere and drink 'til we can't feel feelings anymore, get the train back in the morning

iii).  Negotiate a taxi (or 2, if there is indeed 7 or 8 of us there) back to Beijing

Do you really need to ask?

serious14

Bearinator said:
serious14 said:

iii).  Negotiate a taxi (or 2, if there is indeed 7 or 8 of us there) back to Beijing

Do you really need to ask?

Quiet you.  :p

Dru - it took us nearly 3 hours, but we were stopped twice for security checks, and the check at the edge of the 6th Beijing Ring Road took nearly 45 minutes to get through because of traffic (ironically, when we got to the actual checkpoint, we were waved through without a fuss - it was the checkpoint out in the middle of nowhere that we had to get our actual papers out).  So realistically - 2 hours, or a bit quicker if we get psycho cabbies.  ;D 

Be aware that that figure is from Tianjin itself , probably add another half hour from the TEDA stadium.  I'm also assuming that the security checks that were in place during the Olympics are not so anymore - I'll get Jess to ask her Aunt who lives in Beijing what the go is with those now.

Bear

Soooooo for those going, let me summarize...

3 hours in a stinking cab, or...

A night of drinking and fun in asia, the whole point of this trip yeah?

serious14

Bearinator said:
Soooooo for those going, let me summarize...

3 hours in a stinking cab, or...

A night of drinking and fun in asia, the whole point of this trip yeah?

You do realise that we're going to be freezing our balls off in China, yeah??  :p

Having said that - you're allowed to drink.  Anywhere.  Plus, I need to show you all the part where the train line crosses the freeway with no level crossing gates or anything.  ;D

FFC Mariner

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Mariners fans on the piss after the football

Railway crosses freeway with no gates.

What could possibly go wrong?

dru

FFC Mariner said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Bear better hope he hasn't pissed fish off by that point of the trip  ;)

serious14

dru said:
FFC Mariner said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Bear better hope he hasn't pissed fish off by that point of the trip  ;)

Pft, we won't make it out of Australian airspace before that happens......

Bear

WICKED, ANOTHER FAITHFUL FAN MAKING THE TRIP

James, send Floss.......... "the plan"

dru

There is a plan Mitch? I thought apart from leave on x date be in tianjin on 18th come back on y date we were making it up as we went along.

Does this mean we have hit double figures for people attending this match?

serious14

Floss, Mr. and Mrs. Atomic - are you just going to do China, or are you keen to join Bear, Fish, Shoelady, and myself for some jaunty old times in Thailand as well??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred