• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A New Marquee

skilbeck

Just starting this thread in order to discuss our prospects for a new marquee as well as watch out for rumors

I dont think it will be an Australian player because I think the stocks of Aussie players of marquee quality are running thin i.e. Kewell, Bresciano and Cahill are the only 3 id like to consider in this day and age and they are quite unobtainable. Anyone else is of low profile and would defeat the purpose of a marquee signing i.e. to sell the game in Australia and put arses on seats or are not needed (eg Neill, Emerton, Grella) and would mean we have oversigned in one position.

So the three Aussie players I mentioned are gonna sign for us in our wildest dreams. This means we have to look for a marquee import. Except for Yorke most clubs have had mixed success with internationals (Marquee and not) to say the least. Dwight was good for Sydney but is getting on in his years. Benito Carbone and Michael Bridges also played for Sydney with certain success. There was Juninho who some claim wasnt a total failure as well. Fred though not marquee certainly had a positive effect on victory, Milton Rodriguez for the scum worked well and Reinaldo for Queensland wasnt a complete joke. But then there are ones that were complete jokes, some with the greatest achievements of any player i.e. the Jardels and the Romarios and the scores of other, mainly south american players that have played in the league.

So with 78 foreign players having played in the a league. By my opinion 14 of them have had some form of instant or ongoing success there are 5.6 failures for every success and this casts a poor light on foreign born players in the a league.

However it works I hope we can sign someone of quality for this role

your thoughts people?

T

thanman

Most randomly.. Viduka?
Not a huge fan.. but his Newastle status over there is in doubt.. been in the UK mail which we get.

BAD BULLZ

Sticking with the aussies what is the availability/wages status for Kennady.Nurenburg owe us a player.
We nearly score from lots of headers he could finish them.

I think the Aleague is to physical a comp for alot of euro strikers if anyone signs a reconized name they just get marked and hacked outta the game(aloisi)

We need somebody who is a physical presence on field so they dont get pushed around to easily
with pace
and cleary can finish

I think we should look into this sterotype:
I do not want or mean for this to offend anybody but I think we should look at one of those trademark Big Dark skinned blokes with long hair or dreadlocks (no not just Drogba ;))

P

Pete

Drogba! Dream on Eggy, dream on... :piano:

Kennedy's just signed a fresh deal with another German club. What's the status of Beauchamp though - would he welcome a return? Probably on too much money though.

I think if Viduka was to return home he'd head to Melbourne.

I've always fancied one H. Kewell to come back home, but that won't happen I'm sure. And after seeing what sort of treatment Aloisi got from the defences they'd kill Harry and his fragile body!

midfielder

Not a big fan of Marquee but could name any below as a marquee to get them in the side of all the players it would be a hard choice between Matt Spiranovic & James Troisi (both young going places)

Midfield Jacob Burns, Bosnar, Eddy , Michael Thwaite, Mile Sterjovski, Scott Jamieson, Luke Wilkshire  

Strikers Joel Porter, Chris Herd, Dylan Macallister, Michael Baird, James Troisi

Defenders, Scott Guyett, Matt Spiranovic, Paul Reid

skilbeck

Eggy said:
Sticking with the aussies what is the availability/wages status for Kennady.Nurenburg owe us a player.

Kennedy doesnt play for Nuremburg anymore. He plays for Karlsruhe

ryan

Yes the Mori thing was a joke. He seems to turn up whenever we need someone.

FFC Mariner

We need somebody who is a physical presence on field so they dont get pushed around to easily
with pace
and cleary can finish

We have someone like that, we just need to get him a knee and heart transplant :)

BAD BULLZ

Very true howeva whats more likley DROGBA or fit MRDJA ;) :headbutt:

I Think we should spend the marquee dollers on a midfielder probably a wide one and hope mrdja plays a season knowing that if he gets hurt we can always ask singo and turnbull to buy us another marquee name that is outside the cap!!!as injury replacement.
Just because we're so rich its unbelievable  :tophat:

Just to throw it out there what about a marquee keeper????

T

thanman

Eggy said:

I Think we should spend the marquee dollers on a midfielder probably a wide one and hope mrdja plays a season knowing that if he gets hurt we can always ask singo and turnbull to buy us another marquee name that is outside the cap!!!as injury replacement.

Anyone in mind for a Marquee keeper Eggy?

BAD BULLZ

I got no idea was just interested to see what peoples opinions on spending the coin on a keeper.
What about that aussie bloke who knocked back sydney start of season.Personally i think we should give trott a go with a pre season of training where he can prepare and expect to be starting if it doesn't workout well we can sign someone later. He was really thrown in the deep end for sydney and nye give hime time to settle down and build a name for himself.

mariners4ever

thanman said:
Eggy said:

Anyone in mind for a Marquee keeper Eggy?

mark schwarzer, well he is coming off contract

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred