• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A New Marquee

S

soccersensei

skilbeck said:
tyson said:
pffft. not messi or kaka, wasnt fabregas a rumour? :p

jeez, so many rumours at the moment. i think i would rather dwight than skoko.
mainly because he will b able to set up a lot of goals, and will be EXCELLENT for the youth team as a coach or something. we should get him playing in the youth team as an over age. hahaha.

if we get zidane, i say keep him on the bench all season, first derby v newcastle, bring him on and tell him that griffiths said something about his family and tell him to headbutt him.

id pay a lot of money to see Zidane headbutt Griffiths

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

cruiser

Never mind headbutting Griffiths - I'd like to see him headbutt Holland hard enough to crack the treachorous scum's skull.

bradley

skilbeck said:
tyson said:

mainly because he will b able to set up a lot of goals, and will be EXCELLENT for the youth team as a coach or something. we should get him playing in the youth team as an over age. hahaha.

if we get zidane, i say keep him on the bench all season, first derby v newcastle, bring him on and tell him that griffiths said something about his family and tell him to headbutt him.
so would i

SNOWMARINER

skilbeck said:
tyson said:

Me too!

Kareem

but surely if he was even considering QPR he would consider us...
that said I doubt the QPR rumour. That seems sooo bogus.
The trick is to not go too big (ie. Kaka or Ronaldinho)...maybe Nedved to Mariners...lol

finally retired

it seems the Mariners had "informal" talks with Juninho's egent, but nothing further than that....

No room for Juninho after Sydney FC signed Aloisi
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By David Davutovic

April 12, 2008 12:00am

SYDNEY FC fans have witnessed the silky skills of Juninho for the last time after negotiations between his management and the club ceased.

While the writing was on the wall when John Aloisi signed as the new marquee player from Central Coast, FC had been exploring ways of retaining the 2002 World Cup winner.

Chairman Andrew Kemeny even stated his desire to retain Juninho in his address at last month's awards night.

But having signed Simon Colosimo, Mark Bridge and Stuart Musialik on deals in excess of $150,000 a season in recent months, FC have little room to move under the salary cap.

Sydney FC coach John Kosmina last night confirmed the deal was dead while Central Coast Mariners' supposed offer didn't eventuate either.

"It's done and dusted and there are no longer any plans for him to play for us anymore," Kosmina said. "Obviously the marquee position wasn't available so we put an offer to him that would've put him inside the cap, but we couldn't come to terms and it's time to move on.

"We tried to keep him, we put a proposal to him that was not unattractive but it wasn't marquee status financially.

It concludes a disappointing A-League stint for the midfielder, who has already returned to Brazil where he is fielding offers and considering his future. A shoulder injury restricted him to 11 starts and 15 appearances, finishing goal-less but with five assists.

Sydney FC also failed to capitalise on the former English Premiership and Brazilian star, who came with much fanfare, but was under-utilised in a marketing sense.

Juninho's manager Leo Karis said a new contract was briefly discussed but it went no further.

Perth Glory made enquiries, but they are set to go without a marquee player this season.

"For a brief moment there appeared to be genuine interest in retaining his services but at no time was a formal offer put to us," Karis said.

"The Mariners didn't either, although we spoke informally."

Kosmina, who will only fill another three spots maximum, is eyeing versatile types from the local premier leagues.

Sydney's pre-season will begin on April 28.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred