• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A New Marquee

FFC Mariner

Elrich believes himself to be a genius and world beater.

Voted worst Fulham player all time (and there is some pretty tough comp for that).

Kwassie on one leg and stoned will add more to the side.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

C

ccmariners21

Elrich simpily is NOT a MARQUEE player, and do we need him? With Hutch, Jedinak, Owens, Kwassie, Porter, Ossie, Caceres. Surely enough midfielders.

graaant

I've yet to see anything saying we HAVE bought him!?
The only thing I've seen is an article on SMH linking him to us?

I think everyone might be getting a bit ahead of themselves here?

promdi442

In the terrorgraph today Lawrie said . . .  People can think what they want but we'll bring in a couple of players who we think can do a job. We're definitely not a two-man team." (referring to the loss of Aloi$i and Tommy)

McKinna said the structure of the existing squad would be finalised next week.

"We've got three or four names and we're looking at filling a couple of spots for now and leave the others until later in the year," he said.

"Viddy (Tony Vidmar) is looking at TV options and media stuff first, but might still have a role in the academy."

So maybe all this conjecture will be revealed (some of it anyway) in the not too distant future and then we can play the crystal ball game again as Lawrie finalises the remaining spots for the squad later in the year.

Andy

graaant said:
I've yet to see anything saying we HAVE bought him!?
The only thing I've seen is an article on SMH linking him to us?

I think everyone might be getting a bit ahead of themselves here?

If Cockerill mentions it, it usually turns out happening.

happy

brett said:
happy said:
Pete said:
midfielder said:
Bring back Michael Beauchamp IMO best Mariner ever

Well...we do need to find someone to work in the backline replacing Vidmar. As good as Beauchamp is, and a great bloke to boot, I think even he will admit to not being 'marquee' material - personality wise. He's a rather quiet reserved sort of guy. And he wouldn't be known to the general public as one of the Socceroos etc. He'd want to  stay in Nurnberg too I think.

Not so sure about that. There might be the possibility that he leaves after that season although he is contracted til 2009. It all depends in which league we play next season and what players the new trainer (we now have) likes and wants to have. Meggsy wasn't in the squad the last match.
So I see the possibility that he might leave.

I think he is good enough to stick it out overseas if he does leave. Would another Bundesliga club be interested do you think?

Yes, he is definetely good enough to sray overseas. In my opinion it all depends on in which league we play next year.
I we stay in the Bundesliga I think he has to leave although I personally don't want him to.
If we relegate to the 2nd Bundesliga I think he will stay with us.

I don't know if another Bundesliga club will be interested in him but maybe a 2nd league club.

serious14

If Elrich wakes up to himself and gets fit, then I think he'd still have a bit to offer.

_IF_ those things happen though. 

tyson

yeh, that was kind of my point... just because Cockerill said, he MAY not sign, but that doesn't mean Juninho might still sign.

...as others said, apparently Lawrie said we weren't signing Heff and Aloisi and we did. They might still be in negotiations, or the club may not feel the time is right to announce the signing. We will find out soon enough though...

FFC Mariner

Ursus said:
To tell the truth I really do not know what he would come as. ::)

An object of scorn and derision??? Someone who will be almost as good as Maradonna (todays fat version of course)?? Water boy??

Surely fail the no DH policy??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred